1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Question

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Apr 4, 2021.

1. swordmaster

swordmaster Fapstronaut

Religion never helps in finding one's own spiritual path. Religion is a set of beliefs and teachings. It is impossible for a human being to agree to the lot of those, but people who are religious force themselves to agree to all of them or just ignore the part of their religion that they don't agree with just to be a part of some group.
    Finding one own's spiritual path means finding your inner soul. Your inner metaphysical knowledge. If a person forces themselves to agree to a whole religious load or to ignore just to belong, that person lacks the primordial self-knowledge and acceptance to start in that path.
    The majority of people are ignorant. The majority of people follow religions, political movements, every day, and share with people in a social context.
    The majority of people are ignorant.

2. aricking and CarP like this.
  3. swordmaster

swordmaster Fapstronaut

Welcome to the bible, bro.
    I had an atheist friend which was an expert on the bible. Seriously, that guy, for an atheist, surely loved his bible. He knew a lot of very insightful passages there, but also ones like this, very tyrannic and dark. You can still learn something from it, though.

4. swordmaster

swordmaster Fapstronaut

Like with any book, a human being wrote it, and human beings occasionally have interesting thoughts

CarP likes this.
  5. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

6. I guess I can learn that God loves all people... Except some people. Or I'm wrong, idk.

7. swordmaster

swordmaster Fapstronaut

God is a human creation, dude. Therefore, what a human can be, a god can be.
    It's like superman. A human creation with powers, which people can choose to believe in or don't.

Hachiraya likes this.
  8. Candun

Candun Fapstronaut

I actually looked up the story out of curiosity and the message is not what is portrayed in that snippet.

The woman Tamar turns to prostitution because of Judah, and he is the one who gets her pregnant when he dosent know its her. She ends up not being burnt and Judah declares that she was "more righteous" than him. So Judah ends up being the fool here.

9. Today's Busta of the Day is: Judah from the Bible

aricking and Hachiraya like this.
  10. AtomicTango

AtomicTango Fapstronaut

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of some phoney God, but because I am enlightened by my own intelligence.

[​IMG]

Hachiraya, aricking and CarP like this.
  11. aricking

aricking Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Recently finished the book, ethics - Baruch spinoza, spinoza gave a logical,believable, free from prejudices pantheism view. I find his views a lot better than traditional organized religion

12. I've thought about it a little bit. There's no need for me to know more on this. The less I know the better. Universe is infinity. It's scary. Not because it never ends, but because it has never started. It's always been there so I guess I'm the dumb one for thinking too much about this silly religious stuff.

swordmaster and aricking like this.
  13. I still sometimes believe that animals are smarter than humans in some way. They have less bullshit going on in their kingdoms.

aricking and CarP like this.