1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

People want to like you

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by Grateful Retainer, Apr 24, 2021.

1. Discussion of the mythical "superpowers" one gains during the path of retention tends to be a divisive topic. On one hand there are those who embellish the benefits of this journey. On the other hand there are those who are cynical of others' success, likely due to their own failures in attempting to achieve their goals.

I've been doing this for enough time now that I can say with certainty that people react to me differently. Certainly I'm not claiming anything ridiculous like girls are throwing their panties at my face or guys bow down at my feet. But overall the reaction I get from my random interactions with people are about a billion times more positive than when I was a coomer. I absolutely believe there is a spiritual component to this but that ultimately boils down to faith. I can not prove it, I only know it to be true in my heart.

Recently I got hired at a startup company and this past week was my first week on the job. For me this was an interesting litmus test because this is a small group of people who have never met me before, thus they have no knowledge of the guy I used to be. Without trying to sound like a braggart it is clear to me in this short time period that I've won everybody over. After everybody in the office met me it is as if I was preselected: we want to like you, don't mess this up.

The "superpowers" does not make one infallible. If I were to blow off my duties and shave hours off my time at the office I would get fired. However if I'm competent at my job they'll be thrilled with me. If I excel at my job I'll probably rise through the ranks quickly.

To me this is what the benefits are ultimately about. After practicing retention long enough people simply just want to like you.

MeTP, Giacomo Leopardi, out and 9 others like this.
  2. girls stare at me . they do . no matter what age. sometimes even veryyy little girls like 7 or 8 years old . babies like me . men and boys always say salam to me first (in muslims initiating a salam means respecting the person)
    even my family respects me more and plus every body laughs at everything i say .
    my sisters my cousins my friends all laugh at my simple jokes . these jokes are just natural to me now .
    and yes my sisters say that all their friends have crush on me .
    im on day 895 and i came to know about this thing when i was about 100 plus days into my streak . i thought it was crazy and didnt know it was possible until i googled it and to my amazement it was the main motivation for some people to start nofap

josedelamuerte, out, arpegius and 4 others like this.
  3. again

again Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Very good insight. Good luck with your new job and your new life.

ThisDayOnly likes this.
  4. JLD

JLD Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Congratulations!

I think that when you're on semen retention your aura gets better and people around you feel it. When you lose your semen your aura then weakens and people near you also feel it.

[​IMG]

Beekind and King John like this.
  5. My overall energy feels way brighter when on SR. So yes, I can agree. Some things you just can't explain or maybe you can - it's just not worth the explanation, it would lose it's magic.
    While on nofap I've felt some really weird things when it comes to getting looks from girls, attitude towards me etc.

6. This picture sums it up, thanks!

7. InnerMan

InnerMan Fapstronaut

@Grateful Retainer and @khan_lee, at what point in your SR journey would you say you noticed the biggest shift or peak of benefits? Also, at what point do you think the benefits plateau?

8. Rev2.0

Rev2.0 Fapstronaut

I'm 100 days today since my last ejaculation (not entirely by choice but that's a different topic) and I do have to say, other than really no change in the female attention/attraction thing, a lot of things seem to be going my way right now.

9. @InnerMan the year 2020 was my biggest year ever in terms of spiritual growth, physical development, financial prosperity, and overall well being. And yes all of this was happening while the world was on lockdown.

Just recently I began work at a startup and I'm making a considerable amount of money more than I was at my old job.

The funny thing is I still haven't gotten out of flatline yet. I truly believe the best is yet to be.

10. When you are not actively looking for any benifits at all ,even then the benifits would get your attention one way or another after 100 plus days , i mean i ignored the feelings for a few times and when they persisted i looked them up on google and that is how i came to know about all of the benifits.
    but if you are actively looking for benifits even after 60 plus days you would start noticing things strongly

InnerMan likes this.
  11. King John

King John Fapstronaut

In Hindhuism and Budhism they have something called Sidhi's which are super powers developed through spiritual practice. Some of them are pretty crazy like walking through walls etc but there's a lot that relate directly to what you have been mentioning:

• Ahiṃsā: a peaceful aura
    • Satya: persuasion
    • Asteya: wealth
    • Brahmacarya: virility
    • Aparigraha: insight;
    • Śauca: sensory control/cleanliness
    • Saṃtoṣa: happiness
    • Tapas: bodily and sensory perfection
    • Svādhyāya: communion with the Divine
    • Īśvarapraṇidhāna: Samādhi (an abiding in which mind becomes very still but does not merge with the object of attention, and is thus able to observe and gain insight into the changing flow of experience)

Once you practice semen retention it becomes obvious why monks practice celibacy throughout the world.

again likes this.
  12. out

out New Fapstronaut

fuck yeah bro! that’s truly awesome!!! it’s been the same for me and that feeling that you’re more desired by everyone is epic.

Khan_Jee likes this.