1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What kinds of exercises can I do every day from home to try and lose weight?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Anonymous86, Jun 11, 2021.

1. Anonymous86

Anonymous86 Fapstronaut

Anyone here have advice for me? I'm still stuck at home right now.

2. odnt

odnt Fapstronaut

Start with press ups. X times a day at a set time every day. Then increase it a little to whatever feels food for you. A roll mat will help and good trainers. Can you afford a cycle machine? They're also great for cardio but running is better once you can get out.

3. Wilde°

Wilde° Fapstronaut

4. There's a bunch of at-home workouts you can do! Anything from lifting to cardio to HIIT to plyo to stretching. Some need equipment- true- but even without equipment there are plenty of no equipment body-weight work outs out there! Take a look at what you can find on YouTube- lot of great workouts there. Or sign up to something like Beachbody.com.

5. exercise is great no doubt about it but for weight management, focus more on the diet. you cannot out exercise a bad diet.

6. ProminentPosterior

ProminentPosterior Fapstronaut

7. odnt

odnt Fapstronaut

This advice is spot on. I combined a diet change with exercise. It took a while but I lost 20lbs in 6 months. It takes time but you can use Google Fit and a pair of scales to track your daily progress. A real sense of accomplishment. You can do it, Anon66.

Discerning_Dubearte likes this.
  8. for sure, a lifestyle change is the best bet. My plan is just to keep making more better choices for myself then negative choices.

9. odnt

odnt Fapstronaut

I should have mentioned there are loads of free apps for your phone where they talk you through each exercise in real time.

10. cresyhorse

cresyhorse Fapstronaut

every morning 10 min HIIT abs workout, this guy fraser makes those vids and they're useful.

HIIT workouts generally don't take much time but are best for this.

also limit food intake, can't get fit if you overeat constantly.

11. skullfull7

skullfull7 Fapstronaut

Best exercise to lose weight is diet.. You lose weight and gain insane self control/willpower at that.. And you don't invest in time.

12. sancus

sancus Fapstronaut

HIIT (high intensity interval training) has been shown to be the most effective for weight loss. definitely look into phone apps, there are tons of them with guided HIIT videos. 30 min a day of that plus a healthy diet and you should be good to go.

13. Fight_Back

Fight_Back Fapstronaut

Jump ropes will make you loose weight like crazy.

14. Julian Baker

Julian Baker Distinguished Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Love this truth!

15. If you're still stuck at home(and i assume no access to weights), i would look up body weight exercise routines to help boost muscular hypertrophy. Your metabolism has to burn more calories to maintain muscle.

16. Go running, I know it feels like crap at first, but it is the fastest way to loose weight. I promise you it gets easier and can feel absolutely amazing. The human body is designed for manny physical actions, but when it comes to running, we are the fastest long distance land animals on the planet. I don't know what you mean by "still stuck at home" but there must be some roads or forests near by you can go running through.

17. A Bottle of Slivovitz

A Bottle of Slivovitz Fapstronaut

18. odnt

odnt Fapstronaut

If your body can take it, this is so true. If you've not run before, try this: download a running app (e.g.couch to 5k) with a built in athlete on audio who talks you through each days run, a pair of wireless headphones, an arm strap for your smartphone, and you're good to go! Remember to warm up and warm down before and after each run. I dislike phys. but stuck with it, it did make a difference and I lost weight. It also felt good to be out running instead of looking at a screen thrapping myself to death.

19. I know these are not exactly in the home, but I have a park close by with some basic stuff there like pull up bars, parallels and ab benchs. So I prefer to run there and work out than staying at home.

So, every day, I run 1.5 miles to the park
    When I get there I do 3 rounds of:
    • 10 pull-ups
    • 10 dips
    • 10 push-ups
    • 20 abs
    • 20 squats
    • 10 Australian pull-ups
    • 20 Split squats
    • 10 Front dips
    And then I run 1.5 miles back home.

I get these repetition numbers now, but initially, I was only doing half of it and only 2 rounds.
    I'm trying to get to 4 rounds, but at the end of the 3rd round, I usually feel like throwing up. So maybe in a month.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2021
    MindfulWarrior likes this.
  20. I try to work out at least 5 days a week, just to maintain discipline. So I usually go 2 days, rest 1, then 3 days, rest 1, or the other way around.

I'm callisthenics adept. I did callisthenics for almost 2 years. But I stopped for personal reasons. (Depression, lack of motivation, family issues etc.., because of too much fap) Now that I'm doing NoFap again. I felt that I had too much energy accumulated. So, I'm again trying to work out. Although sometimes I wish I could just sleep the whole day.

MindfulWarrior likes this.