1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Religious argument from JustADude's journal

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Elduderino, Aug 3, 2015.

1. Elduderino

Elduderino Fapstronaut

Spoiler alert.

Root cause: Sin.
    Fix: Jesus.

2. Beatsher

Beatsher Fapstronaut

That's what I was hearing my whole life - I'm wondering if you can say it a bit more generic?

Sorry for the sarcasm, but your answer is helping nobody - it's much more complex.

zavich and Andrew0268 like this.
  3. Elduderino

Elduderino Fapstronaut

Okay, then read all 66 books of the Bible if you're looking for the complex answer. I was just simplifying it.

4. Elduderino

Elduderino Fapstronaut

Given the symbolic use of the number seven in the Bible you could have fooled me. :p

5. Andrew0268

Andrew0268 Fapstronaut

I don't think that touting the bible as an easy answer is a good solution to the problem. The problem that I have with the christians (one of many) is this.... Saying that the answer that works for YOU is the answer that works for EVERYONE.m this is not true. But from what you write @Elduderino it sounds as though you are blind to what this man is really talking about. If you think Jesus is the savior and that helps you, good, goo with it. But don't be so arrogant to believe that it is the only way for everyone. We all need our own path to walk, no one thing will apply to everyone.

Anyway, @JustADude, it sounds as though you're going through some philosophic dilemmas, keep going. Maybe you'll find an answer, or maybe you won't. The answers will come when they come. But I appreciate the depth at which you are taking this thing. You're not just settling for an easy answer. You're looking deep, and that is tough. I don't know the answers. I do know that searching is key. And I'm also coming to the conclusion that a life lived for others is definitely more meaningful.

6. Elduderino

Elduderino Fapstronaut

Well, the Bible does imply that Jesus is the only way so if you want to judge a book by its cover and think that's arrogant then God help you.

What else could cure sin other than Jesus taking the punishment on the cross? Good works and abstinence will never clear a guilty man, Jesus really is the only solution.

7. TOmTew

TOmTew Fapstronaut

Why is there a god fight? We all just want to get well. Obviously jesus isn't the only way or no one other than Christians would get well. So just put that to bed. Can't we all focus on supporting each other and do so without saying "My god is the only solution..." That is just ridiculous and not helping anyone.

threemonkeys likes this.
  8. Elduderino

Elduderino Fapstronaut

We're not fighting. Plus, the Bible does imply that Jesus is the only way.
    I can understand that it seems ridiculous at first but Biblical Christianity is the most historically verifiable religion (yes, his resurrection is historically verifiable, that's why we believe and worship him).

It makes perfect sense that there can only be one way. There can only be one God, he must be just in punishing evil and the history is there to confirm his testimony of his relationship with Israel, the deity of Christ and the implication that the only way such a just God could forgive us of our sins is through the sacrifice of Jesus who is both fully God and fully man as the second person of the triune Godhead.

Hope this clears things up a little for you. :)

9. Elduderino

Elduderino Fapstronaut

Well, I only answered because I was questioned. That's only fair.

10. TOmTew

TOmTew Fapstronaut

This is embarrassingly and mind numbingly dumb. Good luck. I truly wish you the best.

11. Elduderino

Elduderino Fapstronaut

Yep. Christianity's moral, scientific and historic influence on Western civilisation, America and the rest of the developing world was all due to it being an embarrassing and mind numbingly dumb belief.

OP doesn't want me to talk here and I want to respect his feelings so if you want to discuss this in a civil manner by private message I'm more than happy to but if you're only interested in criticising Christianity because you don't personally understand it then your criticism speaks for itself.

12. Beatsher

Beatsher Fapstronaut

13. Beatsher

Beatsher Fapstronaut

What you're saying is correct - but it's antiseptic. It's just word's, that are told and the one, which hear's them can do whatever he wants with 'em. And if it's the wrong thing he's doing, he would be told that he sinned and put the spear again in Jesus!?! That argumentation directs to a bad conscience and not to love - sry.

Jesus was there in person to help the people! He learned from the scriptures and put that into action. The pharisees were the ones who put burdens on the people.

What's happening here is, that people with the same problems give one another what's missing from others - love and understanding.

I'm a christian and I know the bible by hard. But what's putting me by now in rage are people throwing around with sin, reproval and bible text but don't do a thing to help: 'If a brother or a sister is lacking clothing and enough food for the day, yet one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but you do not give them what they need for their body, of what benefit is it?' James 2:16

So sorry, but had a lifetime of this and no help from people to get my habit ended, and then coming here and so much support, understanding and appreciation - so I hope it's understandable, that I'm a bit sensible when it comes to generic bible interpretations.
    Be specific - then you're able to help!

14. TOmTew

TOmTew Fapstronaut

As I said, good luck. I wish the best.

15. axy_david

axy_david Fapstronaut

John 17:17 - Seek the truth for yourself, if you don't even read the bible you shouldn't even partake in an argument about the bible.
    I'm going to throw you a bible text aswell: Luke 7:5-8
    You have to persist, says in the bible black on white.
    Did you personally ask for help in your church?
    "So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you;" - Luke 7:9
    I doubt you even talked with your pastor about it, how are they supposed to help you if they don't even know what's up with you?
    Stop blaming the church for your misdeeds, it's your choice to PMO not theirs. If I kill someone, should I blame the church for my deed?
    If you have indeed asked for help from people and you did not received any help, maybe you're asking the wrong being?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  16. Beatsher

Beatsher Fapstronaut

As I said, guys like you - full of reproach and self-rightousness :D thanks to affirm my argument ;)

1. How do you know, I didn't read the bible.
    2. You don't think about what I wrote, you just throw another bible text - and then one, that has nothing to do with my words :p but, nice story in Luke. ;) If you mean persistence: Luke 11:5-10
    3. I don't blame my religion my friend, I blame people which don't want to bother to help even though it's their responsibility
    and here we are! What did I say before:
    @axy_david Thanks brother :D many thanks - you're indeed one of the guys I meant, and you're here to confirm what I wrote! And please! Never bother to ask someone, why he's making errors or why he's sinning - it may led to answers, and in my experience, you don't want to her 'em :D;)

By the way, Jesus didn't ask either - but he was able to see the heart ... ;)

Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
    AlltheRageBackHome likes this.
  17. axy_david

axy_david Fapstronaut

Did I specify whenever I'm a christian or not? You just assumed.
    Do remind me if I did, last time I checked I just quoted the bible...
    I was just tired of the BS level on this thread, thus I replied with a little irony, but hey you are free understand my post in any way you want.
    Believe in what you want, I don't really mind. Believe that Jesus never condemned only loved, your choice.
    However don't "attack" specific groups of religion just because you have unrealistic expectations from them, or because you have a different opinion about a book that they also happen to have an opposing opinion about. As long as it's not morally wrong no harm's done.
    Don't come here and say that oh Christians are so bad because they didn't help you with your struggles because you never even bothered asking them in the first place and now whatever random agnostic community helped you so much better. There is an actual Christian online community that revolves around PMO and their effect in your life as-well so unless you have actual proof that's not my sarcasm then please go ahead...
    On a side-note this community as I see it actually believes many of the Gnostic teachings, and has a significant influence from the Buddhists too.
    I like religious diversity and this has been an interesting experience for me. So once again, please don't attack some religious groups.

18. Beatsher

Beatsher Fapstronaut

*loool* you're funny!

Where did I assume that you're christian. Please quote the passage ;)
    Arrogance is so adorable - yes, I think that's a virtue in a person that makes it real nice - the other ones I mentioned where the same: pharisees :D
    I did - so what? ;)
    Oh, he did condemn: pharisees :D
    Where's the attack? :eek: Please quote!
    Now the good part: the random agnostic community did, what the others should have done! :p
    And the part with:
    where did I wrote that? Please quote, you know yet ;)
    Just for fun: where's the attack? Please qu ... you know :)

19. axy_david

axy_david Fapstronaut

I like cooking random people on the internet, no strings attached.
    There is no more proof needed!

20. Beatsher

Beatsher Fapstronaut

You're aiming at analphabets and idiots - now I understand :D have it your way, honey!