1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Day 49 Sucess

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Bandyakama, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Bandyakama

Bandyakama Fapstronaut

So this has been quite a journey and a lot of you know what I am talking about. I have felt the lowest of lows and the highest of highs in just 49 days.
    To start a little background about me. I am 32 and started watching P around age 15 or 16. I am highly religious and at age 18 I stopped watching as I prepared for a mission trip to Africa. For three years I abstained from P but still would M occasionally, but it wasn't very long after returning from Africa that I again picked up P. Since my 21st year till now, the last 11 years I have been struggling to quit. Those three years gave me a taste of what it was like to be free of this curse. Ultimately I would go 7 days, 10 days, 4 days, 4 hours, then 12 days. For the last 11 years it was struggle after struggle. There were also times in there where I would just say F-it and not even try for a few months, but deep down inside I knew what it was doing to me. I also knew I could quit having gone three years. I am still a virgin (by choice I've had a handful of opportunities) but I truly wanted to save that for marriage and I also had an easy out with PMO.
    So now that my background has been established, or at least a brief background here's the success. At the end of last year maybe the biggest thing to date in my life happened. I graduated with my Doctorate degree in physical therapy. It was a great moment in my life but I realized that this great success was meaningless or rather felt empty because I watched P. See no matter how successful I was in other endeavors deep down inside I knew what I did at night when no one was around, I knew the kind of mind I had and how F-ed up my thoughts were. I knew how little self control I had. And just like that anything I did was kinda pointless. So right after graduation I decided once and for all that I wasn't going to miss another second of my life. So I went about truly committing, fully committing to NoFap. I moved my phone, computer, away from my room, I told my family, and found a friend who was going through the samething who I could call and talk with. I started writing in a journal, and sought help from an ecclesiastical leader. I literally pulled out all the stops. Having just graduated I didn't yet have a job, I only had to study for my board exams. So I took this time and devoted my entire energy to this pursuit. Anyway, relapses happen and it was deflating. I relapsed once in January but since graduating in December that was the only relapse. My success hasn't come with any one thing its has come with trying everything. I would even say it has come with 11ish years of trying.
    So that brings me to today day 49. On Friday of last week I got offered a job with the largest health care group in my area, I was up against 22 other people and some much much more qualified than me (a friend at the company told me this information). Where I was able to get this job was according to my friend, was in the interview process. The interviewer was very impressed with my ability to look him in the eye and smile. Then there was today, a girl, far out of my league, a real ten, who actually rejected me (quite harshly) last year, actually asked me out. I feel like the date went well too :).
    This brings me to my point. Never give up. Never quit. Keep going, keep trying, and your effort will absolutely lead to success and be worth it. I have felt through this process sad, lonely, desperate, and any other bad emotion, but today on day 49 I feel the best I have felt in over a decade, and I know you guys can feel that way too.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
  2. PeterGrip

PeterGrip Fapstronaut

Grats on your date and your new job. Good things are going well for you

Try Interlude5 likes this.
  3. Lucid111

Lucid111 Fapstronaut

11 years... Congrats bro!

4. R.N

R.N Fapstronaut

Wow man

5. ItsSeal

ItsSeal Fapstronaut

Good! Hope something more comes out of that date ^^

6. FrenchOliver

FrenchOliver Fapstronaut

7. Jamex

Jamex Fapstronaut

Nice one fellow

8. LifeWorthLiving!!!

LifeWorthLiving!!! Fapstronaut

Man - I can relate. I went 13 months no PMO in 2016 and knew that success was achievable, but fell - and for 3.5 years struggled to stay on track. I had a similar record of a number of successful days and then a relapse.

I'm currently on Day 58 and feeling great. Learning my areas of weakness, the patterns where I tend to fall. Some are very subtle, like the "reward fap" for achieving something great. I let my guard down when I have overcome an obstacle and feel entitled.

Great witness of success! God is good.

Bandyakama and Choosing Better like this.
  9. Wow great story! This is inspiring me right now as sometimes I lack faith in what the other side of life has to offer, but thank you so much for this. Hope you continue your life on this trajectory and keep moving forward :D

Bandyakama likes this.
  10. Bandyakama

Bandyakama Fapstronaut

Wow do I understand that, I literally have used the reward fap as a thing before. It always feels so empty after too.

11. Bandyakama

Bandyakama Fapstronaut

It has been so worth it, even without the job or the girl, which hasn't really been going anywhere, to update you guys. I wouldn't trade this liberating feeling for anything. My confidence is through the roof, and I truly can go into any task/ interaction knowing that I didn't do that thing last night.

Choosing Better likes this.
  12. Alpha Wanna be

Alpha Wanna be Fapstronaut

Thank you! very important for me.

13. quiting need help

quiting need help Fapstronaut

am at my 5th day

14. Asgardian36

Asgardian36 Fapstronaut

A great success stor, man! Well done. 49 and beyond....
    We can beat this monster, guys!!! You did what you had to do to get to this point (Journalling/taling to a religious leader)....I hope I do what helps me.

Godspeed!!!