1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How to win over loneliness

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Maltheal, Apr 24, 2021.

1. Maltheal

Maltheal Fapstronaut

I really don't know what's wrong I'm surrounded with my friends all around but I think deep down I want to be with someone. I'm craving intimacy or a strong connection or a deep relationship. I don't know what to do or how to do it. It's so annoying I don't want to be lonely. I'm down for any suggestions. And thank you all for reading.

Garek likes this.
  2. brassknucks

brassknucks Fapstronaut

It’s perfectly fine to be alone. But if you listen to normie society, you’ll believe otherwise.

3. brassknucks

brassknucks Fapstronaut

You gotta be fine in your own skin and out by yourself.

Slimjimjones likes this.
  4. There isn’t anything wrong with this. Start learning how to relate this feeling to other people. Assuming you want this connection with a woman, start talking to the ones you find interesting.

5. Maltheal

Maltheal Fapstronaut

Well unfortunately the normie society is all around us whenever I surf Facebook or Instagram. And sometimes I'm fine with being alone but other times it's just unbearable you know

6. Maltheal

Maltheal Fapstronaut

The problem is that all the women aren't that interesting most of them are conservatives and I don't like that much

Garek likes this.
  7. That’s true most women aren’t that interesting. I don’t see why that’s a problem. It probably means you don’t meet enough of them, or that you just aren’t meeting them in the right places. This isn’t criticism, I think we are in the similar boats.

8. I used to have more friends around me in the past than I do right now and I believe I actually feel less lonely these days even though I'm not seeing any of my friends. I really think the problem could be that you feel disconnected from yourself or you are feeling like something is wrong with you and being alone is like the world confirming that something is wrong with you. That was my problem when I felt really lonely in the past.

You are already on the right track with nofap, 176 days is amazing. You should start to feel more connected with yourself as you become fully recovered. Since you have some friends around you right now the best place to start building a deeper connection is with the people you already established something with. You can find intimacy without experiencing any physical sex.

If you are looking for a partner, just make sure you own this feeling and be bold with the woman you want to date. There were too many instances where I was scared or I was behaving like a "friend" when I truly wanted more. Then I realized that it is better to own how you feel and go for a woman if you really want to date her.

9. Maltheal

Maltheal Fapstronaut

I meant that all the women I know around me aren't interesting enough for me. You know like my colleagues in college or the ones I meet on tinder there is always something wrong. Can't find a spark with anyone. Plus the ones who are Interested in me are a bit weird and I guess they're trying to show it with some weird strategies but it only creeps me out so I get less interested in them.

10. Maltheal

Maltheal Fapstronaut

Well in the past I've behaved that way with multiple women who I wanted to date back then and It costed me the whole friendship. Ohh and I'm on day 14 now I relapsed a couple of times since setting the counter. Also what's your advice or strategies for approaching a woman I like

11. matt2k12

matt2k12 Fapstronaut

You can be alone, but not lonely, or not be alone, and lonely, which is your case. If loneliness hence is not proportional to the amount of people in our surrounding, where does it come from? The answer is, there is something within you, thats lacking, or that you're missing, or craving, or desiring, and you gotta find out what it is. You have to let go of other peoples approval as a source for your spiritual nutrition but instead find something higher than that..

12. Best strategy for reducing rejection: Figure out if the woman you like is really interested in you before you start pursuing her. Sometimes it will be really obvious, other times you have to look at her body language and facial expression.

RebootRewire likes this.
  13. Slimjimjones

Slimjimjones Fapstronaut

Are you interesting yourself? I mean the answer is likely biased but despite that do others see you as interesting?

Also, get a battle brother, someone you'd go to war with. As for a woman, you won't find any interesting women on tinder or through work unless you're lucky. You have to know where to look.

14. Maltheal

Maltheal Fapstronaut

Well I'm kinda interesting I do alot of stuff. For example I'm a great chef, I an amazing masseur, I read alot and I'm a medical student. Sooo I think that I'm kinda interesting

15. Slimjimjones

Slimjimjones Fapstronaut

Everyone 'does a lot of stuff', and of course you'd think that you yourself is interesting, any healthy ego would think so. But do you come off as interesting in body language and conversation? It could be that you are even, but alas looking at Tinder for Women, the pinnacle of a flooded market in terms of male attention, will not get you any quality woman.

Cheers!

16. Maltheal

Maltheal Fapstronaut

Well yeah exactly tinder gets me trash women all they think about is sex. They don't even care who you are or what you look like they just want your body. It's so demeaning.

Slimjimjones likes this.