1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

My one ear feels plugged up off and on. Is it cancer or just allergies?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by zxcv, Oct 11, 2019.

1. zxcv

zxcv Fapstronaut

Is it possible it's cancer or something. My ear feels plugged up off and on. Not really if it could be ear wax or allergies. Do allergies effect only one ear and not the other. Seems like some days it's worse than other, but it's usually the worst when I'm laying down. I'm not experience any other systems of anything like cancer. No ear pain, dizziness.

The hearing loss is off and on, just when it feels plugged up other than that it's pretty normal.

Rarely get ringing in ears.
    Rarely get headaches.
    No moles in the ear area that could become cancer.

It's weird my ear has been bugging me for most of the ear. It seems like it's allergies, but it's only effecting one ear and it's been feeling like it's plugged up. It seems like seems like it's like it's a lot worse when I lay down. Also it seems to effect my mom on the same days that effects me. At least on the days I'm complaining about it.

This has been bugging me for around 7 months this year. It also happened to me last year, but stopped during winter.

Am I just worrying too much. Is it just allergies, if it is can allergies effect just one ear.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    Muntasir04 likes this.
  2. Yawns, chews gum or sees a doctor.

3. Get_It

Get_It Fapstronaut

It might be a tumor.

ByTheRiver777 likes this.
  4. Go see a doctor. It’s probably infected. This happened to me last year.

5. dethly

dethly Fapstronaut

It could be a wax buildup. You can get products at your local drug mart which can rinse out your ear. I believe the product I used was called Murine. My brother had a similar "plugged" feeling, turns out that it was a wax buildup when he rinsed it out with the solution. You should have seen the size of the chunk that came out of his ear lol. Satisfying yet disgusting.

6. Quoowahb

Quoowahb Fapstronaut

Cancer is very rare for a 31-year-old, but see a doctor about it.

7. HegHeu

HegHeu Fapstronaut

Well get your blood pressure checked can be due to high blood pressure or just wax buildup it doesn't need to feel clogged or just an infection.

8. The members on this forum are not certified health professionals, kindly consult your nearest medical practitioner!

9. Milhouse Van Houten

Milhouse Van Houten Fapstronaut

Why ask random dudes on the net when you could see a doctor?

10. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

Like others have said it's probably best to see a doctor if you can. If you can't see one then here's a pretty good guide about how to choose a trustworthy health sites on the internet. Don't trust everything you read online.

11. If you can’t diagnose something yourself it’s best to see a GP, sounds to me like it’s either an inner ear infection or severe wax buildup. Though from experience and looking at the symptoms it sounds like an infection to me, since it’s way worse when you lie down, only in one ear, and it feels stuffy or “plugged”.

If it were wax buildup both ears typically have issues like severe sound reduction, feeling like you need to “pop” your ears, sometimes pain if significant impacting has happened, vertigo/dizziness from your equilibrium being thrown off, and also possibly ringing of the ears as well. Can’t rule anything until you seek a doctor though!

I highly doubt it’s cancer.

Deleted Account likes this.
  12. inspiritandtruth

inspiritandtruth New Fapstronaut

Does it ever give you a kind of whistling sound when you are listening to music? Does it make it so you have to turn your good ear towards someone because you can't understand them if you listen through both ears? Are you anxious or have trouble sleeping?

Could be magnesium deficiency.

13. MLMVSS

MLMVSS Fapstronaut

14. DerSchütze

DerSchütze Fapstronaut

Yup, sounds like cancer, it's probably already spread to your brain. RIP

Deleted Account likes this.
  15. C12345

C12345 Fapstronaut

A couple years ago I was shooting a muzzle loader and it malfunctioned and blew up in my face, my left ear rang for 24 hours. To this day it feels clogged up sometimes, I'll have intense epsiodes of pain, and water gets stuck in it easily. My doctor has looked at it twice thoroughly and says everything looks fine. Either you have an infection or something loud affected your ear.

16. Muntasir04

Muntasir04 Fapstronaut

Did nofap fixed your that ear/hearing problem?? I am also having something similar.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
  17. tigate

tigate Fapstronaut

@Muntasir04 , how is it today? Got it few mos. back.

18. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

Could it be meniere's?, could it be wax?, could it be a spider living in your ear?, could it be infected?, in any case, have it checked by a professional.

19. Muntasir04

Muntasir04 Fapstronaut

I am much better now. But I have tinnitus and i think i have some kind hearing imbalance in my ear, not sure. I had anxiety and insomnia but now I am taking some meds prescribed by a doctor and I am much better now.

20. Abzu

Abzu Fapstronaut

i had that last year it eventually went happens due to too much i reckon