1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How has your family reacted to the `new you`?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by new genie, May 4, 2021.

1. new genie

new genie Fapstronaut

Often with nofap people talk about how it changes certain aspects of their life, like how their social anxiety is gone and people are more friendly around them. I'm curious if people have noticed any overt or subtle changes in how their own family members have acted around them. Personally, I've seen that some of the men who were a bit more hostile or who flat out disliked me before are more friendly and treat me like an equal, whereas some of the ones who liked the old me are somewhat less likely to be all that friendly to me now. Others haven't changed much at all. The women in my family have been all much nicer to me and seem to like talking to me more and like hanging around me more compared to how they used to be. Wondering if anyone else has noticed anything different with their own family.

Abzu likes this.
  2. Chefb87

Chefb87 Fapstronaut

I know for me , my whole family has alot of unhealthiness. When I got into recovery. I realized how childhood traumas had such a big effect on me. Going through this trauma brought up alot of anger and resentment that I've been holding onto. This put a big rift between myself and my entire family. I had to put in boundaries that prevented my parents from interacting with my 3 year old boy until I felt it was safe to do so. ( No sexual abuse or anything).
    This made my parents extremely angry and resentful towards me. But it's been slowly getting better between us as we all progress in a healthy way for the first time in our lives.

new genie and Abzu like this.
  3. Abzu

Abzu Fapstronaut

well, people are more kind to me and understand my current situation and see as a better person than before like i see totally it changed how my younger sister behaves with me of late. Though she might not talk to me on phone since few days (idk what happened but she got corona maybe that's why) but she recently talked to me with respect and understanding i remember she used to cough alot around me or even in her room upstairs besides mine but that almost became non-existent, although she shifted downstairs after my uncle moved out but before corona she used to come regularly upstairs to give me food and felt pleasant around me although we didn't talk much i never i don't remember her giving an allergic reaction for last few months.

My mom also feels much more positive and smiles alot when talking to me, she also barely have any allergic reactions these days as well and a few times when she does i try to have self control and not fume in anger it helps.

My brother also likes me alot more, he used to be upset about my fapping habits and relapses in the past but he has supported me the most through thick and thin when i get upset he is there to cheer me up and tell me spiritual things about life and how i should stop seeking external approval, forget my past and learn to forgive me mistakes that still haunts me.

PATM (People are allergic to me) is a new kinda of psychological condition which leads people around us to have allergic reactions such as cough, sneeze, fart, burp, snort and all things along those lines. IDC, if someone calls it BS like most people whom i tell about it, i know from my several years of experience, research, looking at the body language and subtle hints people give me. It's kinda related to intolerance and hostility because people who dislike you do it more regularly.

new genie likes this.
  4. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

[​IMG]
    Wtf, I need to look into that, sounds confusing, interesting, and the fact that you say is "psychological" just got me curious about it beyond any measurable scale, because allergies are physical in nature.

new genie likes this.
  5. Abzu

Abzu Fapstronaut

i had a whole thread about it couple of years ago but no one replied
    people have indirectly even admitted it.

6. Such things are still a Taboo were i live, They heard me talking about NOFAP, and they were hating it and tell me to stop it!

I was willing to do it, and i was afraid to lose it, I heard stories that due to Semen retention it can cause Prostate Problems even Cancer until day 192 of NOFAP, I had my life's first wet dream I was happy but sadlly it was a wet dream of me Masterbating Alone... Haha...

That was my experience, but over all NOFAP is a real life changer!

7. new genie

new genie Fapstronaut

Bumping this thread. One thing I notice is that I'll get a compliment from a family member occasionally like "you like healthy", which never used to happen to me before.