1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Truly Feeling Hopeless

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by NebulousRiver, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Feeling defeated, as if I can never truly change no matter what. Sitting here at 24, so far behind.. no car, no dating experience, no stable job. I'm really fearing my future while constantly feeling the pressure from everyone to grow up. Why am I so damn afraid to do the ordinary? Get a job, make money, do what society says. I've always had a hard time fitting in - perhaps this is all just an irrational fear eating me up? Someone bring some clarity to me please.

I always fall back to old ways no matter how good I seem to be doing. Guess I need to become comfortable and okay with feeling stressed, overwhelmed, and challenged all the time. Perhaps enduring more headaches, and embracing pain as other people are total wrecks and inflict their pain on me and others.

Just so sick of feeling like an incapable kid, always at the mercy of everyone - I feel so far behind...

Thanks for reading this post, any feedback is much appreciated.

888Konichiva888 and LeBlanc001 like this.
  2. Oliver Gunter

Oliver Gunter Fapstronaut

Change takes time, take one step at a time!

Agent likes this.
  3. Thecosmonaut

Thecosmonaut Fapstronaut

Its becoming more and more common for people to have the same issues you are going through. There are times where I feel I'm not doing enough or haven't achieved enough.

The issue is you can't achieve them all right away over night. All of those things can be done step by step. Your best bet is to start out small or start at one issue and then work your way up. You can try to get a job first and focus on that. Once you're financially stable, you'll be able to get a car. Once you get those necessities out of the way, then you can get a significant other to date.

Before you go out searching for a partner, you need to work on yourself first. I know what you're feeling and it feels hopeless, as if everyone else is 10 steps ahead of you in the game of life but you can catch up. Some people start of slower or faster than others. Go at your own pace. You have one life so take it slow and try to enjoy it while you're trying to put it together.

Don't give up hope. You CAN do this. Just one step at a time. Focus on one thing first.

DeeJ4y and Oliver Gunter like this.
  4. Agent

Agent Fapstronaut

I understand how you feel bro, try to avoid talks when it comes on people pressuring you it really does nothing but stress you really, i experienced it myself too.

The fear of not knowing what happens tomorrow is normal, i'm here as an young adult with highschool yet to finish, no friends / gf, lifetime anxiety issues yet to be fixed... If you feel behind imagine what's having to realize you still have to finish 3 years of studies even though you have no idea on how to do it due to your health implications. Its scary...

You talk about having no stable job, i guess its somewhat normal at 24 especially during this covid thing, I'm sure you'll be fine you still have time to deal with those issues and slowly you'll get it.

5. DeeJ4y

DeeJ4y Fapstronaut

Just take it easy . find a job or career that makes you exited or interesting or that matches your values in life. Age is just a number and comparing your self to others only does harm. If you feel bad for not having those things since you need them do your best to work towards them. For me it took a lot of time to find something that was interesting and felt like it was for me. It did take a few tries and errors and new goals career choices but the most important part was the energy put in behind wanting something more from life. The fact that you are here tells that you are on the right path, keep going! God bless you.

Oliver Gunter likes this.
  6. PeterGrip

PeterGrip Fapstronaut

When I was 24 (27 now), my record looked something like this: finished 9th grade at age 15, dropped out of high school age 16, basically sitting in my dads' basement and failing every and all educations I 'attempted' - I was nihilistic, no goals, my life was video games and weed. Skipping ahead a few years - had barely anything to show for it - never worked a real job, only had 9th + some random shit on the CV, I watched this video of Jordan Peterson

3 years later, I have now pushed through what I missed in high school, and I'm on my 2nd year of studying computer science.

It might not do for you what it did for me, but damnit if you think you have ANY potential, go out and MAKE IT REAL!

punch54, Oliver Gunter and bigbnoo like this.
  7. FightingItRough

FightingItRough Fapstronaut

If u need to talk, let me know.