1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

BEAT YOUR LONGEST STREAK

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by Jefe Rojo, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Trippalovski

Trippalovski Fapstronaut

Thanks a lot man!!

9/7

I didn't have that uncontrollable urge but it was the hardest day yet just due to really wanting to get that good feeling that pmo gives you (for that short while).
    The other days I've barely thought about it but today I missed it & was longing for it as sad as that sounds. I had no real problem controlling myself. I just felt like something was missing but at the same time I know I have to go through this. I know relapsing will just make me feel worse but damn I was not enjoying this feeling today...

LongWayToGo and Jefe Rojo like this.
  2. Regretfully I’m back to day 0 :(. Stupid triggers led to stupid thoughts and stupid actions and here we are living out the consequences . I relapsed hard. I was debating coming back here to report the relapse. Everyone here seems to be doing so well. I definitely don’t want to send any negative vibes. But I also need to hold myself accountable. Honestly, I feel totally hopeless right now. I know my outlook will improve with time. I’m just so damn depressed right now.

Don’t follow my foolish example. With longer streaks you begin to forget what it feels like to be at day zero. It sucks. It’s hopeless and degrading. Absolutely miserable.

So keep going! Stay on cloud nine! You’re all doing great! Here I go again. I’m not going anywhere and I’m going to try to follow in the footsteps of your success.

0/47

3. MS PBH

MS PBH Fapstronaut

Day55/30
    Next Goal 100

4. nfwarrior23

nfwarrior23 Fapstronaut

5. Hang in there man. These earliest days of a streak can be the most difficult so be kind to yourself and celebrate every victory. It's good to stay strong and to keep your goals at the forefront of your attention. I know you'll feel better and more confident soon.

6. Day 14/53
    Had a wet dream last night which annoyed me. As it's the first time in this 14 days I had thought maybe I'd solved them by wearing boxers. Perhaps it decreased the frequency but alas if the body must release I guess it must? Quite triggered today but I will not relapse.

7. PrioritySystem

PrioritySystem Fapstronaut

8. Randy Andy

Randy Andy Fapstronaut

Thanks for asking I may be misspeaking. I usually don't think in terms of streaks so if I just tell you what's what can you please help me translate it into nofapese? I haven't used any form of pm+ since 3/12/2013 but I did on 3/11/13, at which time I had not used pm+ for a little over a year. How does that fit in this format, was that year a steak?
    For today I'll stick to just my goal: day 2952, goal 2953.

9. Dude I'm sorry for your setback, but glad you can talk about it honestly. This shows your courage and determination. We all get what it's like - no judgements here. A couple tips, if I may.

First, give yourself a time limit to feel bad about what happened (an hour, a day, whatever), then push right past it and put your energy into positive actions towards your next streak. Remember it is ok to make mistakes, we're all human - and also, the past does not equal the future.

Second, maybe you could use a better strategy to deal with the triggers/urges when they come - which they will. What I found helps is something I learned from dealing with anxiety issues - cultivating an approach of "acceptance" and "letting time pass". You don't try to fight/ignore the feelings. Instead, you notice them, accept that they'll be around for awhile, and let them pass on their own time like clouds drifting over the horizon. Meanwhile you gently move your focus to some other positive activity (say exercise, doing a crossword puzzle, cleaning your house, whatever.) Maybe it sounds a little new agey but I find it really helps.

Take care man, we're all 100% behind you. You can do it. For now, just work on today and build from there.

10. PrioritySystem

PrioritySystem Fapstronaut

Regardless of how you call it or what words you use for it, the situation is that you barely do any fapping and using P or other artificial material to do so. So a lot of bad stuff you have avoided, very good.

My question to you is: are you still getting tempted to view P (or any kind of artificial sexual stimulation from a screen)? Do you still have to put in conscious effort to avoid masturbating?

11. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

345/730 days no PMO, semen retention

12. Thanks. I will do my best to put this behind me and move forward again. Looking backward is just going to hold me back. Thanks RMD.

13. Thanks Chiyu. I will take your advice. It’s funny you mention working on dealing with triggers - I had that same thought recently that I need to do a better job at cutting them off at the beginning. I need to realize that they are going to happen, but also recognize that they are temporary. Distracting myself with other activities is key. I need a plan and a backup plan. Thanks again for your encouragement and for offering a solution.

14. Yeah, looks like you just had a typo then since you wrote 3/11/2021. Congrats on eight years clean, that's immensely impressive!

15. Trippalovski

Trippalovski Fapstronaut

16. 15/53 :) Looking for a job so I must stay clean to stay bold! Keep walking friends.

17. MS PBH

MS PBH Fapstronaut

18. nfwarrior23

nfwarrior23 Fapstronaut