1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The best supplement in the world for anxity/depression

Discussion in 'Nutrition and Supplements' started by BravelyKegger, Mar 14, 2021.

1. I have extremely bad anxiety when not on my supplements, I can not function properly, my ability to learn is hindered because I am so depressed and anxious, I just cannot enjoy life at all. A supplement I discovered about a year ago radically changed my life, ashwagandha, my anxiety and depression is I swear non existent when I am taking it, I dont want to kill myself every day, I dont want to give up and move back home, my life is so much better because of it, if you struggle with anxiety or depression please open up your horizons a bit and try this, I promise you will not regret it.

2. skull67

skull67 Fapstronaut

Wow, and I opened this thread with the intention of recommending specifically this herb. I second your opinion. Ashwagandha is amazing. the mental peace and the quality of sleep that I get because of this is something that I can never ever take for granted.

3. Unless you have experienced depression and anxiety you can't say that. Depression is a chemical imbalance first and foremost, so no amount of introspection can fix it. Telling an anxious person to address their fear is like telling an asthmatic to take a deep breath.

Takeyourfreedom likes this.
  4. bloudermilk24

bloudermilk24 Fapstronaut

ashwanghada is legit

5. Joseph Campbell

Joseph Campbell Fapstronaut

Do you take Ashwaganda in the morning then? Or more so at night w/ some tea and melatonin or something..

6. bloudermilk24

bloudermilk24 Fapstronaut

for me I take whenever I get a moment too, sometimes in the afternoon I can get a bit antsy so Ill have a cup or at night too I can have a cup. For the the main thing is I am a vata dosha so it goes along with my characteristis the importance of having

7. Joseph Campbell

Joseph Campbell Fapstronaut

Aha, cool cool, I'd been wondering about that stuff for a while, I just ordered some now, lookin forward to trying

8. ItsJustLark

ItsJustLark Fapstronaut

I've never heard of this before... It sounds interesting, but I have a few concerns; would it interfere with the medications I take? If I suddenly stop one day will my mood and emotions just completely crash?

9. thabtua

thabtua Fapstronaut

Thanks for suggestion guys, I'll give it a try too.
    If we have a severe addiction I think some tools like these will be helpful just to pass beginning phase. After 90 days I believe things will be better and easier.

BulletinNew and Takeyourfreedom like this.
  10. what meds you take?.

11. ItsJustLark

ItsJustLark Fapstronaut

Vyvanse, Lexapro, Intuniv, Abilify, and Vitamin D.

hsb0617 and BravelyKegger like this.
  12. you should be fine

ItsJustLark likes this.
  13. Wilde°

Wilde° Fapstronaut

I have considered taking it because of my anxiety but there is rumors it increases sex drive/urges? (makes you horny)

14. Yah it increases your sexual energy I believe, but at the same time it really helps with anxiety so much.

15. Ashwaganda doesn't seem to do much for me though it does seem to reduce my anxiety. I just heard a podcast on Tim Ferris and the Dr. Andrew Huberman recommends it only be taken periodically - not regularly (he takes it)
    https://tim.blog/2021/07/06/andrew-huberman/

Cod liver oil and long walks in nature have the greatest effect on me.

16. GeeJ

GeeJ Fapstronaut

Could I take it with meds?

17. Folks, check with your health care practitioner if you don't know about interactions and have concern about that. These days there's a pretty good database and with other things it may come from the clinical experience of people in practice, especially those who deal with a lot of patients with mental health issues .. which sadly is probably not that uncommon anymore.

These two points are true but at different levels. Sure you can say you want to address your root issue, assuming the person doesn't have a nervous system that's just biologically predisposed to a higher level of anxiety. But is that going to happen over night? Does the person need to be able to function and hold down a job so that they can support themselves, so they might be able to even afford psychotherapy somehow to address the issue deeply?

And actually even if it isn't a genetic predisposition it can very well be someone has a traumatic life experience. Not being able to turn down the volume on fear or anxiety can PREVENT someone from being able to address the root issue. It's not hard to understand when someone is totally freaking out you're not going to be able to reason with them.

We live a life that's not us in many ways. Besides PMO, there's also a lack of authenticity with things like therapeutic beliefs which are one size fits all. It's easy to state a truth as an axiom but the actual application in the real world when it comes to mental health in particular isn't that neat and tidy.

18. depends on the meds.