1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

If Jesus died for our sins.....

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by The Archangel, Feb 24, 2021.

1. The Archangel

The Archangel Fapstronaut

...wouldn't he of died for nothing if we all stopped sinning?

2. smh_fam

smh_fam Fapstronaut

Really makes you think...

3. but we cant stop sinning

palindromo likes this.
  4. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Nobody's perfect bud. :rolleyes:

palindromo and Agent like this.
  5. Anti-Hero

Anti-Hero Fapstronaut

I don't know how crucifixion feels but I bet it's not much worse than the pain of having to read people mix up ofs and haves. Such a silly mistake.
    [​IMG]

6. Agent

Agent Fapstronaut

I'm yet to find the first human that has not committed the littlest sin

7. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Yeah, to sin is human.

palindromo and Agent like this.
  8. Agent

Agent Fapstronaut

Without sin we would not be on this earth for sure, to avoid sin is to win a battle, like PMO.

palindromo likes this.
  9. blacklabel92

blacklabel92 Fapstronaut

in the nt, when judgment day happens. you will stand before god and be judged for every action and word while on earth and the "book of life" will be opened" and if your name isnt in the book ull be cast out from gods sight. jesus was dubbed the lamb of god. he takes our place in judgment day so his immaculate record becomes yours.

palindromo likes this.
  10. The Archangel

idk, probably as painful as seeing a grammar nazi in an informal forum discussion

palindromo likes this.
  11. skybrowser

skybrowser Fapstronaut

If you really want to understand why Jesus died then listen to this it explains it well because saying Jesus died for our sins is a very simple way of putting it. There is a much big picture to it then we usually here but going into detail takes time so you usually people just say 'Jesus died for our sins'.

12. Anti-Hero

Anti-Hero Fapstronaut

That wasn't a grammar issue. I suppose you could call it vocabulary Nazism?

13. There is little logic to be found in imagination.

palindromo likes this.
  14. 1. I'm pretty sure that religious or anti-religious posts shouldn't be in Off-Topic. But you're new so I will give this a pass. Just remember to go to the religious/atheist group pages next time.
    2. I will also give you a pass for using "of" because you might not be a native English speaker, but next time I won't be so nice. You have been warned.
    3. Now that we've opened this Pandora's box, I guess I will give my input before this thread gets taken down or moved.
    To me, the whole Jesus arc and the concept of "sin" isn't really coherent. If we were born in sin then there would be no need to forgive us, since we didn't choose to be born. Plus Jesus just got rezzed anyway, whereas mortals have permadeath.

skibum71 likes this.
  15. The Archangel

1 and 3. This isn't a serious question at all and I'm not even that religious and definitely not anti-religious. It's just a funny question I heard. Shouldn't be put in off-topic? How does this question have anything to do with nofap?
    2. I am is of the sorry. I willeth do my bestest to stopeth.

16. theMotivator

theMotivator Fapstronaut

Exactly what you think.

onceaking likes this.
  17. Oh nvm, I misinterpreted the intention of your post. I think there was a change in moderation policy a few months back and since then, all religious discussions belong in the appropriate group pages, which are not on the main list of forums. That would include posts like this one, but I won't report it or anything because I don't really care. Same story with political discussions, for the most part. Previously everything would just go in Off-Topic, but there was a lot of toxicity and it got out of hand.

18. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

Rabbi Tovia Singer has some good videos.

19. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

Sin is an idea. Jesus dying for sins is an idea. Another idea is Christus Victor.