1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Does Life even have Common Sense ?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by alexandrebois, May 19, 2021.

1. alexandrebois

alexandrebois Fapstronaut

Okey so my question is quite vague and philosophic

"Does life even have Common Sense ?"

Why is this Question?

Because:
    1) You can be the smartest person in the world it doesn't mean that you will succeed in Life (A lot of people fails even though they're so smart !)
    2) You can be the Best Lover and the most caring person, your Wife can leave you anytime soon (But in common sense when you're good your Wife should always stay with you)
    3) If you love someone in this Life, be prepared that one day or another they'll break your heart even if you had no flaws they'll try to make ones (While in common sense people should love you if you love them back..)
    4) You can be the Most Good Looking person, you won't attract Girls, and Girls would always go with Loosers instead of Going out with you for a date (Even though you know that you are attractive and better than the Average of others guys that the women left you for)

So where is the Logic in theses Questions?
    There is no Common Sense in Life !
    What ever you do in Life, you will never Understand it i guess..

How are we supposed to Live in a Life that has no Common Sense !!! I don't get it guys!

Mr.Tony and brassknucks like this.
  2. SocratesTheKing

SocratesTheKing Fapstronaut

Hi.

Perhaps a better question, is why do you want things to make sense to you? Why do you desire to control something so much larger than your self (life) in such a way that you are able to make sense of it?

If life does not make since to you, perhaps the problem is not the logic in life, but the logic you are applying to the perceived problem is flawed, and you have guided yourself to a misunderstanding.

As Epictetus said “Man is not worried by real problems so much as by his imagined anxieties about real problems.”

J29, Anti-Hero and alexandrebois like this.
  3. alexandrebois

Because i need Security in my Life to feel good

My common sense got literally Broken after i got cheated on

4. SocratesTheKing

To quote another famous philosopher, “Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.” Søren Kierkegaard (perhaps my favorite)

I am going to tell you now the advice I hated the most when I was 16 and my girlfriend cheated on me. “Give it time”

You are facing a crisis that many of us go through, but it is still your crisis. Your perception of the world has been rocked, and you can’t seem to make since of it or find a way to comfort yourself, is that correct?

Nobody has magic answers to this problem, but through time and experience you will develop you own ways to health from the pains in life. The reason these wounds hurt so much while we are young is because it’s a new type of stress and pain. You will in time, learn how to overcome this.

Give yourself permission to hurt, grow, and when its time give yourself permission to move on with your life.

I’m sorry you have experienced the sting of betrayal. Eventually, when you are ready to move forward, I hope you can find the strength to forgive all parties involved.

5. alexandrebois

My problem is in another Level:

I got Betrayed by Everyone in Life

All my friends, and all my girlfriends

Everyone in Life betrayed Me. that i could never Trust anyone in life anymore!

This is so hard for an Emotional guy like me
    I don't wanna start crying but it hurts...

I mean, aren't we all Born in this life to Suffer ?

6. SocratesTheKing

Perhaps we are all born in this world to find a way for us, as an individual, to overcome the suffering.

J29 likes this.
  7. ReVera III

ReVera III Fapstronaut

why did they betrayed you?

8. alexandrebois

Because they're bad persons.
    And i'm an Innocent guy who loved everyone with all my heart and wished the best to them

And they betrayed me (talked behind my back, broking my heart, got into fights, bullied me etc...) and made me become a Monster with a frozen heart

9. Slimjimjones

Slimjimjones Fapstronaut

They didn't make you do anything, you did. You control how you react to situations.

Could I ask if english is your first language btw?

J29, SocratesTheKing and ReVera III like this.
  10. gordie

gordie Fapstronaut

No, it’s not. Look at the state of the world. Once ruled by kings, now it’s ruled by… well…

we've come a long way since the Byzantine Empire and not in a good direction.

11. That's debatable. :)
    -J29

12. BugsBunny555

BugsBunny555 Fapstronaut

Damn I'd love to live in the Byzantine Empire.

Yeah, I probably wouldn't have any political rights, but who cares? The average plebian that is into politics is insufferable and very reactionary.

Imagine the structures we'd be able to witness, things that certain documentaries would claim were made by aliens. Magnificent structures.

The water would be blue too.

And the food would be great, contrary to popular belief peasants ate quite heathily. More healthy than the gentry, because they ate what they could grow and what they could hunt.

Anxiety wasn't invented yet. People would sling themselves at wild beats just for the hell of it.

You could choose a trade at a young age and become world-class with it, instead of wasting your youth in public school with nothing to show for it.

Our ancestors owned property, we own Nintendos and gaming computers...

13. You think too much about stuff outside your control. What's wrong with people owning Nintendos and Computers?

-J29

14. BugsBunny555

BugsBunny555 Fapstronaut

I'm not thinking about anything outside my country.

I think there's something wrong with it, especially since people idolize these machines, but you don't own them completely. They're useless without electricity and internet, and you spend hours a day have your eyes scorched by a blue screen. I personally find more fulfilment outside, because I making something. I'm taming nature.

15. That's your opinion. I think you would agree that others can find fulfilment in other things too.

How so?

-J29

16. BugsBunny555

BugsBunny555 Fapstronaut

Nature is chaotic, just like a wild animal.

Gardening you control what it produces.

Hunting (as long as it's not overkilling) you protect other species.

Building a house that can withstand weather, you show your resilience against storms.

I mean even building a dam. You control the flow of water.

17. Oh. I see.

BugsBunny555 likes this.
  18. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

Common sense and women? Women are emotional creatures reason is not the women's world no wander this guy ended up being a cuckold. He seems like a selfish, self centered man who can't see beyond his nose.

BugsBunny555 likes this.
  19. He was larping about being a poor that dream about being rich and have girls in every room of his house.
    In my opinion was one of the funniest member of the site, before him mostly of this category (off topic) was looking like a cemetery.

20. GhostRider@11

GhostRider@11 Fapstronaut

What's wrong in that, even if he is self centered at least he is not harming anyone. Focusing on your own life is way better than worrying about others, and especially I pity those people who haven't got their own life in control and constantly think of helping others. To help others, the first step is to become capable of helping others. You can only give what you already have, you cannot spread happiness if you yourself are feeling sad. And in my view, he is doing the best thing, at least he is honest about what he really wants.
    Anything in excess quantity is bad whether it is too much money, study, work or even exercise, anything in excess will cause destruction and same is true for scarcity if something is not available at all then this situation is also dangerous whether it is no money or no health. Just because most people started hating PMO, doesn't mean that his desire for sexual pleasure or girls is bad, after all that is also a phase of life.