1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Budget for gaming pc/gaming laptop?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by J053H32n4nd32, Apr 21, 2021.

1. J053H32n4nd32

J053H32n4nd32 Fapstronaut

What should my budget be for a pc/laptop that I want to play at least 1080p 60fps in games like overwatch. That will be good to go for years to come.

2. vercent99

vercent99 Fapstronaut

That's way too overkill if he is happy enough with 60 fps

I'd say, get a GTX 1660 Ti and a Ryzen 5 3600 with 16 GB ram and you're good to go, that will probably give you like 100 fps depending on your settings, and even higher in other games like csgo, like 200+ fps

Abzu likes this.
  3. vercent99

vercent99 Fapstronaut

Probably due to the current high demand. Those cards should be between around 280$ but even in my area they are selling for like 400$

So you have 3 options:
    - Wait for restocks
    - Buy used GPUs
    - Get a high budget

4. Abzu

Abzu Fapstronaut

I think Intel is better for budget nowadays, don't forget AMD boards are bit expensive as well. i5 11400f is cheaper and faster than 3600. With a Decent B560 you can also OC it having an unlocked power limit to stock 11600k performance which is faster than even 5600x, Intel now even allow higher ram speeds on budget boards as well so it's a much better choice in all department.

vercent99 likes this.
  5. ANewFocus

ANewFocus Fapstronaut

The big thing you say is for years to come. That depends on what types of games you play. Existing non-aaa games like overwatch, sure $1k is good and for 1080p but no promises that will last you for years to come, unless you don’t mind 1080p on low settings.

6. R2DToy

R2DToy Fapstronaut

I put my PC together for around that $1000 late last year. If you put it together yourself you'll easily save at least 300 bucks. I'd wait if I were you though.. prices for videocards and even processors have gone skyhigh due to the pandemic (less production, higher demand) and cryptominers. I could sell my 6 months old 5600XT for double its original purchase price right now if wanted to on the second hand market.

As far as specs go it highly depends on what kind of games you intend to play in these years to come. As always, the videocard will be pulling the heaviest load, so you could invest in a good card, or upgrade over time. Prebuilds can often not be upgraded, and are a lot more expensive so keep that in mind.

The game Overwatch has very low system requirements it seems, even the recommended specs aren't much. Though, if you want to play the upcoming Battlefield 6 in 1080p smoothly, then you need to consider a good graphics card. An RX 5700XT or its comparable RTX 3060 counterpart seems like a safe bet to me. I think 8 CPU cores and at least 16GB of memory are necessary if you want to keep your PC 'future proof' for at least 4 years. And don't forget to get a good (Samsung) M2 SSD! Get a 1000GB one because games take up a lot of space these days.

But again, now's not a good time to buy a PC, unless you got Dollar bills flying out of your pockets while you walk.

vercent99 likes this.
  7. vercent99

vercent99 Fapstronaut

Yes I also have an intel build myself. My second answer would have been i5-10400f so were close to each other. I am not knowledged about overclocking, thank you for your insights!

8. Abzu

Abzu Fapstronaut

i am talking about 11th gen i5 and you mentioned 10th gen one, are you not aware it has released like couple of weeks ago? btw, i am really excited for alder lake, it's gonna blow amd out of the water if they maintain competitive price like this, they have given a tough fight to amd even with 14nm and 10nm is going to be as dense as TSMC's 7nm so it's likely gonna be a huge performance boost and AMD will be at their knees again (though not as bad as what happened to them with FX Series CPUs). AMD disappointedly been overpriced of late so they need to be taught a lesson, it's similar to what intel did before so you can clearly see they are no one's friend and just a usual business

Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
    Hadrian3 likes this.
  9. vercent99

vercent99 Fapstronaut

i know you said i5 11400f, i said my second answer would have been i5 10400f which is " S i m i l a r " to your suggestion. The reason for it, being cheaper yet still good.

Abzu likes this.