1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Energy Drinks, do you partake?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by brassknucks, May 14, 2021.

1. 3nigma

3nigma Fapstronaut

I drank a 5 hour energy every day for the past few months. Lately, I've cut it down to half a 5 hour energy. It's funny; the less I drink, the more sensitive to it I become. I like a red bull zero sugar every now and then and Coke Energy zero sugar is pretty good too but I don't do it often. Like maybe once a month. I can't do the sugar.

2. 3nigma

3nigma Fapstronaut

Sounds similar to Bang (BCAA L-Carnitine) but with edgier packaging.

3. sam30

sam30 Fapstronaut

Avoid sugar altogther

4. sam30

sam30 Fapstronaut

My friend eats alit of junk food and drinks alit of sugar.. his behaviour becomes erratic.. very hyperactive and immature. Starts behaving like a sulking kid when he doesn’t approve or dislike.. what does this mean does it mean his a very emotional person.. sometime I feel this person drains my good energy because he becomes negatives

5. sam30

sam30 Fapstronaut

I drink 8 glass of water a day

CarP likes this.
  6. [​IMG]

<script> and Slimjimjones like this.
  7. Slimjimjones

Slimjimjones Fapstronaut

Thank goodness I was about to ask if anybody here just drinks water, the real adult drink.

Water gang=Best gang

sam30 and CarP like this.
  8. greenmtnboy

greenmtnboy Fapstronaut

All the commercially produced "energy" drinks are full of sugar, caffeine and other unhealthy things. They are expensive, unhealthy and lacking in real nutrients. Red Bull and all the other ones with slick advertising do little to build the body's natural health.

9. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

Ooooohhh shiet, we are doomed now.

11. brassknucks

brassknucks Fapstronaut

Not really. There’s a lot that is Zero sugar, and the cans are not expensive, unless you’re struggling or don’t get paid a lot.

12. Of course caffeine and sugar are also a lot cheaper by itself. At one point I made my own I got caffeine as a supplement, it might have been powder or I just divided tablets I don't remember but then you can control the dosage. Regardless of the cost there's the question of ingredients and the proportions of the ingredients. When you buy any finished product you're stuck with their proportions, but if you basically make your own then not only are you free to change that but you can put other ingredients that they simply don't put in energy drinks, non stimulant stuff that supports ATP and your mitochondria. Energy drinks are just a short term boost, which is the nature of stimulants and a matter of convenience. Convenience can be easily addressed by preparing, just like making your own lunch or bringing healthy snacks. Since a lot of supplements don't come in bulk powder and/or liquid anyway you can just put together a few doses in a pill box and you'd know what you're getting.