1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Something you will regret not doing now after 10 years?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by BrighterFuture, May 22, 2021.

Tags:
  1. BrighterFuture

BrighterFuture Fapstronaut

It's good to look ahead, and think about your future self, he will look back in 10 years at you, yes you, what are his deepest regrets?

For me it would probably go something like this:
    I will regret not doing anything to build my own body with right food and workouts
    I will regret that I'm still addicted to PMO, and didn't try to step up my game at the time
    I will regret staying in home and not trying to go out with the right people
    I will regret not writing my million dollar thoughts and ideas on paper
    I will regret that I always asked for help instead of taking action and finding real solutions
    I will mostly regret not seeing the crazy amount of possibilities to grow and improve that existed at the time.

Last edited: May 23, 2021
    Abzu, HE^MAN, Rosahan and 1 other person like this.
  2. gordie

gordie Fapstronaut

You should probably receive some form of formal education and take it to the highest possible level you are capable of.

I’m 31 and I’ve worked both blue and white collar jobs, and 90% of the resentful people in either of these fields didn’t educate themselves properly or take formal education seriously. There are other problems as well, but people don’t talk enough about how community college, trade schools, and university degrees correlate with higher incomes (in that order) and in fact sometimes people mistakenly believe and say the opposite. At least in America it is very statistically true and proven that higher levels of education correlate very strongly with higher levels of income.

They also correlate heavily with class, and women actually prefer on dating apps and in general to date men with equal or higher levels of education than them— which means you have a wider dating pool.

The welder that your cousin’s plumber’s sister’s step-uncle knows that outpaces a surgeon’s income is an extreme outlier, and if you want to be competitive you’re probably going to need to crack some books at some point.

BrighterFuture likes this.
  3. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

Not buying bitcoins possibly.

4. How do I put this.. I will regret not cultivating real relationships with people I meet. Knowing what someone does for a living or attending some event both of us has an interest in is just the bare beginning of anything meaningful, it has to go much further than that. It seems it is increasingly difficult to even have enough time, let alone in person face to face time to make this a possibility though, but I am convinced this is both how I can get the most value from those relationships and how those other people can get the most out of relating with me.

5. Rosahan

Rosahan Fapstronaut

such a beautiful lines with real regrets follows over the time, hope you will find a way out of it,...
    and this suits for me too
    I will regret that I'm still addicted to PMO, and didn't try to step up my game at the time
    I will regret that I always asked for help instead of taking action and finding real solutions

6. Abzu

Abzu Fapstronaut

yeah 100% those 280 days won't matter whole lot if you can realize your mistake quick and rise from the ashes again