1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Filtering software options

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by jco88, Mar 3, 2021.

1. jco88

jco88 Fapstronaut

Wasn't sure where to post this but does anyone have any good thoughts or ideas on how to lock down a work computer? I can't download any software onto the computer as that requires an admin login so things like covenant eyes won't work. but I'm wondering if there is an option that doesnt require a download that might help hold me accountable.
    Thanks

2. most isp's can restrict access to certain sections of the internet.

3. BeGoodDoGood

BeGoodDoGood Fapstronaut

use browser extensions like BlockSite can help.
    they can be password protected and wont allow you to delete them or get passed them.

4. the300clean

the300clean Fapstronaut

pluckeye is your best choice - you can lock yourself in this filter.

5. Killyourlust

Killyourlust Fapstronaut

create a child account and allow only certain websites using microsoft family safety.

V∧DΞR likes this.
  6. smh_fam

smh_fam Fapstronaut

Without administrator access, your options are limited. You can install browser plugins but those are trivial to get around.

You could set your router's DNS to OpenDNS or Cleanbrowsing and then lock yourself out of that device.

V∧DΞR likes this.
  7. Gorrr

Gorrr Fapstronaut

Be careful with watching p on work computer, a lot of people got fired for that.

8. youssefff18

youssefff18 New Fapstronaut

Hi. I don't have an answer for that specific question but I have an advice for you. If your problem is that you have an autopilot uncontrolled behavior of browsing p*** then you may need a blocker, but it is not enough for keeping you safe. Cause no matter how strong is the blocker, the moment urges come you will find a way to bypass it ;) you have to do some internal work. Wish you all the best :)

Loving Loveless likes this.
  9. BeGoodDoGood

BeGoodDoGood Fapstronaut

i my opinion P blockers do work. i had chronic addiction to watching P and MO for years..it was getting into recovery and using blockers which seems to have lifted the obsession..

right now my issue seems to me MO and its POIS related and being single its hard for me to abstain from MO completely.
    glad I don't have to deal with P obcession issues as i know how much unmanageable your life can get.

that's not just my opinion but of many others as well who have used filters and blockers in recovery i have talked with. its also the nitty gritty of how you use filters and blockers. i know on my cell phone its practically impossible to get by the blocker..the more tools you use and more support you have ,more chances you will have chances of success..

youssefff18 likes this.
  10. sinner76

sinner76 Fapstronaut

I've listed some of the good blockers here.

11. Loving Loveless

Loving Loveless Fapstronaut

P Blockers do work. Most of the options mentioned above are good and also what you find from a simple google search. But a work computer is usually on a company server that logs info. Downloading plugins is not my first suggestion. I would have added a DNS. Maybe cisco family shield.

12. the300clean

the300clean Fapstronaut

i know a guy who uses pluckeye on his work station