1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Does fasting fuck up the hormones

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Usernameallowed, Apr 30, 2021.

1. Usernameallowed

Usernameallowed Fapstronaut

Hear alot about the benefits of fasting but depleting your body for prolonged periods doesn't sound too good.

I can just see hormones crashing and feeling like crap

2. PanteriMauzer

PanteriMauzer Fapstronaut

I never fasted and i feel good

Abzu likes this.
  3. jrm61

jrm61 Fapstronaut

I've fasted for up to a week, and in that time I only drank water. I wouldn't recommend it. Intermittent fasting such as 8 hours of eating and 16 hours of not eating for prolonged periods of time have shown to help with weight loss and hormonal regulation, but I haven't done too much research into it.

4. I've been fasting 16:8 minimum for almost a year. Literally the only thing it has done for me is making me feel immensely better for a bazillion reasons. Don't overthink it. The most I've done was 3 days.

SickSicko, brassknucks and jrm61 like this.
  5. brassknucks

brassknucks Fapstronaut

I’m no medical expert, but provided a person doesn’t have any health issues, I have found periodic fasting to be beneficial for me. It frees your body processes for other things rather than all go to digesting the food most people are constantly stuffing down their gullets. Americans especially just flat out eat too dam much.

6. Slimjimjones

Slimjimjones Fapstronaut

Intermittent fast-Absolute boon that has so many benefits and almost 0 downsides

Longer- I think it should only be done in survival scenarios

SickSicko likes this.
  7. arkad1

arkad1 Fapstronaut

I've had a total fasting of 4 days. want to do a week almost next time

8. PanteriMauzer

PanteriMauzer Fapstronaut

Fast sounds nice but i need to gain more weight and dont loose muscle mass soooo in 3/4 hours im always eating(expect when im sleeping)
    And i feel very good when i eat

9. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

Intermittent fasting is healthy at many levels, prolonged fasting is starvation.
    In fact Intermittent fasting will help increase your HGH levels, balance insuline, it has it's beneficts at an hormonal level.

My personal take is that the perfect balance is 14:10

Unless you are super super big like, professional bodybuilder level, intermittent fasting have proved to be benefitial for muscle mass building.
    I mean is literally used in the movie industry to bulk up actors fast due to it's effects on the HGH.

10. I've fasting for the past 15 days, and Today i'm going to be fasting again for another 15 days, In Ramadan we fast for a Month, Right now it is Ramadan. It is an Islamic Tradition.