1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to improve my confidence and "game"

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by mick5643, Mar 17, 2021.

1. mick5643

mick5643 Fapstronaut

So I know that since COVID started, possibilities of dating/ hanging out with groups are almost 0.
    My problem is that im really tall, im 205 cm and i weigh 127 kgs. I used to weigh 156kgs two years ago. I have gone from really fat, to somewhat fat with muscle. I wear t shirts with jeans most of the time. The thing is since im losing weight most jeans end up being baggy.

Thing is I always have a serious expression on my face and im really shy when meeting new people.
    It seems most people, especially girls are intimidated by me. Which is ironic considering that they intimidate my more. Recently ive begun to change personality wise for the better. I know I should see girls as normal people but its hard for me.

If only myself from two years ago could see me now. Im proud of what I have acheived but I still have much room for improvement.

Anyone got any tips?

2. The Archangel

The Archangel Fapstronaut

Being 205cm is a problem? I wish I was that big, mother fucker lmao.

brassknucks likes this.
  3. mick5643

mick5643 Fapstronaut

Well, thats until you get back problems because everything is designed for people almost half a meter shorter than you. And not to mention the nightmare that is buying clothes

4. p1n1983

p1n1983 Fapstronaut

Keep working on yourself. More proud you are about yourself, more confident you are going to be around people. Woman love tall and muscular guys, take advantage of it. Get ride of the extra weigth you still have and woman are going to like you even more. Maybe buy new clothes, baggy clothes are not attractive.

5. brassknucks

brassknucks Fapstronaut

Bro, I am sure any manlet would happily trade places with you.

6. DuckofDeath

DuckofDeath Fapstronaut

As others have said, you'll need to work on yourself. That's never advice you want to hear when you're focused on dating, but it's true.

Try to focus on expanding your social circle. I preach this on here a lot, but that's probably the best thing you can do to improve your love life, especially at your age. The activities you'll be doing with friends will put you in a solid spot to meet women, whether that's going to sporting events, concerts, parties, or simply hanging out watching movies.

Very likely some of the guys will invite their girlfriends and their girlfriends will bring a friend or two. That would have potential. Will there be cases where you will be a third or 5th wheel? Yeah, and that isn't fun. Is it possible that the girlfriend's unattached female friend will like another guy more than you? Yes...and that does suck. But if you're trying to map out a long-term strategy to date and pursue LTRs, I think expanding your social life has to be just about at the top of the list. Keep in mind, there are no magical solutions; everything involves some degree of tradeoffs.

My recommendation is to try to meet girls in that sort of organic fashion. To me at least, meeting girls with cold approaches is a disaster. yes some guys are great at it, it takes tons of skill and numerous rejections, something you might not have skin thick enough to take. And while online dating does have it's place, let's be real, that's a mine-field too. If you expand your social circle, build more tight friendships, and get out more, I can safely guarantee you that you will have plenty of promising leads come across your desk, and probably one or two girls basically jump straight into your lap.

Lost_forever likes this.
  7. ElSabio

ElSabio Fapstronaut

I can identify with what you're saying. I am also tall (193) and have always been intimidated by women. I'm introverted so the fact that I am always visible right away to everyone in the room makes it so it's hard to relax and blend in. I also look either serious or tense most of the time. I started learning how girls act when they are attracted to a guy and it made a world of difference. Now I don't worry so much about how I should act or "game". I just watch for signs that they are attracted and that alone has boosted my confidence and made it way easier to interact. Tall guys are intimidating to women and luckily for us also extremely attractive. As a part of your self work learn some female body language. You will soon realize that most of the intimidation is because of attraction and not fear or anything negative.

Twizza likes this.
  8. Changeforthebest

Changeforthebest Fapstronaut

Tell me how you know this women are attracted to you and their body languages. I want to learn

9. ElSabio

ElSabio Fapstronaut

I first read it in a book called "What every body is saying". That has really good material and it's presented in an easy to understand and remember way. The best thing I learned from it is to pay attention to how they are standing. The position of someone's feet reveals an unbelievable amount of information. That information alone makes the book worth reading. Then I just looked on youtube for "how to know when a woman is attracted to you" and "dating body language" etc. There are lots of vids which are trite but you can find some good ones if you look. There has been lots of science done on body language so there is a lot of good information for those of us who care to search it out

mick5643 and Twizza like this.
  10. ElSabio

ElSabio Fapstronaut

Couple more things I just thought of. Let's say you are at a party or whatever. You catch a girl looking at you and she looks down when you make eye contact then looks back at you after a few seconds. This is a very reliable sign she wants to talk to you. Because we (tall guys and especially big tall guys like you) are physically intimidating we have to learn to approach in a non threatening way. When you walk up to her do it from the side, sort of at an angle but not head on and keep your body turned a little bit. It's way less intimidating for them.

Twizza likes this.