1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Tattoos

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Changeforthebest, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Changeforthebest

Changeforthebest Fapstronaut

What do you think of tattoos? Like I’d love to have one but I really want to know the harms and if I’ll have any regrets later in the future

2. smh_fam

smh_fam Fapstronaut

I can only give you my personal opinion (as can anyone else), I don't really think it's a good idea.

You're essentially branding yourself with a certain idea, a certain memory, a certain design which may not represent who you are in the future. It might just end up as a painful reminder of the garbage in your past (which you might not yet recognize as garbage). It's better to stay light on your feet and be able to let things go.

The Passenger, Agent and D. Avide like this.
  3. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

I have two small ones, now I don't like tattoos you should shine and represent yourself without tattoos, you look better. I see people with many tattoos as if they have no personality. It can be difficult to get a job too.

4. The harms are what the ink does once it goes through your skin. Research how toxic tattoo ink is. You can get less toxic inks but maybe the artist wont be willing to use the inks you provide.

D. Avide likes this.
  5. Tbh I would like to have one in my chest and back

6. Changeforthebest

I want one too. Like I want to have that great art. But I really don’t think it’s a good idea

7. I've got 3 wolves, lots of time considering what I want so I don't consider it wasteful. It's all up to you ultimately on what you want but you may be more reassured if you research things that will always mean something to you.

8. Mahalac

Mahalac Fapstronaut

I have 2 tattoos ( small ones), when I did first one 3 years ago I had similar dilema ( will I regret in the future and stuff like that). And I can say that I'm still in love with it bro. Both of them are part of my body and I'm planning to do one more when I achieve something that is important for me. I always admired tattoos and I consider them to be a special kind of art. I tsee my skin as it is a a painting canvas.

9. PanteriMauzer

PanteriMauzer Fapstronaut

Tattoos are cool, specially a Saint Michael Archangel tattoo slaying a demon

10. Changeforthebest

I’m still thinking about it. I’d really love one. Like something that could relate with my no pmo 100 days streak. Something to remind me always how hard I fought to become a better version of myself

11. A nofap tattoo? Nah thats definitely a bad idea. Why are you so desperate to get one? Just chill and enjoy not making a shitty decision

12. it's not for everyone, a tattoo can make or break a look
    also you should think about it for a while to see if it's right for you

13. UncleBarnacle

UncleBarnacle Fapstronaut

Tattoos are pretty 2005, if you ask me. (Actually 2000.) Go to a mall and see how many Moms in sweatpants and sneakers have a tramp-stamp so they can hold onto some semblance of "edge." If I see someone with major ink, whatever their intent was, I automatically think "Less intelligent."

14. Changeforthebest

No man. Not the NoFap rocket looking tattoo. I’m talking about like an Angel slaying a demon. The demon should be my old self and old habit.

PanteriMauzer likes this.
  15. If you are going to get a tattoo to symbolize you overcoming challenges make sure you overcome a few more bad habits. I don't think just a 25 day nofap streak deserves its own tattoo you might relapse and you probably have other habits like video games or mindless media that you should conquer everything and then after a year clean of everything you can consider it again. That's my opinion but I think you are just looking for an excuse to get a tattoo so you will probably get it anyway. You could always get a poster or a t shirt with the same image as a reminder.

Twizza likes this.
  16. Changeforthebest

You really don’t want me to get this tattoo

Thank you. I think I understand your message

Lust likes this.
  17. PanteriMauzer

PanteriMauzer Fapstronaut

That sounds badass! I would approve

Twizza and Slimjimjones like this.
  18. I have 14 (I think, maybe more) tattoos, and only two of them were professionally done. The rest, I've done myself. I'm BPD though and don't recommend it. I'm not proud of all of them. But they are important markers of some periods of my life. The biggest one, that I've done myself, is the sentence Jesus said to Mary Magdalena upon His resurrection: NOLI ME TANGERE. It means don't touch me, and it's a constant reminder to myself of purity, and by extension, NoFap. My two professional tattoos are a Camargue cross on the neck, at the exact same place than Bianca Casady who was extremely important to me in my life at a crucial moment, and "ultraviolence" on the collarbone, to reference my absolute all time favourite record, by my all time favourite artist Lana Del Rey. It's also a reminder to live life to the fullest.

19. ByTheRiver777

ByTheRiver777 Fapstronaut

Don't get one with a girl's name. That's a one-way ticket to alcoholism

Stay away from politically motivated tats. No one wants to be around someone with a friendship wheel on his arm ; ).

Get something cool that means something too you. I want to get pickaxe in the center of my chess to represent my south African heritage

Twizza and CarP like this.
  20. Agent

Agent Fapstronaut

I had a wish to have them before but lost the interest totally after i got older,i simply love the human body with no decoration