1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. crazyhorse11

crazyhorse11 Fapstronaut

Checking in friends 101 days
    Thank you all for your support!

2. HE^MAN

HE^MAN Distinguished Fapstronaut

3. 35 days check in my fellowship.
    I'm starting a social media detox tonight including this forum for a week (maybe 2). I'll check back in after my detox is done.

4. Ruhns9593

Ruhns9593 Fapstronaut

5. the_wizard

the_wizard Fapstronaut

6. OttarrTheVendelCrow

OttarrTheVendelCrow Fapstronaut

Day 82. @RiseToGreatness, I have been reflecting on your question as to whether I feel ready to date again. Part of me is and part of me is not. The process of meeting girls, facing rejection, and building a constructive (consensual sex) rather than destructive (PM) sex life is a necessary experience for me. I am of the opinion that orgasm and sex should not be looked at as a problem as long as you are not a sex addict or in the throws of PM addiction/binging.

PM is artificial sex in the same way junk food is artificial food. It overstimulates your brain but leaves you feeling unsatisfied and wanting more. If you are morbidly obese you have to quit junk food (PM) and manifest a constructive relationship with food (sex). You cannot cut out food altogether as this leads to an equally damaging disease such as bulimia or anorexia. Abstaining from PMO for a long period of time is fantastic and absolutely necessary if you are addicted to PMO but eventually, you need to start thinking about what you want your sex life to be like once you have overcome your addiction to PM. To me, NoFap is about finding a healthy and natural relationship with sex and sharing it with others rather than abstaining from it for as long as possible.

I do feel that I still have a long way to go and I worry that having sex will cause me to relapse on PM. For these reasons it is hard to say whether I am ready or not. My plan as of now is to start making a concerted effort to meet girls at the 90-day no PMO mark. This is simply my opinion, what my PMO journey means to me, and how I am approaching it. I know that some of you will disagree with what I have said above and I value your opinion. Everyone's journey is unique to his or her values and life.

Toni7, HE^MAN, Johnthesavage and 4 others like this.
  7. KingWhalers

KingWhalers Fapstronaut

8. Caged_bird

Caged_bird Fapstronaut

Definitely..
    This time I have almost sorted all my inner issues..
    Just a bit remaining
    And from tomarrow I will try my level best to do whatever I can to love the life I always wanted to live

9. Caged_bird

Caged_bird Fapstronaut

Thank you very much..
    I will be posting very often in this thread

10. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

well, nofap isn´t actually social media bro, and it´s very important to stay accountable with the Brotherhood. if you want to take a break that´s fine, but at least check with your AP´s. don´t cut all your links to the reboot community, it´s not good for you.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
  11. RiseToGreatness

sounds good to me bro :). i think at 90 days you have build a good fundation on how to stay pmo free, and you are emotionally more solid, so if you feel ready to date, i support you :)

12. RiseToGreatness

Checking in my Fellowship. Today i become a Hobbit and my journey has started. I´m very happy :). Coincidently my dreadful flatline and low mood has stopped and today i feel great :D. Urges are kicking in but i´m not worried, feeling 100% solid.

Our brother @Ashen One has also started it´s journey today. Good luck my brother, let´s do this!!! ;)
    bilbo 3.gif

A hug of support to our brother @MarioVargas which is facing a hard time now. Courage my brother, recap, reestructure and carry on. Never give up!!! We´re with you!

The hobbit checks out for today. Have a great day brave Fellowship!!! :) And a great week ;)

13. rotten_tomato

rotten_tomato Fapstronaut

Day 0
    I always stay positive, and i intend to stay in that way. I'd been in a very bad period before I relapsed tihs time. I relapsed like every 2 days. But now, I managed to control the urges for 9 days. There are still a lot of work to do but I think that I am on the right track.

14. eagle rising

eagle rising Fapstronaut

15. Cartographer

Cartographer Fapstronaut

Day 3,

Having some urges. Went for a run, more homework on the docket for tonight.

Lets finish strong this weekend Fellowhip!

16. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Staying positive is great but what do you have in mind under the 'the right track? What do you plan to do everyday to stay on it?

17. Cartographer

Cartographer Fapstronaut

Accountability post,

Fished today. Turned down the sites before going too deep. Its really a flip of the switch. Working on just standing up at my computer rather than just trying to fight through an urge. Stand up and shake it off

18. MyGodandMyAll27

MyGodandMyAll27 Fapstronaut

Day 38. Come on you all ¡¡ We can do this¡¡

Saint Francis of Assisi Pray for Us

19. MasterPablo

MasterPablo Fapstronaut

congratulations! btw the no-PMO war starts today