1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How do I accept myself for having Asperger's

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by StayClean&Proactive, Feb 23, 2021.

1. StayClean&Proactive

StayClean&Proactive Fapstronaut

I keep having flashbacks of people insulting me for having Aspergers. Times I've been called slow or retarded due to certain behaviors associated with being on the spectrum. Being painted with the same paint brush with people who are much farther along on the spectrum than I am. On the flip side, I am thankful that although I'm on the spectrum, I can still do many things that other people I know who have ASD can't do. I have friends who have ASD and they can't drive or live on their on, I'm high functioning enough to be capable of both. I was also in gen ed classes, since I was too high functioning to be in Autistic support despite having an IEP. I am ashamed of it because I'm not into sports like most other guys are. I may be wrong but I believe having Asperger's caused a chemical imbalance in my brain that caused me to not be interested in sports, since many people on the ASD aren't into sports. I just hate how society paints the picture of everybody having ASD being socially awkward spazzes. Ironically, my social skills have reached a point where most people can't even tell I have AS. But when I was younger it was easier to tell. I still believe my life would be easier if I were normal functioning, since I wouldn't have to deal with difficulty socializing or compulsive anxiety. How do I man up and accept this reality?

2. Thecosmonaut

Thecosmonaut Fapstronaut

There's a lot of people out there with AS and many others with all kinds of conditions. I've worked with a handful of people who had varying forms of autism or AS and we always treated them as we would with those who didn't have it. No different at all. The issue with your situation is that you had experiences with bad people.

As the world progresses, more and more people are picking up and learning the types of conditions people have, and they'll be more tolerant. So, to answer your question, theres nothing wrong with you nor do you have to "man up". You just have to accept that not everyone is forgiving and understands your situation. Im sure youre a nice person that just wants to have a good life and socialize. You just have to stay positive and I know for sure you'll meet some good people out there.

And about the sports thing, I dont even have AS and I dont even like most sports. Its not a mandatory rule to like sports as a human. My significant other doesn't even like it either. Just find joy in the things you like and don't worry about what others think about the interests you have.

3. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

Crazy thought, you just do, everyone have their own issues, strong, and weak points, everyone is different.
    Work in your weak point, as we all do, and as you have been doing, to balance them, and let the strong points do the shining, don't be ashamed of who you are.

Who cares if you are or are not into sports, maybe you are into some more insightful stuff the sporty guys cannot even grasp, or maybe not. In any case, each one have their own preferences, nothing wrong with it.

Appreciate your gifts, and balance your weaknesses, that's what everybody does.

Is not about manning up mate, is about accepting yourself.

4. DeeJ4y

DeeJ4y Fapstronaut

You are perfect just the way you are. God bless you.

5. Ricardo26

Ricardo26 Fapstronaut

How does disability has something to do with PMO

6. I don't know how is your record of streaking and rebooting,
    but I'd like to see you do a full hard mode reboot.

I think it has profound healing on mental health issues.

I say that as someone who has been through the wringer,
    with diagnoses, inpatient, outpatient, iop stays, psychologists, psychiatrists,
    and every med ever made.

None of it had an impact, because I was using pmo during those years,
    and dopamine kills any kind of positive change the brain might need.

I feel strongly about this because when I quit pmo for the first time,
    the withdrawals were total suffering
    but when they ended, I was different.

I was clear, I was confident, I was smarter, and all those issues of
    anxiety, depression, bipolar i, schizoid and all that
    just were basically gone.

You need to do it full throttle, hard mode, for the 90 days or longer.

It could be the miracle cure for aspergers.

7. Ricardo26

Ricardo26 Fapstronaut

There’s no cure for autism

8. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

That we know for certain yet.

Ricardo26 likes this.
  9. I'm not convinced. I'd like to see an autistic person do a full 90 day hard mode reboot,
    and also a dopamine fast at the same time.
    Then we can talk.

goodnice 2.0 likes this.
  10. Ricardo26

Ricardo26 Fapstronaut

How does Autism has something to do with nofap there’s kids already born with autism I had autism since I was kid I wasn’t social I was bullied was called names like restarted

11. swordmaster

swordmaster Fapstronaut

I have high functioning autism. It was very hard, but I learned to be myself. I deal also with depression, which currently seems to be on remission.
    Feel embraced.

12. Ricardo26

Ricardo26 Fapstronaut

Autism isn’t due to PMO or nofap baby’s are already born with autism

13. Ricardo26

Ricardo26 Fapstronaut

You don’t even know what’s autism

14. I am not saying that autism is caused by PMO. What I am saying is that the dopamine break
    could actually cure it.

Either it does or it doesn't. But either way, you still have to do the reboot if you want to get better.

15. swordmaster

swordmaster Fapstronaut

Dude, just to make it clear for you, don't let some dumb ignorant people demotivate you for having autism. PMO and autism have nothing to do with each other. Autism is not a disease, it's something you're born with. You will learn to cope, either alone or with help from your family or doctor. Be well friend.

Ricardo26 likes this.
  16. Ricardo26

Ricardo26 Fapstronaut

Thank you baby’s are born with autism it’s not caused by PMO or nofap don’t tell me baby’s masturbate lol

17. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

Autism is a whole different issue, and you are right on this one, but depression as it is a disease and as it developes and is not a congenital issue, it can be restored and cured, I know that, but whatever mate.

18. Ricardo26

Ricardo26 Fapstronaut

A lot of people are confused with Autism and anxiety people with autism has anxiety like I do masturbation made my anxiety worse my longest streak with nofap was 176 days i still have palpitations

19. Yeah, I don't know why that dude got so irate.

All I said was that the dopamine rest from a hard mode reboot
    *might* be able to help with aspergers/autism or another
    mental illness.

Because it had a strong effect on me.

I never said that babies get autism from PMO,
    I never even hinted at anything about that.

There is a massive difference between an adult trying
    to improve through a dopamine reduction in the brain
    for an extended time,
    and what might or might not be brought on in the developmental years.

The other thing I said was that they need to do the reboot anyway.

And he went off the rails.

Oh well. He can always come back in the future.

goodnice 2.0 likes this.
  20. Did I say that? Reread my posts. You still do not understand.