1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Energy Drinks, do you partake?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by brassknucks, May 14, 2021.

1. brassknucks

brassknucks Fapstronaut

I drink Monster's Zero sugar ones. I try not to do it every day, but just recently it's been almost every day.

Garek, CarP and <script> like this.
  2. script

script Fapstronaut

I'm also stuck on those zero calories energy-drinks. Now I "downgraded" to coke and pepsi-zero. I'd really like to get rid of them altogether, but it's really hard for me.

CarP likes this.
  3. I like the taste but there are way better things to drink

4. Inloverber

Inloverber Fapstronaut

Well I have tasted it before but when I have learned that it affects that heart, I dont drink anymore.

brassknucks likes this.
  5. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

I only took 2 energy drinks in my life and also it was one of the weird ocassions I took coffee, it was for studying for a neuroanatomy test. I stayed awake for 3 days straight.

Coffee is like crack for me. I prefer not taking any stimulant, it's more psychological for me. I like not to depend on any outside stimuli to excell.

Last edited: May 14, 2021
  6. gordie

gordie Fapstronaut

I’m studying for the law school entrance exam, and I’m an avid weight lifter. For a really hardcore study session, nothing hits the spot like a sugar free Red Bull. I also love the C4 cellucore drinks because of the niacin and beta-alanine when I’m pumping iron. I can go way further than my normal muscle failure on that drink.

I’m trying to cool it though because they are obviously so bad for you.

7. i dont drink them(never interested), im avoiding any stimulant of the same coffee and&...
    because my taste mostly goes for natural products not processed products.
    i dont drink coca soft drinks either because my depression are getting better to somewhere and
    i dont take any sugar for this....reason

8. arkad1

arkad1 Fapstronaut

Energy drink are liquid shit.

Pretty crazy they're free to sell.

En?gma and Cassiel Addams like this.
  9. Well ... energy drinks aren't really my thing

But i solely drink them for caffeine in there(i dont like coffee), and i do it 2 to 3 times a week when im heading to work to wake me up a little bit due to poor sleeping patterns and to help me stay somewhat focused.
    Otherwise i would not drink it at all, its just a temporarily solution and i have to fix my sleeping pattern as i tend to have troubles falling asleep at night.

I like this one tho:
    [​IMG]

<script> and Cassiel Addams like this.
  10. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

I'm such a junkie that I have probably made Monster shares double their price.
    I need to stop my caffeine addiction, sadly is fairly recent, I didn't use to drink any caffeinated beverages at all, until two or three years ago, now I've turned into a caffeine junkie, being energy drinks the one of choice over shitty coffee, although I prefer a good coffee.

Discerning_Dubearte likes this.
  11. Oh, fuck me, SickSicko! That video made me laugh so hard I started crying!
    And, by the way, for some time I've been meaning to tell you that the combo of your name and avatar makes me laugh every time I see it. Awesome.

12. I am EXTREMELY addicted to Monster Ultra. EXTREMELY

<script> likes this.
  13. script

script Fapstronaut

Do you know about the boomer memes with monster ultra? Ever since I've seen them I can't not think of them whenever I see the can.

[​IMG]

14. Lmao I didn't knew it was a meme, but I can understand lol

<script> likes this.
  15. I mostly use them for clutch situations. During my med school exams I could only get 3 hours of sleep everyday for a week straight. The red bulls kept me functional.

16. Rents77

Rents77 Fapstronaut

Every time I smell a Red Bull, I think of the mix with vodka back in the student years...

But aside from that, really don't enjoy energy drinks and avoid them, as beers are my preferred drinks.

Garek and <script> like this.
  17. This is an oddly specific thing that we have in common. I am currently off monsters but I drink a lot of coffee.

brassknucks likes this.
  18. i try to stop caffeine since i cant sleep from ut yet i need the energy

<script> likes this.
  19. greenmtnboy

greenmtnboy Fapstronaut

Yerba mate, green tea, both organic are energy drinks for me. I make mate in a coffee maker, add full spectrum tulsi, peppermint and lemon balm herb in the filter holder and drink a lot of it a day.

20. Not since I started bleeding from them.

Caffeine could be okay in small amount/moderation, there's a lot of factors including your genetics to take into consideration. But you can have a lot better, steady energy if you dealt with the dosage of the ingredients more carefully, (some of which are just not going to be found in any kind of energy drink - unless you mix your own) the way these things are formulated doesn't really reflect much nutritional knowledge.

Funny I just made a Brawndo post on the subreddit. This kind of fits in with some of the macho culture we see in thiks community though: