1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Too old for a new start. Loneliness is crashing me...

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by Deleted Account, May 31, 2021.

1. I feel this way. Had a degrading meltdown to some female relatives the other week after making a really unwise work-related decision. One of them laughed. I don't think I should inflict myself on someone in a relationship because I'm too selfish, but religion just seems like an escape, despite the fact that spirituality has been the main interest in my life.

And I always used to be positive and look for the silver lining, and have a ton of ideas to try, etc. But it feels like I've used them all up, and the world just wants to use us up and finish us all off, so what's the point?

But, if you could go back to your mid-30's, what would you do differently, if I might ask?

Actually, @Garek posted a link to some insightful Buddhist audio files - is it too late for you to listen to them and see if the don't help you work on the inner side of things? (Tried to find the link, but can't. Do you know the one I mean, Garek?)

CAKCy and Garek like this.
  2. Changed my life. Buddhism is my white pill.

Chris_Cactusblossom and CAKCy like this.
  3. Hi! Thank you for your thoughts!

Going back to mid-30's? With the knowledge of now? I would be less stupid, less trusting, less naïve, less open book to people who betrayed me at the end.

I find myself to be less receptive to philosophy and spirituality in the last few months. It's like my mind is on overload and is unable to grasp meanings and ideas.

Re Garek... He is so wise and so insightful. Some of his posts are pure gold!

Chris_Cactusblossom likes this.
  4. I don't think you or anybody else can help unless I put the effort.
    And I have to stop making stupid decisions.... or die....

5. Just to make clear that when you refer to "daughter" you understand that I was talking about my dog.
    She went away probably because of old age although she didn't act old.

Toni7 and Kung_fu_panda_ like this.
  6. Kung_fu_panda_

Kung_fu_panda_ Fapstronaut

How sad... we can feel your pain, your loneliness, yet none of us can help you. I wish one of us could help you.....but we can't. I pray to God to send someone for your help who will help you till your last breath. :emoji_cry::emoji_cry::emoji_cry::emoji_cry:

Toni7 and CAKCy like this.
  7. Kung_fu_panda_

Sorry I made a mistake in understanding your statement.

CAKCy likes this.
  8. Thank you for your concern and your prayer, kid. But miracles happen only in the movies or in the imagination of people....

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2021
  9. No worries.

10. Kung_fu_panda_

I also don't believe in God but I have no other way. If God is real, maybe He will listen to my prayer. If he doesn't listen to me then I will understand that God does not exist in reality.

CAKCy likes this.
  11. Pray to your God for the little children suffering, kid. They deserve His help. He shouldn't waste any time on me....

I'm not in a very good mood today. I will respond to any more comments probably later in the day.

12. Kung_fu_panda_

Which kid are you talking about? But whatever I want to help you, I can't see you suffering like this.

CAKCy likes this.
  13. Good to know, although difficult to put into practice!

Out of curiosity, have you ever had your thyroid checked?

CAKCy and Toni7 like this.
  14. Children in pain, in general.
    Thank you again for your concern.
    We all make mistakes for which we must pay.
    Please don't make my mistakes.
    For one day you will wake up and discover that it's too late to fix anything....

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2021
  15. Sad smile... I know...

What's with the thyroid? Are you referring to mood swings?

16. Not mood swings, but depression, fatigue and things like that. Lethargy, maybe.

CAKCy likes this.
  17. I had it checked a few years back. No problem then. I don't think I'm being lethargic (on the contrary I think I'm insomniac) and the depression and possible fatigue, I think, are due to the emotional burnout. I have gone (and I'm still going) through a lot that had an overwhelming effect on my emotional status.

Chris_Cactusblossom and Toni7 like this.
  18. Kung_fu_panda_

Don't you have any children? Did she/he leave you with your wife?

CAKCy likes this.
  19. No, kid. No children...
    Other than Lucy, of course...

Congrats for your "1 Day"!
    You, of course, will qualify for a gift when it says "2 Days".

Kung_fu_panda_ likes this.
  20. Kung_fu_panda_

Thanks..... If i purchased the game on epic and i want to download it later ,can it be possible?

CAKCy likes this.