1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Field Report

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Deleted Account, May 15, 2021.

1. Went out for about two hours with my wingman. I took the lead and made approaches right off the bat. Had some interesting conversations. Lots of nurses and teachers out and about. None of the women we approached were all that attractive but it makes sense to be friendly. My rhythm (and it needs work) seems to be an alternation between me talking about myself and then asking her about herself. I do this in search of things we have in common. It make me something other than a guy just standing around, but it isn't getting me what I want.

At the second bar there was a lot less talent, but I made the effort to pick one that I was attracted off from her friends. I did the back and forth described above until one of her d-bag guy friends pulled her back to the group. I tried to do the hard thing and did not succeed. Two sets are easy. The cute girl in the group takes more skill.

My buddy and I ended up talking to a couple that had been married for twelve years and when his wife left for the bathroom he gave us the following advice:

Pick out the one you want, walk up to her and compliment her, specifically her outfit, and then walk away back to your friends. Wait a few minutes, bullshit with your buddies, and give her time to process what just happened. She spent an hour getting ready, and you are the only guy that has acknowledged how great she looks. It's going to take her some time to process. Women don't know what they want. At some point later on walk up to her again and repeat the process. Get good at complimenting women. If she comes up to you and your friends, or her and her friends come up to you and your friends you are in. If she does not, on your third approach be straight with her and go for the number. Women don't want to feel pressure to make decisions or to figure out what you want. They need time to process what's happening.

He gave us his game in a much more succinct manner so I will summarize. Here is the move: Approach the women you want, compliment something about her that you like, and then walk away. Give her time to process what you said while you hang with your friends not too far away. Repeat. Let any talk about yourself and herself arise out of that structure. You don't have to say things about yourself that are impressive. Doing the thing stated above is impressive.

Criticism/related advice welcome. Going back out tomorrow night.

brassknucks and RealMe like this.
  2. Rents77

Rents77 Fapstronaut

tenor.gif

Doesn't sound like a bad idea, tbh, I've been taking a lot of body language courses (have to admit I quite fell for the lovely Vanessa Van Edwards) and what the married guy said falls in line with the general attraction/impression process.

Garek likes this.
  3. It’s certainly got more potential than the “approach and chat until it gets awkward and I maybe get her number” strategy I’ve been employing.

modern milarepa and Rents77 like this.
  4. p1n1983

p1n1983 Fapstronaut

If she is not attracted to you, she is going to forget about you the second you walked away after the compliment. She got another like from a fan.. another selfsteam boost from a stranger like she have in social media. you didn't do anything different. The 2nd time you approach her she is going to be unconfortable about it... more times you do that she is going to freak out and think that you are a stalker.
    On the other hand if she is attracted to you, of course is going to work... she is attracted to you, no matter what you do.. she is going to give you his phone number unless you talk her out of liking you.
    When a woman is attracted to you and you go and talk to her there is no way the convo is going to get awkward unless you talk her out of liking you.

This mind games to get woman are worthless. Attration is not something you can generate, and also attraction is not a choise. If she is attracted to you... no matter who you are... she is attracted to you, and that's it, everything with her is going to be easy because she wants you, easy as that. And you can be Brad Pitt but if she is not attracted to you, then she is not attracted to you, so no matter how much you work to get her, she is not going to give you the time a day. You are going to work a lot to get her attention and is almost never going to work.

Work on yourself to be your best version. That is going to make more woman interested in you than working on convincing woman to be attracted to you. Remember, woman love to chase the man they like, love to receive his attention and validation. If you are the one complimenting them and chasing them.. they are getting your attention and validation for free... that is never going to work with woman.

ReVera III, becomingreat and Garek like this.
  5. I appreciate your feedback. Broadly speaking it sounds like you are applying theory more than speaking from experience. Attraction isn’t a choice. You should become the best version of yourself. Both true. But if you don’t put yourself on the radar of the women that you want to take to bed neither of those truths will matter.

Furthermore, knowing when and how to compliment a woman is a worthwhile skill. It’s not a mind game and it’s not a chase, it’s a kindness. A chance to read her response and see if there is any attraction present. A chance to measure her level of receptivity without talking about yourself or putting her on the spot to talk about herself. After the first approach you’ll have a pretty good sense of whether or not a second approach is warranted. Letting interactions arise out of compliments is not that bad of an idea. It’s worth adding to the tool kit.

Rents77 likes this.
  6. p1n1983

p1n1983 Fapstronaut

Nope, plenty of experience, failures and success.

Putting yourself on the radar of the other person is femenine. That is what exactly woman do when they like a guy. They put themselves in your orbit in hope you go and talk to them. A man go out and have fun with friends or go and do what he likes to do. That's the way he show himself to the world, woman that are attracted to him are going to put themselves in his orbit, not the other way around.
    When a man sees a woman that he is attracted to he just goes and talk to her, he is confident and he don't care about rejection. You just need to know if she is showing sign of interest in you. You just go and talk to her, get to know her and see if she is interested in you and if she is more than just good looking and you can have fun with her.

Totally, but only one that came from your hart. One that is totally honest and it doesn't go out just to bribe her for sex or to beg for her attention.

Not at all.. you are putting her in a pedestal rigth from the get go. Treat a woman like a celebrity and she will treat you as a fan. Woman want to be with an equal or a guy that is superior.
    Woman that really are into you are going to compliment you and are going to work to get your attention, validation, compliments and time. If you give all that away from the first second you spoke to her, she don't have to work for them so she is not going to be attracted to you because she is not going to be emotionally invested in you.

Better examples? do good looking, badass, jackass, popular, etc guys need to do this? no.. they just go to a bar and woman go after them, the more bold ones just go and talk to them, the normal ones put themselves in their orbit. Why? because they are high value man... they worked to be in their best version and now they have plenty of woman to be with, they don't need to chase woman or bribe them with compliments. They just go out and let woman come close to them and pick the one they want to be with.
    On the other side, man that didn't do the work, and are still low value man, feel they need to work to get woman so they come up with strategies to seduce woman.. but the reality is that attraction is not a choice. If she is not into you, she is not into you, no matter how much you work to convince her otherwise.

That's why is better to really work on yourself, invest all this time in you, instead working to get woman.
    Work on yourself and let woman that are interested in you work to seduce you.
    There's a world of diference between a woman you work to seduce from a woman that is attracted to you from the first second. When you experience the second one you are never going to work for a woman again, you experienced how a woman behave when she is into you and how easy, efortless and amazing it is. Working to pick up a woman is not going to be worth enough. To much work for very little. Instead, working on yourself and letting woman chase you is amazing and last longer.

ReVera III, becomingreat and Garek like this.
  7. This is not at all what I am suggesting. It is completely possible to compliment someone without putting them on a pedestal, expecting anything in return, acting like a fan boy, or putting yourself in their orbit. A well place compliment is disarming, a kindness, and a motivator to the person on the receiving end.

You can work on yourself all day every day and it won’t matter if you aren’t creating the gravity necessary to draw women in.

Self-Conquest likes this.
  8. matt2k12

matt2k12 Fapstronaut

Since you asked for our thoughts, here are mine:
    What are you doing?
    Are you that thirsty?
    Why not instead of chasing girls you chase excellence, and girls will .. chase you ... you will see.
    I would have never thought what difference it makes to stop caring. Now I have a girl chasing me, doing everything I want, I say come she comes, I say do this, she does this, tomorrow she makes me dinner. What did I do? I basically acted like a man, that’s all. Please don’t forget that it is our birth right to be wanted by women, not the other way around as society tells us today - in all the old movies you see the dynamics of real men and women. Those dynamics are in our dna, and if you get rid of the societal norms and toxic indoctrinations that befell you and act more like the man you totally already are you will inevitably observe the change that you cause in the world around you

Garek likes this.
  9. L1ght

L1ght Fapstronaut

I have to agree with @Garek here.

In my experience, surprisingly many attractive girls date average-looking guys. That wouldn't make any sense if everything that matters was the "first impression attraction" you are talking about. Of course, you'll have better chances if you are jacked, well dressed and look popular but the psychology of attraction is more intricate than just that.
    It also seems like many intelligent and good-looking ("high value") guys leave the clubs alone because they are simply not really good at talking to people.

I've also wanted to note, it is an amazing feeling to have a girl chase you, but girls that are "hard to get" feel so much more attractive. I just love this thrill of building up attraction with someone, and a girl who makes her 100% available is a turn-off. That's just a personal preference though, you might feel otherwise.

I am not saying you should not work on yourself, but talking to women can be fun of its own. And giving joky compliments in is definitely a part of it which doesn't make you less manly (I'm not talking about simping here ofc). But I'll be very happy to hear more thoughts on this!

Garek likes this.
  10. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

I have to agree with @p1n1983 on this one. Having tactics and strategies it's not a masculine trait. Attraction and masculinity comes out of naturalness. Using tactics to create attraction that's what some women do and you can easily tell they are playing games and I hate that, it just shows the person is not honest, it's not showing who she really is.

Women are very smart in terms of social interactions, she is going to notice you are using game and following a strategy it can look weak and desperate, artificial. She is not going to get blown away by a compliment. They get compliments all the time since they are little kids.

11. The aim is not to have a women be "blown away" by the initial compliment. Nor is the underlying motivation dishonest. The aim is to disarm her while expressing your desire, knowing full well she will make up her own mind about who and what she wants. Soldiers don't go into battle without tactics and strategy, athletes don't win games without running plays they know by heart, and men don't win women without walking right up to them and making their interest known. Often, what we think of as natural is little more than lots and lots of practice. The more robust and diverse an array of strategies and tactics you have at your disposal, and the more sincere your motivation, the more likely you are to get the women that you want.

I appreciate the dialogue, it's why I posted my report. Let's just make sure we don't confuse who's right with what's right. Anyone here who thinks they have all the answers is only kidding themselves.

Rents77 likes this.
  12. It sounds like you are describing a relationship with a well trained dog. If you've got what you want then my hat is off to you.

13. modern milarepa

So far you are just talking without having used this technique.

Pick some girls up using this tactic which I have never heard before, one more reason to be suspicious, and you can tell us if it works otherwise it's just a magic PUA formula from a married man probably a little drunk at a bar who doesn't play the pick up game in a long time.

Garek likes this.
  14. modern milarepa

Also after you matched with some of the girls ask them what they thought of your approach, if it was innovative, if it was different and appealing to them.

I mean ask them after you have sex with them or after you become a couple or something like that, not right away off course.

Garek likes this.
  15. matt2k12

matt2k12 Fapstronaut

this is pretty much what i wanted to say with my post @Garek .

i'm sorry if you didn't get the message. I don't know how else to put it. basically i just wanted to say the same thing as @modern milarepa , and i wanted to highlight you what feminine behaviour actually is. feminine energy is all about bonding and relationships. look what women do; nearly everything they do is to attract man. the shopping, clothing, make up, looking and dressing nice, its all for the sake of attracting a man. masculine energy is not about that - id est, attracting females. yet, thats what a lot of these pua do, and you, seemingly.
    I m not saying its bad to have game, all im saying, is, once you are aligned to your true core masculinity, you will not need to learn pick up or game, it will just flow naturally.

Garek likes this.
  16. p1n1983

p1n1983 Fapstronaut

Why? because you compliment her? everybody does that since she was born... Attraction is not a choince and is not something you con convince her.. or she is into you or she is not. No matter how much you work to convice her otherwise is going to make up her mind about it.
    The same apply to man, we are visual creatures. We love hot woman, if a woman is not hot in our eyes we are not going to give her the time a day, no matter how funny or easy to be around she is. No matter how good her "game" is or how much she practiced picking up guys... we are just no attracted to her and there's nothing she can say to change that.

Yes we do. Again.. do popular guys go and talk to woman or woman put themselves in the man orbit in hopes he talk to them? Man that win woman do it by working for themselves and are high value in womans eyes... woman want a high value man.. so woman chase after them because the aren't many of them. Be a high value man and you are going to experience what a woman do with a high value man, when she really desire you.

More time you spend with this, is less time you spean reaching your best version. Chase excelenge and woman are going to chase you.

It really doesn't matter... jerk's get a lot of woman and their motivation are totally wrong. But they behave in a way that woman are attracted to them.

If she is into you.. the only thing you need to do is to not talk her out of liking you. If she is not into you, you are going to waiste a lot of time trying to convince her to like you.. and almost never is going to work and she is never going to treat you the same way she treat guys that really push her buttons.

At the end of the day you can do whatever you want. I used to work to get woman, now I work on myself, my goals and ambitions and let woman that are interested work to get my attention.
    There's no better feeling than that and I enjoy a lot more every interaction I have with woman.

Garek, ReVera III and matt2k12 like this.
  17. p1n1983

p1n1983 Fapstronaut

You still feel that you need to do something to get a woman attention. Know for a fact that when you are a high value man is everything you need to get woman attracted to you and wanting to talk to you.
    Instead of working to get woman attention, work on yourself and let woman work to get yours. Is a life changing experience.

Garek and ReVera III like this.
  18. matt2k12

matt2k12 Fapstronaut

Listen. To. This. Man.
    Everything he says is true!
    A girl is cooking me dinner tonight. She’d do anything for me. I did rats ass to „win her“..
    all I did was to understand my value as a male.. and then you gotta understand that you can’t go around picking up women like they do in movies.. a woman that digs you will put herself in your orbit, and then it’s up to you to act..

Garek and ReVera III like this.
  19. @modern milarepa @matt2k12 @p1n1983

I appreciate everyone’s feedback. I hear what you are saying and broadly speaking I agree. The issue I am having is that I am just not meeting enough women. One solution to this problem is to go out on Friday and Saturday night. And when I am out I look for reasons to go talk to women. I understand what you are saying about masculinity v. femininity, and about really letting your masculine core express itself naturally instead of running game. I am cultivating that core and have been for sometime. I hear you.

What I am getting at, is that if you just stand around being authentically masculine without walking up and talking to the women that look interesting to you then you aren’t likely to meet anyone new or have much fun. Whether you pay a compliment, ask her a question, make an observation, or whatever it is you do, you’ve got to walk up and say or do something. Yes, if you are strong in your core, solidly masculine, then things you say and do will attract women to you. That’s certainly a place where I have room to grow. A lot of room. That does not change the fact that when you go out on Friday night you are going to have walk up to the ones you want so they can feel the gravity you are putting off.

Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2021
    matt2k12 and L1ght like this.
  20. matt2k12

matt2k12 Fapstronaut

I guess that’s true, when you „stand around being authentically masculine“ you are not going to „meet anyone new or have a lot of fun“, if you want to put it that way. The thing is, being masculine means exactly that: you do not want or care to meet anyone or have fun, exaggeratedly said, your intention and goals lie elsewhere. The strange thing however is, that when you act masculine and seemingly don’t care, you will draw a lot of women. So, the necessary conclusion to draw from this is that you are in a contradictory dilemma:
    This is not masculine behavior. Since masculinity attracts femininity, you actually repel females with such attitude.
    It is a strange thing, that just when you stop caring , you will turn the tides.
    I like to think of girls like cats. When there is a room full of people , the cat will choose to sit on the lap of a person that don’t care or don’t even like cats, especially not that one.
    Have you ever asked yourself why it is a issue for you not meeting enough women? What is it that you are truly looking for? My sense is that it can’t be found in another human being, or woman, but it can only be resolved in you..
    And please don’t think that I want to belittle your efforts. I have actually huge respect toward everyone who pushes his limits and sets himself up on a line. In earlier years I wouldn’t dare to do what you do and I would of thought it was because I was a coward. But I did some of that stuff, enough for me to know that I am capable of it and now I know, I wouldn’t do it not because I’m a coward, but because i understand now that life don’t work that way. I just know it and that’s the message I wanted to forward to you .
    But don’t take my word for it. You do your stuff, and I wish you all the best, I really do hope you find what you are seeking for

ReVera III and Garek like this.