1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I feel like obsessing about politics ruined my life.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Deleted Account, May 23, 2021.

1. Giving up politics is a good start. Reverting to religion to avoid politics seems counter productive. Avoid politics and religion. Both are pointless.

Nugget9 likes this.
  2. PanteriMauzer

PanteriMauzer Fapstronaut

3. Nugget9

Nugget9 Fapstronaut

People lack an open mind these days and people in religion will ruin it for you and it truly does make you a follower. There is nothing wrong with that though if it makes you happy.

4. I actually went to church today. I actually feel happier than I was back in my Atheist days.

Wendigo Overlord likes this.
  5. Not true at all. If anything what people these days lack the most is spirituality. The problem is most spirituality these days is manufactured. We've started worshipping the wrong things and the wrong people. Most "Open minded" people I've encountered are actually very dogmatically set in their ways. They want to convert other people to be just like them.

6. Nugget9

Nugget9 Fapstronaut

Why do you have to worship anything? It leads to what's going on in politics what this article was about to start off with.

7. Nugget9

Nugget9 Fapstronaut

Good for you. if following makes you ahppy at this time period in your life that is great.

8. What's with all these redditor neckbeards coming out of the woodworks?

It makes him feel happier and more fulfilled. So clearly it's different from any dull political discussion.

SeekingEnergy likes this.
  9. Back at school, I never gave a shit about politics and never understood why anyone else did. Like cmon fernando, can we just talk about sport, games and stacy's titties jesus christ bruh

10. SeekingEnergy

SeekingEnergy Fapstronaut

true.

11. People who tend to be more disciplined and not complain as much tend to be more successful, I have noticed. People who complain a lot and make arguments with random strangers on the internet are not as successful. All your doing is making noise that nobody is going to hear. If you want your voice heard, you should protest and do it out on the streets. That’s more effective than trying to convince a random stranger on the internet of your political opinion.

However, I think that politics is very important to talk about, because politics affects every part of a person’s life. From taxes to healthcare etc.

12. ElSabio

ElSabio Fapstronaut

That's just how growth works my friend. We need to embrace crappy ideas so we can learn why they are wrong. It never stops. I don't know how many of the beliefs I hold now are stupid but because I've had a ton of dumb ones before I can be 100% certain that some of my current ones are wrong and stupid. Hopefully less so than before but one can never be sure :)

13. ElSabio

ElSabio Fapstronaut

One of my previous stupid ideas was atheism. I just didn't understand what religion is all about.

Dioplleo_547 likes this.
  14. Same here bro, I thought religion was about mind control or something, but after doing some research I was wrong and I'm going to have to answer God's question as to why I didn't believe in him.

15. ElSabio

ElSabio Fapstronaut

Way I figure is that God gave me the mind and the ability to doubt and it would be a sin not to use it. We ended up where we are now we just didn't get here the way we thought we would. If someone would have told me even ten years ago that I'd be religious again I would have literally laughed in their face. What a way to learn to be humble.

16. LetsBeLovely87

LetsBeLovely87 Fapstronaut

Yes, the real politics (the politics of the streets, of your city, of your local, of your neighborhood, the "boring politics"), no the "virtual politics" (the politics of extreme ideological views, of unrealistic nuances about the world problems, the politics of the fables, the radical and fast solutions)