1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. emanuel_free

emanuel_free Fapstronaut

Checking in ... still in trials and in the storm. I’ll remain firm.

2. lowkeysonly

lowkeysonly Fapstronaut

My thoughts are with all the good people out there who struggle with this addcition. May we all find peace and live free from it.

3. JJ_Kino

JJ_Kino Fapstronaut

Checking in

Hope all is well with everyone.

4. Just want to thank everyone for participating in this group I created even though I haven't been much of a role model. I still want that 90 day trophy!

ctr, lowkeysonly, JJ_Kino and 2 others like this.
  5. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

You've not quit. I think that means a lot.

Are you seeing improvement? I can't tell if I am, but I think so. I had lots of nice little streaks longer than they used to be. Ive also learned to be lesson dramatic when things are going poorly. I think that helps me see through the addict brain lies.

The one thing I I do know now is not to judge how I'm doing within two days of a relapse/reset lol.

On the flip side, I don't want to keep failing in the same exact ways. I was learning from mistakes better last year. Maybe we need some minigoals to improve and stay accountable. 1) If I stay up late, no aimless TV or internet. 2) No aimless phone time in private locations.

1 week accountability goal starting now. If anybody likes the idea jump in. If it looks dumb no worries haha.

artifact and JJ_Kino like this.
  6. JJ_Kino

JJ_Kino Fapstronaut

Where did NICEDUDE go?

artifact and GottaBFree like this.
  7. I have read the rules and would like to join this group.

If there is a free space that is?

GottaBFree likes this.
  8. JJ_Kino

JJ_Kino Fapstronaut

Failed today too much on my plate!

GottaBFree likes this.
  9. j.albers

j.albers Fapstronaut

"I have read the rules and would like to join this group"

Hi, I would like to join.
    I've had been keeping a journal in the 30+ section and would like to get into a group.

10. "I have read the rules and would like to join this group".

I would like to join the group.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

11. ctr

ctr Fapstronaut

Checking in. Urges under control, fantasies still there but gradually subsiding. Closing in on the reboot.

This is my fave time of the year and it's helping a lot. Trying to stay as busy and as social as possible. Setting new goals for the summer, and possibly some travel if I can get around to it. I've realized it's important to add some novelty in my daily routine, whether it be learning a new skill, taking up a new hobby or going someplace I never thought I'd go. The more we experience life, the better.

Keep fighting and all the best to everyone.

artifact likes this.
  12. I don't know, he hasn't check in in over a month. According to his profile, he hasn't visited the site in 2 or 3 weeks. I moved him from the member ranking to the "Veterans gone missing" section. I hope he is ok. Wondering what happened to old members is the worst part of running this group.

GottaBFree and JJ_Kino like this.
  13. Welcome @Low Tide High Tide , @j.albers , and @Augie ! You have all been added to the member ranking. Good luck in your recovery efforts and please remember to check in on this thread NO LESS than once a month in order to stay in the group.

GottaBFree and Augie like this.
  14. Checking in today.

Had a bad relapse yesterday but trying to not give into self-pity or despair. I must remain appreciative.

GottaBFree and artifact like this.
  15. daryl_zero

daryl_zero Fapstronaut

Reset today.

Does anybody have any advice on what do after a reset? How do you get back to a positive, productive, recovery-focused mindset?

GottaBFree and j.albers like this.
  16. j.albers

j.albers Fapstronaut

First post here. Thanks for the add.
    I still got this one-day streak but boy am I triggered. Just did some errands, it's nice out, and the warm weather definitly gets the compulsive gears moving. And this time of day, early afternoon, on an off day is a weak spot for me.

There are some more tasks I need to get to today or soon and acting out is such a great way to forget about that stuff and procrastinate and dig the hole even deeper.

I'm going to take a few minutes right now and let my mind and body calm down a bit before I jump into the next thing.

artifact and daryl_zero like this.
  17. j.albers

j.albers Fapstronaut

Hey daryl_zero! Glad to see you're still going. I've just gotten back on the horse.
    I feel like the best thing I can do for myself after a reset is follow through on a short list of things I can do for the rest of that reset day to be better primed mentally and physically for tomorrow. Things like sleep a bit earlier, if possible, and reduce screen time. Not to make a big declaration going forward but to follow through on them for the rest of that day.
    Also reaching out to others here about their stuff or your own, even if its just liking posts.
    Taking small steps from where you are, easier said than done, but you still need to take them.

JJ_Kino and daryl_zero like this.
  18. Relapse. This is always the most difficult time getting back in the fight. I've removed some pitfalls like unrestricted internet. Back up.

19. j.albers

j.albers Fapstronaut

I've been thinking about an idea latley and how it could be applied to recovery. The way that many high performance athletes are reported to lie to themselves when it comes to competing and how well they'll do, even though they may know that the odds are against them.
    Seems to be similiar to our situation. Our desire to maintain consistent sobriety is at odds with a mentally entrenched set of habits that wants nothing to do with sobriety. I think we need to say more often to ourselves that, not only do we need to fight and struggle with this thing, but also say that we are going to fight and we are going to win.
    For me, never adding that "and I am going to beat this," has always left the door open a crack for a relapse to creep in. Perhaps I felt like I was being more honest by leaving it out (statisically it fits that I will relapse) and perhaps it's a fear of failure. To not have that key goal verbalized, typed-out and believed as I'm getting back on the horse, its a guarentee that I'll relapse again.
    Here's the Radiolab episode that got me thinking about how important lying to ourselves might be in sobriety. https://www.wnycstudios.org/podcasts/radiolab/segments/91618-lying-to-ourselves

artifact, JJ_Kino and Augie like this.
  20. Checking in...fighting some urges but managing to hold out