1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you struggle with healthy eating?

Discussion in 'Nutrition and Supplements' started by zippy111, May 30, 2020.

1. zippy111

zippy111 Fapstronaut

I have noticed lately I struggle to eat healthy and I struggle to eat healthy amounts. Been there? Have tips? Want to tell your story? Here is the place.

I think a lot of it is related to impulse control, which directly ties to the NoFap journey.

2. Angus McGyver

Angus McGyver Fapstronaut

I have been one of those dudes who always had to eat something every other hour or so back in the day but that's because I was quite carb-dependent instead of fat-adapted like I am nowadays.
    The thing with fast carbs (found in pasta, white rice, potato-chips, grains, french fries, bread, wheat products, etc) is that they rise your blood-sugar fast and later insulin levels as well. The latter is storing fat in your tissues but also hinders the secretion of satiating-hormones, which is one of few reasons as to why you feel hungry soon again.

Nowadays, when I am eating a diet high in fat, protein and fibers from higher quality meat, poultry, fish, some high-fat dairy products, vegetables (especially green leafy ones), nuts, seeds and some fruits, I feel full and satiated for the entire day without a problem. Hence, I do intermittent fasting and don't eat more than one big meal a day (during a 3-4 hour window) which fills me up for very long as well.
    I can also recommend a 2-4 days fast just to cleanse your body and system from toxins, waste products, and excess fat. That's what I am doing once in a while and the feeling you have after 36+ hours without food is truly a spiritual and euphoric one to say the least.

I can strongly recommend the videos of Dr. Sten Ekberg, a holistic doctor and former olympic decathlete:

zippy111 likes this.
  3. zippy111

zippy111 Fapstronaut

Everything your saying is exactly correct. If you’re into reading, check out a book called the 4 hour body by Tim Ferris. I liked this book a lot and learned more about my body and these concepts than anywhere else.

thank you for the video recommendation. I will check these out tonight after work.

4. CRSG

CRSG Fapstronaut

HIGH QUALITY FOODS I WILL RECOMMEND

RAW MILK//(CLABBERED) -------->>>>> "SEARCH GOOGLE FOR LOCAL RAW MILK FARMS
    RAW MILK KEFIR
    GRASS FED MEATS (ORGANIC CLEAN MEAT) FOUND AT FARMERS MARKETS

ANCIENT GRAIN SPROUTED SOURDOUGH BREADS (khorasan wheat (Kamut), farro, einkorn, and emmer, SPELT

ORGANIC POTATOES

RAW HONEY IS COOL, I PERSONALLY LIKE TO CONSUME RAW FERMENTED HONEY

CLEAN "ORGANIC" FRIUT, CAN BE CONSUMED IF ONE HAS A CRAVING >>>> SEEK LOCAL FRUIT IN SOMEONE'S YARD, IT WILL BE THE CLEANEST. SOME FARMERS AT FARMERS MARKETS GROW CLEAN FRUIT AS WELL

Last edited: Jan 28, 2021
  5. PanteriMauzer

PanteriMauzer Fapstronaut

No i dont struggle with healthy eating, since little kid i eat fish , salad , soop etc...so im used to eat healthy

6. I tend to under-eat. As a child my ADHD meds caused a lack of appetite. Pros: no overeating-related health issues, Cons: malnourishment and difficulty gaining muscle.

7. Ghost79

Ghost79 Fapstronaut

I dont think I am as I drink almost daily a self made smoothie of spinach, carrots, flaxseed, banana, olive oil and garlic.
    And I eat daily hand full of nuts mix.

8. Cease2020

Cease2020 Fapstronaut

The point with healthy eating is most of us know how to do it and life by it(I personally lost 40 kg) But it is hard to keep going on now our schemes are rigged and gyms are closed because of the lockdown, and also the nofap period may affect our healthy eating lifestyle. Anyone tips how to combine those healthy lifestyles. Anyone tips about body exercise during those hard lockdown times?

9. CRSG

CRSG Fapstronaut

ACTUALLY BY MY ASSESSMENT MOST PEOPLE DO NOT KNOW HOW TO EAT PROPERLY "HEALTHY." IF THEY DID UNDERSTAND AND APPLY, GROCERY STORES LIKE (SAFEWAY'S) WOULD NOT EXIST, SINCE ALMOST 100% OF WHAT THESE "GROCERY STORES" OFFER IS POISON TO THE HUMAN BODY

Last edited: Apr 2, 2021
  10. Cease2020

Cease2020 Fapstronaut

That's also true though, but if people willing they find their way

11. PeterGrip

PeterGrip Fapstronaut

I hate to say it but I struggle with it from time to time. I'll have long streaks of eating conistently, but then life gets hard and I cut myself some slack.

You can make lower case letters if you hit the 'Caps Lock' button on your keyboard