1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I can't study anything anymore

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, Apr 3, 2021.

1. Guys I am a chronic procrastinator , already many books on this, courses and etc, but to this day I still procrastine a lot, and now I can not study even an hour then I start to disperse enough,
    When I start studying, comes several thoughts that I'm studying in vain and that I won't get, that I won't be able to get any results, really several toxic thoughts

2. LovelyLife

LovelyLife Fapstronaut

Hey,

have you had any experiences which confirm your thoughts that you "are not able to get any results" ? Or are these just thoughts you have because you have a negative mindset?

You see, there are many reason why you are procrastinating. Maybe it's just that you don't like what you are doing. Considering the fact that I don't know you, I cannot tell you anything that could possibly help or make you feel better.

Can you explain your current situation a little further so that I understand how exactly these thoughts are triggered?
    • How is your current situation?
    • What are your personal successes and how did they make you feel (relating to your studies)
    • Is it possible that you tie your self worth to a certain outcome (relating to your studies)? If so, what makes you think not studying enough or getting the grades you want makes you inferior?
    • What was the reason you chose this area of study?
    Much Love.

3. I'm well more or less, when I'm not practicing some vicio, I feel lost in the world, I kind of want to mask reality

I enjoyed studying language, books, and others in particular, but I had a habit of confirming that such a study does not work that it is difficult "by other people's heads" that it became unbearable to study so much bad things that comes to mind

It's not that I take low note makes me inferior, but rather that I won't get any results and that's just a waste of time I was computing my performance in it

Influence friend, I believe that deep down I really like but that negative influences have entered my mind

4. I am in a similar place. We both seem to demonstrate high levels of avoidance and self-criticism.

I think @LovelyLife was spot on. You should definitely take some time (more than just a couple minutes) to listen to the voice which tells you that you are wasting your time. As you listen to this "toxic" voice, see where it takes you. Don't agree or disagree with it, but just hear what it has to say. You might learn a lot about yourself.

BombaCalma likes this.
  5. Igaleksus

Igaleksus Fapstronaut

One hour is really hard. Have you tried emotional diary? Today I was in hard situation... social situation, where I felt very anxious. And to start next activity, I used emotional diary, to clean out my inner-self from bothering thoughts and feelings..

6. I tried, I had a diary, but only relieved the pressure for a while later, used in the automatic and never reflected much, I'll go back to use to see but with another thought

7. Igaleksus

Igaleksus Fapstronaut

One hour is really hard.

8. Gurdev Thakur

Gurdev Thakur Fapstronaut

then try for just 30 minutes or if you are unable to study 30 minutes then go for only 15 minutes . i know this situation cuz i am going through this from almost 3 months .. make proper plan of what you are gonna study next and just sit for little with no distractions .. i was also gonna do this today .. we procrastinate becuz of few reasons and one of them is that we find something hard to do and another is that we had lost interest in them ... so you must keep trying to study untill it seems impossible

9. LovelyLife

LovelyLife Fapstronaut

I still don't know what kind of "results" you wish to produce.

Also, it would be interesting to know what makes you wanting to "mask reality".
    Aren't there things besides your studies that make you happy or are fun for you - people, activities?

10. Do you feel disapproved of?
    Do people hate your company?

12. brassknucks

brassknucks Fapstronaut

Its okay bro, I hate homework HAAAAATE IT!!! If homework were a person, I would’ve killed it! Seriously

13. brassknucks

brassknucks Fapstronaut

Its the only reason I haven’t finished college yet. I gotta finish it though because I don’t wanna be a loser and not finish when I am so close to completing.

14. I'll start a Thread in a Few days from now about Studying, There are few techniques you need to Master while studying, Please try to Follow me for the next few days, I'll Study as well and we'll make it all togather!

V∧DΞR, Phast and brassknucks like this.
  15. brassknucks

brassknucks Fapstronaut

Brother, you are like Moses leading me into the fat land of milk and honey.

V∧DΞR and Mr.Tony like this.
  17. You're welcome ;) , If you need anything just ask!

brassknucks likes this.
  18. You're the man.

Mr.Tony likes this.
  19. Julian Baker

Julian Baker Distinguished Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

You do realise that you're creating your reality by saying exactly what you say. Stop saying negative things. Stop negating and downtrodding yourself.

Did you know that speaking a thought out aloud is 10 x more powerful than thinking it. And that negativity is 4-7 x more powerful than positivity. That means, when you spurt out negativity about yourself, your life and your circumstances, it's 40 to 70 times more likely that it will manifest in your life.

Your negativity is in effect weaponised self-speak that is predicting and perpetuating exactly what you don't want to happen in your life. You are literally fulfilling your own prophecy. It's like each negative word you speak is a nuclear weapon that fires from your mind/mouth only to come back and destroys the chance of living the very life you want to be living.

Read over what you just wrote. That's why you procrastinate. Because you are telling yourself you do! So stop telling yourself that!

why don't you just learn to focus on what you want and pro-actively/practically train yourself to improve, instead of telling yourself "you can't" and then keep looking for proof that you can't.

Why not work to your strengths, instead of highlighting your weaknesses.

Why not study for the 30-40 minutes, or however long it is that you can focus, take a little break and return for another 30-40 minutes. Then commend yourself for that achievement. Even reward yourself for the achievement instead of putting yourself down telling yourself you're crap, which will only make you feel like crap and remove any desire to keep studying, which in turn will reinforce the negative self-belief because you haven't produced any work!?

If you did that 10 times a day that's about six and half hours of productive study! Even if you were to just do it 5 times, it's better to achieve small doable goals, than aim for something harder and that produces fewer results.

Get a big pad of paper out and start writing down separate lists for all the following: your positive qualities, your achievements, a list of the benefits of doing your work, a list of all the good things in your life, a list of the things you are grateful for, that truly support everything you do in your life, list all the things you want to achieve in your life, list your advantages in life, list the benefits of doing all of that, and list why you can be a success. Also make a list of all the little rewards that you can give yourself for meeting small achievable goals, because progress is what breads happiness and success. Not negative self speak. Make a list of your goals too; short, medium and long-term goals, and enjoy the process. Then regularly read those separate lists first thing in the morning and the last thing at night just before you sleep, so you can marinate your subconscious in positive facts about yourself, and not the harmful limiting beliefs you seem to be struggling with.

Kishi and LovelyLife like this.