1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Rubzi

Rubzi Fapstronaut

Day 4 checkin (Attempt 3): - Orc

2. Mending Ailment

Mending Ailment Fapstronaut

3. Thancred

Thancred Fapstronaut

Day 4 Check in.
    I feel much more stable and dont have urges, now without socail media, and overall i feel that i have much more time for everithing.

4. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Sleep well, eat good food in moderation and do light aerobic workouts if you want to restore your energy levels!;)

5. bob200

bob200 Fapstronaut

Day 2! And I’m back on track. I’ve meditated, exercise, wrote in my journal and I’m so happy to be back here. You guys are right, it’s so much better to fail here while trying than to just give up.

6. Cartographer

Cartographer Fapstronaut

Thanks for the reminder @Gallade_Templar. I was part of a SA group for 6 months or so and I had forgotten the prayer.

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, The courage to change the things I can, And the wisdom to know the difference.

Thanks again! Keep strong!

7. Cartographer

Cartographer Fapstronaut

Thats the spirit Bob! Keep up the great work, and always remember that it is the not giving up that counts. I have had some major slumps where giving up seemed like the best option. I am happy to have made the choice to stay on the NoFap path. This journey has been nothing but a blessing and having the Fellowship at our side is something that I am grateful for daily.

8. OttarrTheVendelCrow

OttarrTheVendelCrow Fapstronaut

Day 106. Work has been super busy and stress levels are high. I need to be extra diligent.

9. eagle rising

eagle rising Fapstronaut

There is always hope, but it only has value in effort.

10. orionpax42

orionpax42 Fapstronaut

I made it to 34 days PMO free during February and the first half of March. A friend of mine was in town for a couple of days and we had sex once, thankfully with no PIED issues. She and I just want to stay friends so I haven't told her about my issues with PMO and PIED. The chaser effect got me a few days after she left town and I've been struggling to get past it ever since. I had a plan to go for lots of walks to avoid urges but I didn't carry them out. I was able to surf through a few urges by hanging out with friends and staying busy. I made it to another 9 days clean this past week but I relapsed and started binging over the past 2 days. The Fortify app has been helpful for tracking my progress and I can see the downward trend of PMO despite these recent relapses. I need to remember "Progress over Perfection."

I've been negligent with coming back to these forums. I thought since I had a good streak going I could just focus exclusively on life outside of PMO. I now know while focusing on healthier habits is important, I also need to keep connecting with other people trying to get past PMO.

Here's a video I found relatable and helpful. Hopefully it does the same for you:

11. ksie

ksie Fapstronaut

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay 5! :D

12. Johnny Park

Johnny Park Fapstronaut

Back to zero... Was on day 42, a new record! I feel so good despite the setback, I know I can do it now. Though chaser effect after sex with my gf yesterday is stronger than I thought. Interesting. I thought I'd only suffer from the chaser effect after fapping. Learned something new

13. crazyhorse11

crazyhorse11 Fapstronaut

Had urges today, but reading this switched the light on in the prefrontal cortex again - thanks man!

14. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

Day 38 i can castway the urges more fast than before

15. frosties

frosties Fapstronaut

Day 5 I think, I'm holding on, buried under hours of study sessions, I have thoughts/urges but I let them go, I guess I'm lucky I'm too preoccupied with what I'm studying to actually give it further thoughts. Trying to be a better student, be less complacent although more confident.

Fair day everyone.

16. Thomas3

Thomas3 Fapstronaut

Checking in on Day 1

17. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

i hope you´re better now bro.

yeah, the arrogance pit, i falled for that trap over and over again. it´s a bummer right? we can´t take shortcuts :D. no matter how long you have gone in sobriety, once you relapse you got to follow your strategy by the book again. experience doesn´t do shit in addictions if we don´t apply it. if we don´t follow our regular plan for keeping us sober, we´re gonna relapse like we´re amateurs. it really is scary.

about fantasies, i know. but when you reach 300+ days wasn´t your life a lot better? did you need fantasies back then? plus fantasies are simply a lie, a pretend. in fact all sexual content derives from lies and pretends.

the question is: why do you want to escape through fantasies? people tend to get lost thinking about the past or fantasies, when they´re displeased with present life. so make your life better bro :). Don´t run, face it, improve it. it´s worth all the efforts, and you know it. you´ve been there.

about pain, when i´m in slight suffering i use the "pause" tecnique from Tara Brach. when i have strong negative emotions i use the "breathing space tecnique". give it a try bro. it´s crucial to develop coping skills to deal with emotional pain.

good to have you back. Let´s go destroy that ring. Together!

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
  18. RiseToGreatness

i include everyone sis, when there´s a motive ;). Keep going, you´re doing great!! :)

19. RiseToGreatness

watch the stress brother, keep your life light and happy. breathe, relax and do one thing at a time. if you feel overwhelmed just stop, close your eyes and do nothing, stop.

keep going, you´re doing great!! :)