1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Dating thoughts

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by A_glass1900, Apr 27, 2021.

1. A_glass1900

A_glass1900 Fapstronaut

I’m 24 years old. I never dated or had a girlfriend in my life. I have always been fantasizing about having a girlfriend and sex. But now I'm having thoughts about dating just for fun and having sex, specifically through tinder dating. I feel like it’s easier to meet girls on tinder than at an outside world like at clubs and groups based on your interests/ hobbies and through a group of friends. And I don’t have a group of friends either.

At the same time, I’m also worried about interacting with girls because I have poor social skills, I’m shy, and I feel like I have a poor self-image. From not been dating or having a girlfriend in my life, I always had a fear of asking a girl out in person, I've been afraid of rejection. There’s a lot of stuff I need to work on myself.

FezMan76 and Garek like this.
  2. Address this first. Having the right friends is a lot more important than notching your bed post. It is also a means to that end.

FezMan76 likes this.
  3. A_glass1900

A_glass1900 Fapstronaut

The key thing is to focus on making the right friends especially with both each other have common interests?

FezMan76 likes this.
  4. Common interests are a good place to start. What matters most is that they have your best interest at heart. They lead you towards worthwhile things. Are trustworthy.

FezMan76 and A_glass1900 like this.
  5. p1n1983

p1n1983 Fapstronaut

This is the ideal mentality every time you think about dating and not for getting a girlfriend. The idea is to go out and have fun with woman, have sex and move on with your life. after dating some woman for some time you can fall for get and advance it to a relationship, you don't look for it, it just happens, but going after fun and sex is totally fine and a good mentality.

With apps like tinder is easier to get more girls if you are really good looking, like more good looking than 60% or 70% of man. If you don't you are going to struggle a lot to get a match and a lot more to get a date. Tinder is all about good looks, if you are not really good looking dating apps are not suited for you.

You really need to work on this first.

Skills are made from practice. Practice comes from social interactions.. like having friends. So you need to work on your social skills first, get friends, have fun with them and maybe the have female friends you can practice with or even go out with them.

If you don't like yourself, why a woman is going to like you? Work on yourself to be happy about your life, to be completely proud of what you become and that will give you confidence interacting with other people. That's when you are going to have a lot more chances to be attractive to woman.

We all do before interacting with woman, but at the end of the day a rejection is just a rejection. You forget about it and you go after your goals until the next woman appears. You have to go thru a lot of NO until you get to the YES, is a process nobody was born knowing what to do with woman.

Yes you do, but at the end of the day all that work is going to make you have a better life in any aspect. There are no better feeling that having figured out your life. your goals, ambitions, having a high selfsteam, group of friends and ocasional or constant interaction with woman.
    Only hard work will give you all of that so if you desire that then go for it.

6. A_glass1900

A_glass1900 Fapstronaut

Agree, I should get out there, and pursue some activities and hobbies that I’m into, and people are going to be interested in me.

And I’m also better off to start with making female friends and practice myself interacting with them, rather than looking for a relationship first without these social skills.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
    FezMan76 likes this.