1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Sleep paralysis

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by sam30, May 22, 2021.

1. sam30

sam30 Fapstronaut

Hi any one had sleep paralysis? I had mine 4 times last night so annoying. I told myself don’t worry it will pass. This happens to me when my mind is really sleepy but my mind is not shutting down and I know this at the back of my mind.. then I feel something sitting on my whole body but I can not move or open my eyes quickly. How I remain calm is relax my muscle and start to take deep breath eventually I come out of it. Any one experience this???

2. I have this problem for 8 years now . I see a nightmare and then I start screaming and cant open my eyes and cant move then someone in the room wakes me up .

3. taderius

taderius Fapstronaut

I've must have had it for the last 20 years or so.
    My best advice is to learn as much as you can about sleep paralysis, the idea is to be able to recognize it early when it happens. That way it is easier to relax and even going back to sleep.

Btw, the weight you feel on your body is your own weight :)

4. ByTheRiver777

ByTheRiver777 Fapstronaut

I've had sleep paralysis my whole life.

Though it hasn't been that bad recently, I personally find using an alarm clock a good remedy to preventing it.

5. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

The demons got you all good I see, do some expelling ritual and get some better sleep.

6. smh_fam

smh_fam Fapstronaut

I've experienced it a lot, the only real "trick" is to try to keep calm and don't fight it. Just cruise through it and be all like "okay, I can't move, I can't breathe and there is a horde of demonic creatures sitting on my chest and crawling on the ceiling, it's cool, I'm okay with this, it's all good".

elvagoazul likes this.
  7. sam30

sam30 Fapstronaut

To be honnest I just don’t think it’s a demon.. i will put it down as not being able to switch of to sleep.. that way you don’t get scared. Just purely deep breathing inhale and exhale. Just say to myself it’s nothing. It’s not like someone actually killing me

8. SickSicko

SickSicko Fapstronaut

If that helps you...
    Mine looked something like this, also somehow I could tell he was wearing a suit, was very classy.
    Always staring at me from the door or at the end of my bed.
    [​IMG]

9. sam30

sam30 Fapstronaut

All tricks in your mind not real

10. Abzu

Abzu Fapstronaut

after nofap it went away from me i think it happens to due to negative entities attacking you i remember watching my brother when he went to 2nd school and he got on my chest and batman too many other incidents too

11. LittleBigRobot92

LittleBigRobot92 Fapstronaut

I have a reoccurring sleep paralysis dream where i start in my bed unable to move, then i lucid dream and i always do the same thing. I walk downstairs go outside and sprint along the street in my dream and then i wake up. It's weird how different our Sleep Paralysis can be.

12. pancakebaker99

pancakebaker99 Fapstronaut

I had it last month. Mine started in my teen years I think I was 15 the first time it happened. I never really get lots of creepy images. I have seen things but most of the time I just couldn't move no creepy creatures just me stuck in place.

The only creepy things I can recall are something that felt like claws and heavy breathing on me. Another time it was growling with what sounded like a loud knocking sound at the door. The only time I ever saw something was a creature with black fur saw the same creature twice.