1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

For men, does growing out your facial hair help or hurt your appearance?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by brassknucks, Jun 1, 2021.

1. brassknucks

brassknucks Fapstronaut

2. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

It depends on how your beard grows, bone structure, if you like it. How comfortable you feel with it. It can look really cool

I prefer not to have any beard or body hair. It's less maintenance and it looks clean and it's a good classic look.

Marshall 5, brassknucks and CarP like this.
  3. modern milarepa

The off topic section once again has gathered the chads to talk about important topics

aaf.png

4. modern milarepa

5. PanteriMauzer

PanteriMauzer Fapstronaut

Depends on the type of beard, if you just let grow your neckbeard it hurts alot if you let grow your upper beard it can improve your face

6. script

script Fapstronaut

From what I've seen and experienced firsthand, most guys that grow a beard will grow a style that doesn't suite them, myself included. It takes a while until you find a beard that works for you. Sometimes you have to realize that it just doesn't suite you altogether.

In my case I grew a really big full beard and looked like a hobo for one year. Now it's way smaller and way better kept, I look better with it, but that's mainly because I lost my hair years back. No beard and no hair is just too little going on in my opinion.

I think I looked better with hair and a light stubble when I was 20. But even then my hair was so thin that it already started to look bad.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
    Marshall 5 and modern milarepa like this.
  7. gordie

gordie Fapstronaut

Hurts, facial hair is not cool in most corporate jobs and never has been.

8. ByTheRiver777

ByTheRiver777 Fapstronaut

Late stage capitalism be like

MindfulWarrior and CarP like this.
  9. gordie

gordie Fapstronaut

Yeah I ain’t saying it’s right but it’s my reality.

Rents77 likes this.
  10. This really varies from one man to another. I’ve been told I look particularly good with some stubble, a day or two after shaving. But by the time it’s an actual beard, it doesn’t look so great anymore. Maybe because I never figured out what to do with it.

11. It depends. For me, when I shave, I look more good looking. Which is why I shave. When I don’t shave, I look like a hobo.

For some guys, they can grow a mustache/beard and it makes their face good looking when they don’t shave. So it really depends.

brassknucks likes this.
  12. For me personally, it definitely helps. I like to keep my beard stubble. Every week I trim it and keep it short and stubble.

But remember.. :D
    57422950-87E6-4C3B-A28C-D86E7430029C.jpeg

13. ElSabio

ElSabio Fapstronaut

If you have a sweet beard like mine it definitely helps. Men respect it and women love to sit on it.

14. I think in almost all cases it improves your appearance if groomed well and kept as stubble. Blonde guys tend to look better clean shaven though. I’m not a fan of full-on bushy beards.

El_Basilanacni likes this.
  15. Rents77

Rents77 Fapstronaut

For me, beard is no option at all, cause if I don't shave for 2-3 weeks I just look like dog's balls.

20yo's that don't shave for a week can look like Osama Bin Laden, while mine grows in the speed of a dead snail that's rolling on his backshell.

Besides, no reason to hide this babyface.

El_Basilanacni and Anti-Hero like this.
  16. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    during these days an ages i suggest a light beard, keep it trimmed an mantained, cause of the trend of men wanting to be woman an woman wanting to be men it frustrates me if i dont know the gender i dont know if im talking to a real man or a real woman an a light beard well settle frustrations,

17. brassknucks

brassknucks Fapstronaut

What, you guys don’t like women with beards huh?! Bigots, j/k

18. brassknucks

brassknucks Fapstronaut

I like the cut of your jib sirrr.

WesternWolf and ElSabio like this.
  19. Khufu

Khufu Fapstronaut

My Journal
    i have nothing against woman with beards i think it would tickle my nose when i kiss her that would be nice

El_Basilanacni, gordie and ElSabio like this.
  20. HunnishKshatriya505

HunnishKshatriya505 Fapstronaut

Beards are considered essential in most purist religious traditions, that's the reason I keep mine. If God intended your genetics to express facial hair, there's no reason to try to destroy it. It seems most women nowadays aren't fans, but I could care less of their opinion.

Mr.Sinner and {Ananta} like this.
  21. I'd like to think it helps mine. Plus I don't know why but it actually calms me down to run my hand through my beard. Call me crazy I don't know. My face is just blubbery without out, I don't judge men that don't have one though.