1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Have I been shittested, y or n?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by matt2k12, May 20, 2021.

1. matt2k12

matt2k12 Fapstronaut

So last week a gf (were not together) invites me for dinner at her place.
    We set the date for this week wednesday.

Comes wednesday, one hour before I was supposed to arrive at her place, she writes me this message: "my parents will be here too, i hope thats ok for you."

I was upset and angry. I wrote her, I had imagined our date differently, and that either she had to cancel on me or her parents.

She called me, apologized, said it was a bad joke, and asked if I still wanted to come.

I was still around in that part of the country so I said yes I come. I didn't feel like it at all though. On my way to her, i was just angry and upset and part of me wanted to never see that woman again. I told her she should never do this again, and she promised.

One day later, I ask myself whether it was all just a shittest or not. Yesterday, when I read her message, I believed her that she actually invited her parents over.

Anyway, Id be curious to hear other opinions

2. Slimjimjones

Slimjimjones Fapstronaut

It kinda sounds like a shit test that you absolutely failed given the intensity of your emotional response. Even if it was a bad joke your response was still prolly a turn off.

3. matt2k12

matt2k12 Fapstronaut

I dont see how I "failed". i was looking forward to the date, and then drama got introduced into it by her. i stated my intentions, and she apologized. my goal is not to just have sex with a girl at any cost. if that would be my goal, i have failed yes, but it is not my goal. i understand what it means to be stoic, but im still human, and if i look forward to something, i have emotions, and if that is somehow cancelled, i have emotions too. being stoic doesnt mean to not have emotions, but to properly master ones emotions. if i had written her what a bitch she was, that would be a bad emotional reaction. but i did none of that. i just stated what we have agreed to, and that i didnt like to be treated like that. looking back, i wouldnt act differently. i could have seen it as a bluff, and say i could bring my coworker too and if that would be ok for her. i could have done that, if i had seen the shit test. but if had seen the shit test, i wouldnt have done that, because i dont like such a shit test. it was a total turn off for me. i dont like to be with someone who doesnt value me or my time.

anyways, i talked to her about it today and what she was thinking and that i thought it was a shit test. she then wrote me a lengthy response that it was true, it was a shit test, she wanted to see my response. she apologized multiple times, said she didnt know that it would upset me, asked for forgiveness, yadayadayada.

at this point i dont know whether i should forgive her or not. i dont like girls who are manipulative. but if the red pill is true, all girls are the same.

i wouldnt mind shit tests like "i bet you say that to every girl". but this is just bluntly deceptive and mean. i dont see how shit tests are ok in any settings at all. just because modern western women do it frequently, doesnt mean its ok. throughout history, and also today in other cultures, women wouldnt be allowed in such a way. its just in the western hemisphere that women are allowed to do anything they like and get away with it, just like the holy apes of berabes, who too could do what they liked and men werent allowed to punish them.

maybe i exaggerate, i dont know. im just upset. i thought she was nice and different. but she is not. just like the rest.

Freedom_from_PMO likes this.
  4. Freedom_from_PMO

Freedom_from_PMO Fapstronaut

Even if it was exaggerated, she will know that she can't play with op like that.

matt2k12 likes this.
  5. Freedom_from_PMO

Shouldn't such a meeting happen when both parties are comfortable with this and interested in a long term relationship?

matt2k12 likes this.
  6. Freedom_from_PMO

I agree that OP overreacted, but meeting parents is for most people important step in a relationship, and not asking if the other party wants this, but just informing about the fact may be seen as overstepping.

This is a massive cope rationalising all kind of toxic behaviours. Obviously dating is a test, however shittesting, creating drama, unnecessary obstacles etc. in a commited relationship, especially when kids are around is immature. Safety and stability should be endgame of a relationship. It is a teamwork. You don't want your SO to backstab you during crisis situatuon or ruin your kids' childhood.

matt2k12 likes this.
  7. Rents77

Rents77 Fapstronaut

Have to say I agree to this. Meeting the parents has always been presented like you're sitting down with demons and I never quite understood why.

matt2k12 and MeTP like this.
  8. matt2k12

matt2k12 Fapstronaut

Guys thank you for your responses

i don’t see why you say I reacted to emotional... we set the Date up between the two of us, and shortly before she changed the plans..

i actually had seen her parents before. Before I even met her, I was invited by her parents for dinner as I just moved to the place.. I liked her parents, and I guess they liked me..

it’s all about the timing of her shittest and the shittest itself..

she told me today she had just wanted to see my reaction and she had just wanted to see my reaction..

she wrote me a ducking long message apologizing several times and hoping we could still be together...

i don’t know what you see what i did wrong

At this points it’s just about me whether I give her another shot...

Freedom_from_PMO and Rents77 like this.
  9. matt2k12

matt2k12 Fapstronaut

i didnt get angry at possibility of meeting her parents, but at getting my plans changed ...

ok.. i got an apology, i will be calm now and see what happens

10. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

It just sounds like she was trying to make a joke, girls are awful at making jokes and it can be of bad taste.

By the way never get angry, girls love to see a man angry its a triumph to them. But you can obviously and should tell when you don't like something.

But in this case it was just a joke, don't talk too much about it to her.

Oliver Gunter and matt2k12 like this.
  11. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

A shit test has the quality of you not expliciting knowing its a shit test even after it's done she won't tell you, a girl will never confess a shit test. That is the all point. Girls play psychological and emotional difficult tests.

This was a joke for me. Usual girls joke. Bad joke but not bad intention on her part.

Oliver Gunter and matt2k12 like this.
  12. Just Is

Just Is Fapstronaut

I think you massively overreacted to her joke. If you're constantly on the lookout for shittests you'll never be comfortable in your own skin. A part of girl jokes is that they want someone who is emotionally confident enough to handle it. I think its off putting that youve asked her not to do anything like that again (youve asked her to filter herself).

13. matt2k12

matt2k12 Fapstronaut

yea, i get it now. judging by the fact that we made out yesterday and she wrote me that she loved me, i got away pretty good :) i think i understand girls better now. wicked creatures they are :p

i think part of why i overreacted was because i was not on my purpose, or mission. i was thinking too much about her, making her my purpose. that will all change now.

edit: thank you @MeTP and all who contributed to my thread. you all contributed to my success and growth!

Last edited: May 25, 2021
    MeTP and Oliver Gunter like this.