1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Building a PC

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Karlus Rex, Mar 24, 2021.

1. Its not 'chill guys'. Look at what I originally said, my first comment. I was never telling him he cant build the pc or not to, I was pointing out spending more time online isnt a healthy habit. In fact building a pc once to use is not a habit at all. I was saying if he wants healthy habits those are offline. Examples are workout, read or go for a walk. You get my point yet you still act like a smartass saying time offline doesnt automatically= healthy. People like you are pieces of sh*t. Ive got OP on ignore and youre next so dont even respond.

2. Karlus Rex

Karlus Rex Fapstronaut

No need to be rude.

SilentJay313 likes this.
  3. Karlus Rex

Karlus Rex Fapstronaut

Motherboards have looked a bit brutal of late but gpus have been bloody ridiculous. I don’t see it coming down anytime soon though, not since so many people are getting into the whole virtual currency thing. My job necessitates two monitors so part of the budget will be taking that into account. Especially since I’ll want decent monitors. I think they’ll be standing monitors, nothing mounted or anything. Though I’m trying to set all this up to work with the standing desk that I have.

4. SilentJay313

SilentJay313 Fapstronaut

Yeah motherboards are a bit crazily priced depending on which one you get at the moment. Does monitor size and resolution matter that much? I know some people can be a bit picky and want a 1440p or a 4k monitor not knowing how expensive they can be. Would you be okay with a 1080p monitor, or would you want something that is a higher resolution?

5. Karlus Rex

Karlus Rex Fapstronaut

For the gaming aspect, not so much. I do a lot of video calls as well and I like to have a cleaner picture for that. I understand that half of the equation will be the network connectivity of who I’m calling, but I would prefer if my clients weren’t blurs on the screen as well. I think part of it is just the novelty though since I’ve never gotten a nicer screen before. I probably could settle for something more midrange.

6. SilentJay313

SilentJay313 Fapstronaut

Alright, here's what i came up with:

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/TBnfgt

I went with a AMD build with a Ryzen 7 3700x and a Nvidia RTX 3070. I think this should be a good build since the 3700x comes with it's own cooler and the RTX 3070 listed is close to MSRP price($499 for the founder's edition, so $549 or $649 for the 3rd party vendor card.). Another possible GPU to consider would be the 6800xt, the RTX 2070 super, RTX 2080 or the 2080 super but it would vary on the availability in your area. The monitors are similar to the ones i have, but smaller. They're 1080p resolution and a pretty high refresh rate and a fast response time with G-Sync compatibility. Not sure if the RGB would bother you or not.I think they should look good in my opinion. If anyone else would like to chip in on possible parts suggestions it would be interesting to see.

Karlus Rex likes this.