1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

30 Day Healthy Food Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Philosophical_Dad, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Philosophical_Dad

Philosophical_Dad Fapstronaut

2. Philosophical_Dad

3. Philosophical_Dad

4. Philosophical_Dad

5. Philosophical_Dad

6. Philosophical_Dad

7. Philosophical_Dad

8. Philosophical_Dad

9. Sebbrix

Sebbrix Fapstronaut

Looks like you're pretty lonely out here @Philosophical_Dad , I'm going to join you! I've generally been eating really well for a few months but I get cravings pretty often and, given the lockdown I'm in atm, I'll only be able to put them off for so long. My rules are as follows;
    • Only vegan food, plus eggs, with exceptions made below
    • No processed food, except e.g. pre-made sriracha or guacamole
    • Minimum 5 portions of fruit/veg per day
    • On days with a run or hard workout; high protein intake at a calorie surplus OR calorie balance if I start gaining unwanted weight
    • On days without a run or hard workout; be at a calorie deficit or equal calorie intake/output
    • No buying simple carbs (I'll let myself use the stuff I already have in the cupboard, don't want food to go to waste)
    • Appropriate variety in meals
    • No added sugars
    • Cheat meals only when eating with friends or going on a date (obviously it's important to eat healthily, but at present it's more important than ever to enjoy company when I can

Exceptions to the vegan rule;
    • After a marathon, I may eat absolutely anything irrespective of whether or not it aids my recovery;
    • If I believe something to be vegan, but it later transpires that it isn't, this does not break my rules;
    • Technically I follow a vegetarian diet, so if I find a veggie food that isn't vegan that would be beneficial to my overall health then I may apply the same rules as eggs.
    I'll aim for 30 days, might not check in every day but at least once a week, sitting easy at 0/30, should hit the target at the end of Feb

Philosophical_Dad likes this.
  10. Philosophical_Dad

Yes, it's great to have someone else in this thread with me! I haven't fully succeeded too often lately. But, still, I've been trying most days and this has improved my diet quite a bit, I'd say, particularly by increasing the amount of vegetables I've eaten and decreasing the amount of chips.

Those are great goals. They sound super tough to me. I might have been able to pull them off before having a kid but even then, I don't know. Definitely sounds incredibly healthy. Good luck!

11. Philosophical_Dad

12. Sebbrix

Sebbrix Fapstronaut

Thanks! I'm lucky to be a totally free agent, no kids, no partner, just me, so I don't have the extra stress and I don't have to worry about what anyone else is eating! It would be hard if it wasn't already an ingrained habit, I love the food I eat and most other foods just make me feel rotten - I had a chocolate bar a few weeks ago and it just made me feel like junk... But also gave me cravings for a few weeks!

Today was (I think) day 6/30

Philosophical_Dad likes this.
  13. Philosophical_Dad

14. Philosophical_Dad

15. Philosophical_Dad

16. Philosophical_Dad

17. Philosophical_Dad