1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Becoming the writer I want to be

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Anakin66, Feb 24, 2020.

1. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

916 words, finishing the chapter. Very happy with my output this week.

2. Soreness is being to go away and I'm making good progress with my article.

Anakin66, GottaBFree and AtomicTango like this.
  3. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Glad to hear it. I hope to be able to properly go through your chapters this weekend.

aspiringwriter1997 and Anakin66 like this.
  4. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

11pm-3am was productive today. Earlier in the day I tried to watch tv and talk to the family and it wasn't worth it. I'll either turn off the TV and play a game or leave if they want to watch shows. This isn't a healthy time to meet my daily goals lol.

I'm still grinding. I'm now 3/4 of the way through the draft. I added 3,000 words and cut less than 500 since I checked in on Wednesday. I'm still 2000 words out of range but it might take care of itself.

I'm hoping to wrap up this draft in the next 3 days. I'm not sure what the last 80 pages need. A quick glance at the next chapter looked like I'd chop lots of it.

5. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

First haikus in a couple of weeks. One more optimistic, one more pessimistic.

Winter's last defence,
    conquered by pleasant sunshine.
    Springtime makes a move.

Days go on and on,
    a bitter chill still lingers.
    Abandoned by light.

6. Anakin66

Anakin66 Fapstronaut

Hello everyone,

I'm finally back after being away for about a month. I have a lot of catching up to do, but I'm glad to see you guys have kept the thread going.

I have not been on the forum for the last month because I was swamped with work and barely had time to check my phone.

I'll be brief with my updates for the last month, which have been extremely positive.

I submitted my second manuscript after revision to the journal (5000 words response) on Feb 8th.

I successfully defended my thesis on Feb 16th. The examiners were very appreciative of my work and have provided minor comments that I have to address by mid April.

Finally, I got the job that I interviewed for late last year and I'm now working for the company. It's been a great and rewarding experience so far.

I have not done any writing since the defence, but now I have a few reports to complete over the next few weeks. I'll be posting my progress as I try to get back a rhythm for writing.

GottaBFree and AtomicTango like this.
  7. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Great to see you back. Sounds like things have been going well for you, I am glad to hear it.

Anakin66 and GottaBFree like this.
  8. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

1031 words today. This chapter is very short so I hope to finish it by Wednesday at the latest. Then I will be starting my week break.

9. I added 5 haikus to my bundle last month. It may not seem like a lot, but I'm already up to 13 haikus for the year. :D

Gonna edit something real quick this morning and then respond to Atomic's message.

Anakin66, GottaBFree and AtomicTango like this.
  10. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Looking forward to it!

aspiringwriter1997 likes this.
  11. Always Keep Going

Always Keep Going Fapstronaut

I have to start truly developing myself. I always thought of myself as an industrious student, but there's a lot that's lacking.

Anakin66 likes this.
  12. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Hello, welcome to the thread! Are you interested in writing?

Anakin66 likes this.
  13. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

The 3am session yesterday was awesome. I think I only did 8 pages in the afternoon.

It's though to know if it was productive or not. Every paragraph required work. The wasn't even eddited and was written with wordprossesor suggestions off.

Going into tonight I'm going to try capping it at 20 pages. I'll finish picking agents to query if I still feel like grinding. When that's done.

I am facing reality. I won't be ready to query next week, but soon!

Anakin66 likes this.
  14. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

788 words today. Chapter is likely a page or two from being done, but I just dont have the time to finish it today. Tomorrow it is.

Anakin66 and aspiringwriter1997 like this.
  15. Completed my latest article at almost 5100 words. Now I'm about to prepare to start searching for jobs as a freelancer and start making a bit of my own money.

Anakin66 and AtomicTango like this.
  16. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

I'm trying to get freelance work too, but I'm not getting anywhere with it so far. You would think being able to work from home would mitigate the problem of living in a small northern city but if anything it just means a gazillion people apply for everything.

17. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

1218 words today. Chapter is done, so no more writing for this week or next week. Looking forward to this time off, with only some light reading and editing to be done.

GottaBFree and Anakin66 like this.
  18. Do you think me living in a rural southern area would fare me any better or am I in the same boat as you?

GottaBFree likes this.
  19. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

Well I cant really answer that as I have never lived anywhere else but there are similarities between the rural south of the US and Northern England. Its hard getting jobs most places nowadays it seems.

aspiringwriter1997 likes this.
  20. That it is and it's difficult to not give up hope. Finally responded to you man.

AtomicTango likes this.