1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How do you get to know girls?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by ndotto, Mar 29, 2021.

1. ndotto

ndotto Fapstronaut

Hi guys,
    i just realized that nothing is changing in the situation with women for me. I am exactly where i was 1, 2, 3,... years ago, which is i know 0 girls, i have never had sex (other than with prostitutes), no kiss, nothing. the last time i talked to a girl outside of family was 3 years ago and it was basically because she had no other choice (we knew eachother from school and ran into eachother). What can i do?

• I don't drink/do drugs, so i don't like bars and really hate clubs and partys. (it's closed now anyways...)

• I don't get to know any girls in college, because there are like 10% girls in my major and of those very few are attractive. but even if they were, i wouldn't be able to start a conversation with them or anything, and even if i were it's all online now

• I don't have a lot of friends. I mean i have some friends, but i am not in like a "cool gang" where women are around all the time and get passed around.

• It's suggested a lot to join clubs and do your hobbies in clubs and get to know women there, but my hobbies are not something that interest girls at all, so...

• i have tried dating apps, but it's just a horrible experience. I get some matches and even some decent ones, but the problem is that they obviously have 30 matches a day (even if they are average or below) and so it doesn't make any sense to even try it there, because they always answer with <2 words (if at all) and i feel like a homeless dude asking for change after 1 week of being on the app and i uninstall it again. i went through this cycle 4-5 times in the last 2 years.
    So the only thing that i could do would be cold approaching in the city or something, but i can't do that. First of all again, some people are probably hysterical if you talk to them because of the "pandemic" and second i've tried and told myself i can do cold approach for years now and i was never able to overcome that crippling fear i get. i think i'm ready to let go of that thought now.

So how do i actually do it? Does anyone have a suggestion? I really try to stay positive and normally i am optimistic, but i think it's time to realize that nothing will change on this front, if i don't act in some way and from my current perspective there is simply nothing i can do. I think some girls might actually like me if i ever got to talk to some of them, but it NEVER happens, literally. Obviously girls don't initiate anything and i don't know how to do it without being perceived as a weirdo "asking for change", so literally nothing happens, ever.

So i need to be rational now and see if there is anything that i can do and otherwise i will just have to let it go and stick to hookers every couple of months or just never have sex at all, if i can stay that disciplined...

JosephKony69 and out like this.
  2. there's a goddamn pandemic dude meeting girls is the opposite of what you should be doing

Indiahel, out and Mo1989 like this.
  3. Slimjimjones

Slimjimjones Fapstronaut

I mean theres a "pandemic" and it's really dying down a lot here finally.

To OP, imagine your ideal self, and chase it. If you chase excellence women will naturally follow suit. And get some confidence, passion for anything and any hobby is attractive to women, not the hobby itself.

Wildfires, Reborn16 and ndotto like this.
  4. ndotto

ndotto Fapstronaut

I'm doing this. i'm now getting my degree then a nice job hopefully, i'm actually very ambitious. I work out too, read a lot, etc. It's not that i am unattractive, i think i am actually fairly attractive. The problem is that i never come in contact with any girls, like at all.

It also doesn't help that i recently moved to a new city, where i don't know anybody... Imagine this: you spawn in a random city, you don't know anybody. How do you get to know girls, or anybody for that matter?? I literally have no clue. I guess if you "chase excellence" and make a few $100 million, people will invite you into their circles and women obviously orbit around you too, but first that's probably going to take 20 years to get there and second that would be kind of the same deal as the hooker-thing...

I've been working on the confidence thing for a long time, read a lot of books, tried affirmations and stuff (still doing it) and guided meditations. Idk if it works sometimes i think it did a little bit, sometimes i think it didn't... And i didn't mean that my hobbies are unattractive to women, but that girls are not interested in them, so they won't be in a club or whatever, therefore i can't meet them there.

5. OhWhenThe

OhWhenThe Fapstronaut

I don't know either. I also don't get the "focus on yourself and the women will follow" line, seems like a bit of a baseless platitude to me.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
    outkasted and Indiahel like this.
  6. Slimjimjones

Slimjimjones Fapstronaut

I said chase excellence not focus on yourself, really it makes plenty of sense. If you were a woman, would you want to date someone that is always pushing to improve themselves and their relationships, or someone who is stagnant, ignorant, and all together lost, which isn't very aligned with the way of men and masculinity.

Cheers!

tulip lover and brassknucks like this.
  7. OhWhenThe

OhWhenThe Fapstronaut

Ok but if you don't actively put yourself in the path of these women to come across your excellence then all of this focusing on oneself is still going to go unnoticed. This is the part I don't get I guess. Like I saw some other guy say exactly the same thing about how women will come your way if you start focusing on improving yourself etc but then he basically contradicted all of that by saying the past few girlfriends he had he met on dating apps. If you don't go out of your way to meet women then unless one happens to just fall into your lap then you're most likely still going to be alone, you might be excellent, but still alone.

AlphaGod likes this.
  8. Slimjimjones

Slimjimjones Fapstronaut

I think the base assumption is that you actually talk to women, you can't be excellent if you don't or refuse to talk to 50% of the population. If you find a women attractive and want to date her, ask her. The more you chase excellence, the more the woman would be inclined to say yes if that makes sense for you.

Cheers!

9. devilsfood

devilsfood Fapstronaut

Take the red pill and see how deep this rabbit hole goes...
    No sexual pun intended

Slimjimjones likes this.
  10. Slimjimjones

Slimjimjones Fapstronaut

Yeahhhh

11. brassknucks

brassknucks Fapstronaut

Say hi to them and ask if she wants to go get ice cream with you.

Indiahel and ElSabio like this.
  12. Matthew 2

Matthew 2 Fapstronaut

It seems to me like you got your stuff together. Don’t read that self help stuff anymore. Read anything but self help. Accept yourself for who you are, you sound like you got your stuff together. You don’t drink, that’s great keep that up. Don’t let anyone make you feel inadequate. Be who you are, unapologetically. Wait till the pandemic lifts and then start making moves. Cold approaches with women can start gradually and work your way up to them. Start by talking to random strangers about anything, it could be the stupidest thing in the world like an observation or something and then slowly build that to women you genuinely want to meet. Lower the expectations of “what’s the best thing to say” literally you could say the dumbest things to get a conversation rolling!

ndotto and CarP like this.
  13. buy a pet frog, frogs are the ultimate lady magnet

14. So this
    is how you're looking at things?
    Well, might as well explain a lot.

Matthew 2 likes this.
  15. p1n1983

p1n1983 Fapstronaut

Are you attracted by your own life? Are you exited about what you do every day? Are you in good shape? Are you fun to be with? Are you charming? Do you know something about seduction?
    How a woman is going to be attracted to you if you are not?
    build a great life for yourself and woman are going to want to be in your life. If you need to go out and chase woman is not going to work. Woman go after the man they desire, and use the guys that run after them.

So first, you really need to work on yourself and be happy with your life. Be the best version you can be and live your life. Go out there and woman will see that you are happy and they are going to wonder why and are going to be interested to know you.

Online dating: is all about looks or showing status or power (money), if you are good looking (like a 7 or above) or you have a nice car or bote or expensive travells then you have a chance. If not online apps are not for you.
    Another thing that you already pointed out, let say you have 2..3 matches a day.. an average woman is going to get 50 matches. A hot woman will get 200..300 a day.
    So.. if you are not the top 5 in her list she is not going to give you the time a day. if you are not in top 5 she is going to use you for validation, talk to you just when she is bored and want someone to entertain her. She is going to be super chatty with his top 5 guys and she is going to date them.
    So... online apps can work but is not for everyone. In my own experience I talk to a lot of woman but I only ask out in average only one woman a month because she shows me that i'm in her top 5 list. I don't waste time with the others.

The little prince likes this.
  16. ndotto

ndotto Fapstronaut

I don't understand what you mean... could you elaborate?

17. ndotto

ndotto Fapstronaut

It's funny you say that, i think this every time i finish a book, i feel like it doesn't help me (anymore), but then i look for a new book and i don't know what else to read hahah, but you're right i will definitely read something else next.

Hmmm i don't know if it's the culture of where i am living (everybody is kind of uptight when it comes to strangers), people don't really talk to eachother here. so since nobody else does it, it makes it kind of weird to just start a conversation, i honestly have no idea how someone would react if i just said something... but i will try to start doing small things, maybe ask for directions or something and then take it from there.

but another (maybe mental) problem i have with "cold approach" is that i often think that girls don't want to talk to strangers... I mean from a girl's perspective: They literally can install an app on their phone and browse through thousands of dudes and pick one that they want. It's not even funny, whatever they are looking for they can just make it happen like when i order a pizza online or something. Again i feel like a homeless dude asking for change, because they seem so not interested and i wouldn't want to approach or get approached by strangers either, if i had 50 hot chicks begging to meet me every day. Do you know what i mean?

I know that i am "a better deal" than most dudes, but i'm sure there is someone taller, better looking, more money, more muscles, etc..... on tinder that they can have, so why would they even meet me. This thought cripples me and the problem is that it is a rational thought so i can't really convince myself of the opposite.

thanks for your advice

18. ndotto

ndotto Fapstronaut

I know all that, but unless you are justin bieber or some ball player, women will never approach you, right? so even if you are super happy and successful, you need to make the first step in some way, which i have no clue how to do. I could win the lottery today and drive around in a lamborghini, but women still just don't come up to you. and again the kind of women you attract with expensive stuff are not what i'm looking for... probably sticking to prostitutes woudl be cheaper in that case

AlphaGod and brassknucks like this.
  19. OhWhenThe

OhWhenThe Fapstronaut

"Out there" is a very vague term. The OP has already said he doesn't do bars/clubs and that his interests are male dominated so where is it you suggest he goes? This is why I don't really get the line about focusing on yourself and the women will want to be with you. Yes that applies when you're already in an environment surrounded by women but we're on about the step before that, the actual meeting them part - which again is something that happens through actions, it doesn't happen passively as this platitude about focusing on yourself suggests.

AlphaGod and ndotto like this.
  20. brassknucks

brassknucks Fapstronaut

The best way to get to know them is in non-dating settings. Talk to her, really know how she views the world and how she feels about important issues and if those mesh with what you believe.

Its really best to get to know her before any dating or sexual contact because once you’ve past those points, you’re already prematurely emotionally invested in her after sharing intimacy together.