1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Any nerds here use a Linux phone or de-googled phone?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by brassknucks, May 19, 2021.

1. brassknucks

brassknucks Fapstronaut

I been following this dude Rob Braxman on youtube and I am thinking of getting a Linux phone. So sick of google looking at my dick pics. Okay seriously though.

modern milarepa and Anti-Hero like this.
  2. No, but would that be Alpine/postmarketOS?

3. brassknucks

brassknucks Fapstronaut

Alpine is one of them. I am trying to get completely off the Apple platform too. Fuck all these oligarchs.

Anti-Hero likes this.
  4. ByTheRiver777

ByTheRiver777 Fapstronaut

Idk what de-googled is (I know what linux is...), but I've been google clean for a year and a half now. Duckduckgo has been great for the ads I see (as in none)

Anti-Hero likes this.
  5. brassknucks

brassknucks Fapstronaut

De-googled according to Rob, basically means it doesn’t use any of the google apps.

ByTheRiver777 likes this.
  6. script

script Fapstronaut

To me it seems like the technology is not really matured enough to be used conveniently.

What did you find out get's tracked on android devices? I'm interested.
    And wouldn't it be enough to not use google-apps? I mean you are running a google-OS (which is linux), but as long as the OS isn't sending out personal information, I don't see a problem really.

brassknucks and Anti-Hero like this.
  7. Anti-Hero

Anti-Hero Fapstronaut

I suppose he wants GNU/Linux rather than Google/Linux.
    Are we sure that it isn't? There's also the worry of puting in backdoors which allow others to spy.

<script> likes this.
  8. Force Majeure

Force Majeure Fapstronaut

You might want to look into
    https://www.fxtec.com/pro1x
    Haven’t tried it myself but could be interesting I suppose.

I was using maemo on the nokia n900 for a couple of years but then the software sort of died out... which is a notable problem for any OS - if you go ”off track”.

brassknucks likes this.
  9. UnfairPhysics

UnfairPhysics Fapstronaut

10. brassknucks

brassknucks Fapstronaut

How do you like it so far?

UnfairPhysics likes this.
  11. UnfairPhysics

UnfairPhysics Fapstronaut

I use it for the desktop (sry if that's unrelated to your thread), its a cool distro, you get to install everything you need from scratch.

brassknucks likes this.
  12. script

script Fapstronaut

UnfairPhysics and GhostRider@11 like this.
  13. GhostRider@11

GhostRider@11 Fapstronaut

I have never used linux on phone, but even I am fed up with pre installed google apps, and especially when your budget only allows you to buy phones of companies like Xiaomi which are able to provide cost effective phones by showing advertisement everywhere throughout the phone. Many times I thought of either rooting my phone or completely moving to linux. After exams I am definitely moving to linux.
    I have used linux platform on laptop for more than two years. Initially I had double booted along with windows, but one day when somehow my hard disk crashed, deleting everything, I installed linux and then never went back to windows. Until last month, when I got a new laptop with pre installed windows 10.
    I love linux community because almost everyone on linux platform stands for open source and especially decentralisation.

Last edited: May 26, 2021
    brassknucks likes this.
  14. u usde fedora linux like 4 years. never llooked back at windows.

brassknucks likes this.
  15. Abzu

Abzu Fapstronaut

i was able to manage to get chrome removed nothing else worked i thought of flashing lineage os but can't get custom recovery to work maybe should try on pc now

16. GhostRider@11

images (2).jpeg
    images (3).jpeg
    images (4).jpeg
    Don't get me wrong, it was just for fun. On the contrary one day even I want to be able to tell everyone 'btw I use arch'. Afterall it takes skills to reach that stage.

UnfairPhysics likes this.
  17. Abzu

Abzu Fapstronaut

what phone do you have? i have realme c3, fully feathered packed amazing performance and experience

18. GhostRider@11

Xiaomi redmi 4a, but I have just now placed a order for redmi 9.

19. Abzu

Abzu Fapstronaut

rooted? custom rom?
    looks good but mine has g70 first phone on the market to do that and i got it at launch

20. GhostRider@11

No, I haven't tweaked it at all. It still runs miui android with those ads. I didn't wanted to spoil it in case something goes wrong, because I don't own it alone, both me and my small brother use this same phone for school and other purposes. Once I receive my new phone, I will start messing with it, and later on after gaining enough confidence I will root redmi 9.
    And yeah, mine is not that good, but I can't force my parents to buy a costly phone for me. I will buy that when I start earning.

brassknucks likes this.