1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

From 20 to 30, looks have went downhill. How to deal with it?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by skaterdrew, Jun 7, 2021.

1. skaterdrew

skaterdrew Fapstronaut

I am 30 years old.

Something I have noticed with quite a lot of people. It doesn't necessarily need to be around the 20 to 30 age range. But this seems to be the sort of age range my looks went down hill.

So have you ever noticed that you might see a really attractive female, guy, but then you see them again 5, 10 years later, and you think to yourself, holy fuck, what happened?

I have noticed it with quite a lot of people, and the main age range I seem to notice it with people is when the person is in their twenties this is when they are really attractive. But then about the 30 age range their looks have went seriously downhill, gained a good bit of weight and just no where near as attractive as what they used to be.

Of course this doesn't happen with everyone. But I have just noticed it with a lot of people I went to school with, and when I was younger, but now I am 30 I have noticed it with quite a lot of people in the same age range as me.

But the thing is the same thing has happened to me. Back when I was in my late teens, early twenties, I seemed to be much more attractive. I got much more attention from women etc, even though back then I was still too anxious most of the time to act on it.

But I guess back then I was much slimmer, and also much younger. But the thing is a few years ago I lost tons of weight to the point I was slim again, but it still didn't really do anything to improve my looks. I just seemed to be more attractive when I was younger, in my late teens and early twenties. I guess I looked more boyish back then, and I don't even know if this helped my appearance back then.

But I guess it is quite a tough thing to deal with in a way. When you realise you used to be much more attractive than what you are now, and the thing is I don't even know if there is necessarily anything I could do to improve my looks where I will ever look as attractive again as what I did in my late teens, early twenties. Like If I lost a bit of weight, got ripped at the gym, got a nice haircut etc, I basically think no matter what I do I will never look as good again.

Has anyone else ever noticed this with people? Or has anything similar happened to anyone else?

Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
    Anti-Hero likes this.
  2. A lot of people go down hill when they enter their 30's but it doesn't have to be that way. I think most people are lazy when it comes to eating right and exercise and just relied on having a high metabolism. Just have to work a bit harder to look after yourself.

I am nearly 31 myself and noticed my metabolism slowing down, but there are exercises and diets that can fix this.

And I have seen people recently that I went to school with and they look shocking. Interestingly enough I have seen some girls that no one would give the time of day to when we were in school but look amazing now, whereas the hot popular girls gained loads of weight.

3. becomingreat

becomingreat Fapstronaut

Don't worry . Attractiveness increases by age for males. Of course thats if you abstain and eat well and excercise.

4. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

For me it's the opposite everything has gotten better I'm in my thirties
    Specially my body, I always had a good body but now is really good.

I never drink, don't stay up late, semen retention, sports every day and never eat junk food.

I'm more attractive and get many girls, way younger than me.

I was very aware of looking good all my life. If you live a healthy life you look younger more time.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2021
    Rents77, gordie and The Passenger like this.
  5. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

Nobody believes my age everybody think I'm 10 years younger

gordie likes this.
  6. Anti-Hero

Anti-Hero Fapstronaut

I know this pain. I used to be "hot" just ten years ago, nowadays I avoid mirrors. It really shocked me how brutal and fast aging is.