1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Does anyone have success while drinking caffeine?

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by EffortlessGoalGetter, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Want to know if there are caffeine drinkers who have had success with nofap? When I was drinking caffeine the most I could do was like 12 days or something, 2 cups of coffee a day. Now I quit caffiene for more than 3 weeks now, and I've noticed a dramatic reduction of urges to jerk off. No longer tempted.

2. adamin986

adamin986 Fapstronaut

hey brother the same story the last relapse i had i think i was drinking alot of coffee i think its causes urges so bad so the answer for me that i didnt ..

3. Chazz1111

Chazz1111 Fapstronaut

Hey! I’ve actually researched into this because I love coffee so much. So coffee increases adrenaline and cortisol in your bloodstream which are your 2 main stress hormones. Thus when we have it, it sometimes puts us in a mentally stressful position and some people like to relieve stress with masturbation.

coffee does release a little bit of dopamine into the blood but the problem regarding nofap revolves around the release of dopamine in artificial sexual scenarios and the mental and physical conditioning it causes

Therefore I don’t think coffee affects nofap in terms of dopamine but can make your power to withstand urges less so

Hope this helps :))

4. Giving up caffeine is a common tactic I’ve seen people write about in their NoFap journals. I typically only drink one cup of coffee per week and this has helped.

Chazz1111 likes this.
  5. Before I used to drink a lot of coffee with milk. Today I drink a lot of milk with coffee.

Chris_Cactusblossom likes this.
  6. justname

justname Fapstronaut

I am drinking coffee and nofap is preety easy for me. But problem is sugar. In first 3 months of trying nofap i couldn`t reach even 7 days and then i heard sugar makes nofap harder and i completely eliminated sugar and i already started making streaks 15-25 days, anyting which contains sugar must go away from your diet. Which means you will have to remove almost everything like chocolate becouse almost everything with cocoa there is sugar too. You must remove almost all drinks. This will lead your diet to much healthier diet anyway. Remove sugar from coffee and that`s it

Reduce sugar or eliminate sugar. All these guys in this forum which having already like 27 relapses from beginning from 2021 and every a couple of days they writing `relapse` they probabbly eating dozens and dozens of sugar

ANewFocus and BozzoBond like this.
  7. This is true for me, when not using bad sodas and candy and so forth my streaks are longer and the urges are lesser common

justname likes this.
  8. Bob8

Bob8 Fapstronaut

I gave up caffeine 3 years ago due to sleep issues, i've been drinking decaf at home and as much as possible when i'm out and about.

But what i've noticed is that when i DO have normal coffee, it sends me into this fuzzy head rush kind of feeling and my sexual libido goes right up, hornyness level 100, its interesting...

Watanabe and 2Rewire4Life like this.
  9. Personally, I think coffee stimulates dopamine. Nobody out of this site would probably get that.

But I've always noticed that people drink coffee and still are tired. Also, coffee drinkers
    can drink all the time and still go to sleep.

That mades me think it stimulates dopamine. I believe that the idea of caffeine being a stimulant
    is based on old research and folklore.

And if it does stimulate dopamine, then the less dopamine someone gets, the more likely they are
    to avoid temptations to use PMO.

So my experience matches up with yours. I've gone long periods without coffee. Right now, it's 7 days.

Chris_Cactusblossom likes this.
  10. It baffles me that anyone believes coffee gives them energy. I mean, I do get it - it wires you and makes you need to shit asap. But after that, you slump.

Caffeine is insidious, too. I stopped drinking coffee a couple of years ago, and started eating only dark chocolate to cut down on the amount of sugar I was eating. I only found out the other week that dark chocolate's got loads of caffeine in it. =oS I'm on a good streak now, though, so maybe it's not such a big deal. Depends on how used/sensitive you are to it, I think.

Try your own experiments and watch the results.

11. Bromance

Bromance Fapstronaut

I have coffee every weekday before I go to the gym and it gives me a very noticable performance boost. There is plenty of research to back this up as well, and while it could possibly trigger relapses if you don't do anything with it, using it for exercise eliminates this issue completely. I'm on a 150 or so day semen retention, but I reset my nofap counter (now at 30 days) because of edging.

The main issue when it comes to coffee is due to having it right in the morning as you wake up when your cortisol levels are already spiking, or having it with carbohydrates. Having coffee on its own does not typically make you crash, both according to the research available and my own experience.

I can recommend watching this video if you want further details on how and when to have your coffee:

BozzoBond likes this.
  12. Bob8

Bob8 Fapstronaut

Something i have been noticing the benefits from recently is Matcha Powder (green tea powder) and it gives you a nice focussed caffeine boost, with a calmness added!

I tend to add it into my oatmeal in the mornings, or into a smoothie.

BozzoBond likes this.
  13. Aléxandros

Aléxandros Fapstronaut

I no longer drink coffee, only green tea!

BozzoBond and Bob8 like this.
  14. J053H32n4nd32

J053H32n4nd32 Fapstronaut

My IMR group facilitator drinks tea.

BozzoBond likes this.
  15. Coffee with sugar, so ... it's a bomb combination! I am gradually abandoning sugar, but it becomes even more difficult when you are married and your wife makes no effort to stop buying sweets and simple carbohydrates.

16. Not if there was anything to do with caffeine, but I practiced weight training for a while and ingested caffeine capsules to give motivation for training. I noticed that dark spots started to appear on my body (mainly arms and neck). I went to research and saw that this is often associated with insulin resistance.

17. Bromance

Bromance Fapstronaut

I try to stay away from PWO (pre workout mixes) and capsules myself. The amount of caffeine is oftentimes unnaturally high and it's easy to overdose on it. Just plain coffee is good enough to get the benefits I want. There are also health benefits from consuming coffee (in moderate amounts, mind you) so it's not just all about the caffeine contained within.
    Last but not least, the taste and the ritual of making myself a cup of coffee in the morning before I head to the gym alone has a positive effect on the rest of the day long after the caffeine itself is no longer in my system.

Supplements are way too artificial in this regard and clashes badly with the mindset that I require to stay on this journey of nofap and semen retention.

18. afther stopping cofee and caffeine, how do u recommend to lower dopamine? since when its low i dont have such huge urges

BozzoBond likes this.
  19. I feel like I get near zero dopamine by NoFap hard mode, of course, and;
    taking cold showers
    no coffee/caffeine
    no sugar
    exercise
    eating less than 1k calories/day

Then, there is a period of 2 weeks where I felt like I was suffering
    emotionally and physically.

After that, being free from dopamine is like incredible freedom, lightness and happiness/joy.

20. so I will have to suffer for two weeks, got it.