1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. FellowCompanion

FellowCompanion Fapstronaut

2. Day 7
    Beginning to struggle. The second week is always so hard for me. Then after 14-15 days I typically hit flatline, where urges are less physical and more emotional. I really want to be a hobbit. It is rare for me to reach 15 days PMO free.

3. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

Day 7 , i feeled exhausted in the begining of the day , but now i feel good again.

4. MS PBH

MS PBH Fapstronaut

5. MS PBH

MS PBH Fapstronaut

Rise to Greatness
    Brother you are spread lots of positivity for us
    I want to say thanks from depth of my heart ❤
    *Sorry for English writing because english is not my mother tongue

6. eagle rising

eagle rising Fapstronaut

I say a farewell to all. I have gained what I could in this challenge. It has provided me much motivation that I needed just a few months ago. Now, my motivation lays elsewhere. I really wanted to rank up to "White Wizard". The desire for that title was what kept me going for quite some time. Now, I know, personally, that I am what keeps me going. My life is all the reason I need to keep going, that is not from a selfish standpoint, but from the understanding that all my capabilities are within me and doesn't align with any external entities.

I have seen many relapses while reading through the pages of this challenge and it is truly disheartening, and I hope everyone will get out sooner than later. I will say one thing, while it has been determined that stress has been a big factor, that doesn't mean that a relapse is inevitable. The understanding that stress and relapses are correlated should bring with it the opportunity to change it. There is one step between stress and relapsing, and that is choice. You still have a choice whenever you are stressed, you are not powerless.

I wish you all the best! It has been fun and I appreciate all the support, even likes have their influential powers. One love.

7. RiseToGreatness

RiseToGreatness Fapstronaut

:D i hope you get there bro ;)

Last edited: May 19, 2021
  8. RiseToGreatness

sorry for the loss bro. We´re here for you :)

9. RiseToGreatness

I´m sorry for your decision bro :(. But, of course, you should do what feels right. Thank you for all that you shared with us, and the inspiration of your long journey. Much apreciated :)

Whenever you want to return to the Fellowship, we will receive you with open arms :). I will keep your name on the board.

Best wishes my brother :). Safe journey.

old friends.gif

10. uman37

uman37 Fapstronaut

11. RiseToGreatness

Checking in Fellowship.

Not a good day, feeling tired and foggy, i think due to very bad sleep tonight. I will try to make proper adjustments for this night.

The following brothers have upgraded and reach places in Middle Earth:

@JiminyCricket - Uruk-Hai
    @uman37 - Elf / Rivendell
    @12ove - Pass of Caradhras / Misty Mountains

Checking out my brothers and sisters. Have a good day :)

12. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

308 days dwarf king
    383 days no PMO, semen retention

I almost forgot to post my streak today I'm so not tempted to PMO that I forgot about my streak.

13. 12ove

12ove Fapstronaut

14. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Another day with some meditation, some running, pull ups and climbing, some soul searching and cycling and double cold shower! ;) Feel, like I 've done my duty for today and deserved a good rest.

15. Prophet Moonstruck

Prophet Moonstruck Fapstronaut

Day 30 my brothers! I can say once agin that it was no piece of cake... not because it was hard...but because I made it hard :)) pun intended. I still have a long way ahead of me until I am able to stand tall and stand proud! External motivation is lacking, but fortunately, the elder stoics where in the same boat as me and already helping me through this journey! I will leave you with a quote that helped me today:
    "You don't have to turn THIS into something. It doesn't have to upset you!"

16. jaberwaki

jaberwaki Fapstronaut

That's what I'm talking about! Nice!

17. crazyhorse11

crazyhorse11 Fapstronaut

Checking in Friends
    No P Day 182
    No M Day 11
    No O Day 11
    • I commit to stay off devices after work and turn to books, boardgames (just bought a solo boardgame for this purpose), exercise, visiting people, etc... instead - summer is coming so I intend to embrace it (the only exceptions to this are if I am watching a sports match, which will be about once a fortnight, checking in here, buying something necessary, or doing Freedom Fight)
    Match tonight
    • I am renewing my commitment to stop fishing and bounce my thoughts words eyes and actions any time they bring me close to triggers
    Bounced eyes again today
    • I commit and have decided to finish forever with narcissistic pride, which is the mother of lust. This will include being accountable for when I am - mindless - unkind - foolish - boasting - stealing the limelight - vain - arrogant - hypocritical - delinquent - impatient - capricious - habitual etc...
    Aware today; not unkind but not proactively kind either; had a lapse in eating as I had a packet of sweets and acted foolish thereafter; not boasting; did not take people up on invite to join a group chat; not hypocritical today; patient enough; did my duty; no urges today as I think I am still flatlining; breathed the fresh air tonight while out on a jog and looked up at the stars moon and dark blue sky and allowed the natural feeling of gratitude to arise
    • I commit to looking after myself and dominating procrastination, and being held accountable for this here too
    Sticking to system

Cold Shower - Yes

Exercise - Yes

Reflections - No - I need to get back into better reflections

Procrastination - No

Vanity - No

Excuses - None today - keeping my head down - staying normal

Mindful Breathing - Yes!

Sleep Pattern - up early

Mindful Eating - Not today unfortunately

Personal values - I am a normal bloke and happy to be so

18. LuckyMan

LuckyMan Fapstronaut

Checking in. Just worked out! Now for a cold shower!

19. Mathman1994

Mathman1994 Fapstronaut

Day 5 - I started to look up attractive models, but I closed my device before much time passed, and I considered what I would do next. I was dealing with strong urges, whether to masturbate to any models I might find, or to MO without any visual stimuli. In the end, I did neither. I did a brief 1 minute meditation where I messaged my temples and then the urges were gone. I had not MO'd or PMO'd. Other than the first few photos that came up of the non-nude models, I did not spend much time looking, let alone fishing for more. I am proud of myself, though slightly disappointed that I even put in the search terms, but alas, we cannot always help the initial action as it is done impulsively, but we can close the browser, and we can take a step back and think for a few minutes to consider whether it is worth MOing or PMOing (and for those wondering, I consider P-subs to be PMOing if masturbated to).

Anyway, good night all!
    Best,
    Mathman1994