1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

(CLOSED) Harry Potter and the Secrets of Nofap

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by im’possible, Dec 3, 2020.

Mischief?

Poll closed May 11, 2021.
  1. managed

25 vote(s)
    80.6%
  2. complete

3 vote(s)
    9.7%
  3. ignored

3 vote(s)
    9.7%
  1. ItsSeal

ItsSeal Fapstronaut

Good luck with your exams. You should be fine! I also had some withdrawal effects but doing 10.000 steps a day keeps my mind of it. Have a good day.

Cole96 likes this.
  2. im’possible

im’possible Fapstronaut

[​IMG]

This week's result........

:emoji_wolf:Hufflepuff 45 points! 3rd

:emoji_eagle:Ravenclaw 57 points! 1st

:emoji_lion_face:Gryffindor 49 points! 2nd

:emoji_snake:Slytherin 45 points! 3rd

Spring break is near. The top house students are permitted to stay home for 2 weeks. Ravenclaw will be on hold from the calculation during this time.

Additional to the course works. House points will be awarded by the post likes from others, including from muggles.

Happy break folks!

[​IMG]

Cole96 likes this.
  3. Thanks for the update, Headmaster!

Happy holidays for everyone :)

4. Today I reached day 30. I finally found the Room of Requirement, but it wouldn't open for some reason. I think it needs a special spell. Maybe something from the courses.

If anyone finds how, please share it! Otherwise we might lose it again :( hahaah

im’possible likes this.
  5. im’possible

im’possible Fapstronaut

[​IMG]

:emoji_wolf:Hufflepuff 48 points! 3rd

:emoji_eagle:Ravenclaw 57 points! 1st

:emoji_lion_face:Gryffindor 55 points! 2nd

:emoji_snake:Slytherin 47 points! 4th

The lion house was determined to get the 1st place while the eagles were out from the nests temporarily. Slytherin is having a tough time. A chocolate frog to whoever is still in the game.

[​IMG]

Cole96 likes this.
  6. im’possible

im’possible Fapstronaut

[​IMG]

Topic: Nutrition

Content: The following represents my opinion about the class.

What the lesson was about?

This class is designed for all things addictive people from eating perspectives. The poor diet would exacerbate the addiction. The whole body is like a cauldron. You add potion ingredients everyday. Serious addicts spend most times on their addictions. They would miss breakfast, lunch and dinner. They're "satisfied" already. It's like living in a room of requirement for the rest of the life. As it can provide food for eyes except food for the flesh. Some would use them as a way of coping stress. Dr. Skinner says in the History class also. This from the Professor of Pmotion says, could cause the leaky gut syndrome. A disease that cumulated from hormone imbalance. Pmo is one of the leads.

What you've learned from it?

Excessive ejaculations can do more harm than feeling good. The ingredients could be used to function a quality life. Regardless of a person in relapse or not, the fuel counts. The better the food the better the day.

Out of topic: There's love potion in the market, which could boosts sexual energy and sustainability. But those who used that have no clue of what love is and for worse, destroying their appearances. The dark magic is strong there. Perhaps more would be covered in the Defense Against the Dark Arse class, about dealing with the boggart that triggers.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2021
    Cole96 likes this.
  7. im’possible

im’possible Fapstronaut

[​IMG]

:emoji_wolf:Hufflepuff 51 points! 4th

:emoji_eagle:Ravenclaw 57 points! 2nd

:emoji_lion_face:Gryffindor 61 points! 1st

:emoji_snake:Slytherin 52 points! 3rd

[​IMG]

Ravenclaws will be back tomorrow. The train awaits. If 9 3/4 didn't work, sent an owl to the school and don't smash the wall.

Cole96 likes this.
  8. im’possible

im’possible Fapstronaut

[​IMG]

A question regarding a recent experience of reacting like a cow or a buffalo when facing the storms.

I don't have an exact experience to refer at this moment. But in most times I acted like a cow. I don't take risks that often unless I know the results. In the time of facing the temptations, I don't take any specific thoughts of denying them or pushing them back. From the past, that's not helping. Instead, as the Professor once said in the History class, was to build more capitals. Happiness capitals. There's nothing wrong for people want to be happy, just it shouldn't be from this pmo things alone. When I say this, some will have twisted thoughts. Unless you take the class, you won't get it.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
    Cole96 likes this.
  9. Thank you for sharing your learnings!
    I see the lions have taken over, that's new hahah
    I hope to see you guys in class again soon :) I miss everyone.

I had a relapse a week ago, but I've worked really hard to recover myself and now I'm not only stable, but also thriving.
    We can get over our problems, one day at a time :D

I wish everyone a happy start of a new week.

im’possible likes this.
  10. im’possible

im’possible Fapstronaut

Cole96 likes this.
  11. im’possible

im’possible Fapstronaut

[​IMG]

What Is Betrayal Trauma?

This class is from the spouse's perspective. When they discovered their husband secrets, most of them will turn to Fight, Flight, and Fear mode. Man will not think too much on viewing those things, but the partner will. And starting to feel bad about themselves such as asking whether was the partner's problem, of not being attractive enough etc. The Professor uses the term PTSD to describe what's going on there. But more or less this is related to the spouse as well, such as seeing explicit stuffs on the street and starting to compare. Woman would feel especially bad, even those are pixels, still is a betrayal. The relationship starts to collapse.

#2 Assignment: Is there anything from your past that affects the trauma you face with your relationship today? Write the story of your trauma below:

I've seen sex act on my teen age. I had broke ups. I twist and replay the memories or making up stories which are untrue. I'm living in a self created safe heaven. No friends only enemies. I found having a trauma or not is not important. I think everyone has some hurtful experience. My situation just making that worse. I have a huge disconnection with the community and the world. And I can't improve.

Internalization, isolation, and avoidance. These aren't only from the addicts, but their spouses. Thinking if thy aren't attractive enough, not good enough, and making boundaries from others.

If you can go back, what is one thing you wish to teach yourself after being traumatized?

In sex act, I was in shock mode and I wished to die and cried. I rather not to discuss with me, because I wasn't in a lesson mode. Everything was done legally so my opinion doesn't mattered. There's no things learned to teach me at that moment. Suicide was not an option. The fact is I don't have the courage to do that, and someone will be sad if I did.

Agree with the fact that most would be saved by the social recovery concept. Just not works for me. I'm considered as an enemy from my neighbors. As long as I act like others, no one cares.

The Professor shows a breathing exercise with us. And he strongly recommends flyoga class. It seems all wizards must know how to ride a bloom or there's no chance of a long term recovery. Especially when no one to talk to.

[​IMG]

This class is not from the original curriculum, because it may triggering for male folks. But may be I was overthinking. Perhaps a controlled exposure is necessary for the recovery process, not everyone can ride a bloom anyway.

I tried 25 minutes and it's good. It's a long process. It's designed for spouse who had betrayal. But I think it works for man too. Man needs to know how the other side works just to have a second opinion. Man needs to know that pmo is the biggest betrayal that must be under control.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2021
    Cole96 likes this.
  12. Hey!

This was a really insightful post. Thank you for sharing your notes. :)

I actually realized last week that I was exposed to trauma as a child, and that had affected my way of perceiving myself and my recovery; after some time, I'm slowly allowing myself to recover and appreciating myself for who I am.

Like you said, everyone goes through some form of trauma or hurtful experience. I think what matters now is not what we went through, but if we want to get over it, and how to do so.

For me, I started with a lot of journaling, crying and talking to my partner. She is really supportive of my process. If she wasn't around, I feel I would have avoided people for longer time.

So whether our partners or just accountability partners, I believe it is important to have someone to slowly open up with, when the time is right. Nothing forced would help long term.

I'm thankful for posts like these, though, because they remind me of the potential and beauty in all of us. So thank you once again! :D

PS: I started uni last week, that's why I've been absent lately. I will make time for the Forum again and share my notes as well. I have a lot of cool stuff to share hahah

im’possible likes this.
  13. im’possible

im’possible Fapstronaut

[​IMG]

:emoji_wolf:Hufflepuff 58 points! 4th

:emoji_eagle:Ravenclaw 68 points! 2nd

:emoji_lion_face:Gryffindor 73 points! 1st

:emoji_snake:Slytherin 61 points! 3rd

Gryffindor takes the lead but a student went missing. Slytherin is struggling. Guessing those souls were taken, temporarily.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 24, 2021
  14. im’possible

im’possible Fapstronaut

[​IMG]
    Imperfect and impermanence. The Professor brings few items on the table; pot, barks and shell. It's a surprise to see Ginny in this class. She answers a question from her with a point. A story changes how we perceive an object. That pot was from her daughter, even though it looks unique. It's different to comment that object before you know the story. There're plenty of stories from actors and actresses behind the scenes and you can find them on fighting the new drugs, for instance. Imagine your relative is on the scene, would you view that as the same before?

[​IMG]

Emotional literacy is the ability to notice, name, and understand feelings that you are experiencing.

1. How do you think emotional literacy can benefit you?

It gives me the awareness of my emotions. If anyone says over 90 days you're all free up from the urge feelings, I can tell you that's not the case. In fact, it's only get stronger. This is a struggle with no perfect cure. But that's fine, day goes on.

2. Identify at least 3 of your emotional strengths

I have a picture of family on my devices. Which significantly reduced the evil thoughts from the start. I wouldn't say they are perfect, but kind of prefects who're keeping me accountable.

3. Identify at least 3 ways you could improve your emotional literacy

The way works is to have a community to involved. That doesn't have to be here alone. Reduce the time with a self. And keep learning from the Professors. My emotional stuffs is different and quit honest I didn't feel nothing from the lecture. Perhaps females see those things differently and it's good to know.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
  15. im’possible

im’possible Fapstronaut

16. Aristophanes01

Aristophanes01 Fapstronaut

17. Aristophanes01

And also here is my result
    What’s Your Hogwarts House Percentage?
    You Are 31% Gryffindor, 26% Ravenclaw, 23% Slytherin, and 20% Hufflepuff!
    Just like Hermione Granger, you were ultimately placed in Gryffindor, but the Sorting Hat seriously considered putting you in Ravenclaw. You are a natural born leader, often taking control of the reins from others whose recklessness or dedication to facts and knowledge clouds their judgment. You are intelligent, but acknowledge that there are more important things in life, and therefore aim to use your intelligence and determination to fight for what you believe to be right.

Your slight compatibility with Slytherin house suggests a determination to succeed, though not at the expense of traits from your more dominant houses.

18. Aristophanes01

@Cole96 Yeah I believe the same but the concept was pretty good

Cole96 likes this.