1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Increased sexual activity reduces male immune function scientific study

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by goodnice 2.0, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Increased sexual activity reduces male immune function in Drosophila melanogaster | PNAS

note: this experiment was conducted on flies not humans

"Males exposed to more females showed a reduced ability to clear a bacterial infection, an effect that we experimentally link to changes in sexual activity. Our results suggest immunosuppression is an important cost of reproduction" (this means that the cost/negative consequence of reproduction is a suppressed/weakened immune system)

@alexandrebois This is the reason you get sick after pmo

Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
  2. swordmaster

swordmaster Fapstronaut

Human beings are proving to be more dumb to me than ever if they think that spending the energy from themselves to CREATE A NEW LIFE comes without a price. It doesn't surprise me.

3. alexandrebois

alexandrebois Fapstronaut

Yeah i see

that’s the main reason i Stopped PMO

4. alexandrebois

Pmo was the best thing in my Life that has ever happenned

but then i constantly started noticing that i was getting Sick almost every 3-4 days

So i catch a cold 3 times a month

to the point i started feeling sick 24/24h

I think if i didn’t had this problem i wouldn’t be in Nofap today

5. Slimjimjones

Slimjimjones Fapstronaut

I don't pmo, the only reason I'm getting sick recently is because of covid and loss of immunity to infections because everyone wears a mask. Before covid I hadn't been sick in years.

Cheers!

FezMan76 likes this.
  6. alexandrebois

well for me after i stopped PMO i stopped getting sick

I didn’t get sick at all after i stopped not even for a day

so weird

Slimjimjones likes this.
  7. J053H32n4nd32

J053H32n4nd32 Fapstronaut

Wow, this
    scientific study.

8. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

Well, flies. Not humans do.
    Only because this thread is in the semen retention forum I say this:

I always improve my inmune system after having sex, even hours and days non stop of having sex. But I do non ejaculatory sex.

Regular sex with too many ejaculation can make some people feel sick. Also it is not the same ejaculation from sex that from masturbation. At least while having sex you share energy and absorb hormones, nutrients from the other person and many of your own hormones, inmune cells in you increase as well because of sex. Not only you get stds from sex but also good things.

9. tru thanks for sharing, in sex you are exchanging energy. masturbation affects the body in a much more deleterious way

10. In other insect worlds after workers impregnate the queen, they die. All that energy spent to give your life for one ejaculation.