1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

35 and Older Accountability Group

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by artifact, Nov 24, 2018.

1. SeekingEnergy

SeekingEnergy Fapstronaut

Always seemed like the best thing is to just be doing things you like/want more.

artifact and JJ_Kino like this.
  2. jaberwaki

jaberwaki Fapstronaut

Checking in. Closing in on 5 months!

3. Fantastic life

Fantastic life Fapstronaut

Checking in ...
    Have a nice day

artifact likes this.
  4. My plan for success this weekend after a disappointing week:

1. No idle time on Facebook or streaming platforms.
    2. When feeling tempted, immediately use Freedom app to block all websites. Also, stay off the computer until temptations pass.
    3. Do physical activities such as washing dishes to get past urges.
    4. Meditate, pray, and read scripts as necessary.

Luckily, I have a couple of social things planned (a visit to a relative and a phone call to a friend) so that will help me avoid P and M.

5. Ik2

Ik2 Fapstronaut

Not sure why but today feels like the type of day where a relapse could happen. Probably just the passage of time, nearly a week, also not great sleep this week, and currently home alone.

I've had this before where I have this feeling, and then I say to myself well of course I won't relapse, duh. And then a few hours later I am like some creep drooling over a screen for hours. Pathetic.

Anyway, always good to recognize times like this. I will continue to build the life that I want. Be productive but not at the expense of my mental health.

GottaBFree and Fantastic life like this.
  6. Can you get out of the house for a while? Or meet up with someone? Its good to be aware of when you are most vulnerable. I know that for me, not getting enough sleep and being alone at home are two factors that increase my risk of relapse.

GottaBFree likes this.
  7. Ik2

Ik2 Fapstronaut

Thanks for the tip. I work from home for the time being, so there is the expectancy that I am at my desk most of the time, but practically speaking I can always leave for just a bit of course. Meeting up will be hard, but I will take your advice and go for a little walk or short bike ride if I notice my mind going to certain places.

JJ_Kino and GottaBFree like this.
  8. jaberwaki

jaberwaki Fapstronaut

Checking in. Be well everyone

artifact and JJ_Kino like this.
  9. SeekingEnergy

Had another reset. Insomnia is my biggest kryptonite. Tips there?

JJ_Kino likes this.
  10. Fantastic life

I have started playing mouth organ and it helps me a lot .

After aerobic exercise, i play mouth organ for 5 to 10 minutes and its affect long last for 3 to 4 hours and in that duration no urges come .

Have a nice day .

artifact, JJ_Kino and SeekingEnergy like this.
  11. Fantastic life

Meditate 5 minutes before sleep .
    Hope it will help you

JJ_Kino, artifact and SeekingEnergy like this.
  12. Good tip

JJ_Kino and artifact like this.
  13. Martial

Martial Fapstronaut

I have read the rules and would like to join this group.

14. jaberwaki

jaberwaki Fapstronaut

Checking in. 150 days tomorrow!

15. SeekingEnergy

wow. nice!!

16. Hi Martial. You have been added to the member ranking. Welcome to the group!

JJ_Kino, ctr and Fantastic life like this.
  17. GottaBFree

GottaBFree Fapstronaut

Reset. Strong desire to check out of reality and be consumed. Basically spent tons of time building up to PM cause I wanted to be consumed by something.

Not a huge fall and relapse. I'm on the right path. I don't like P and I will soon be free.

JJ_Kino, artifact and Fantastic life like this.
  18. Martial

Martial Fapstronaut

Thanks Artifact, great to be here!

GottaBFree, JJ_Kino and artifact like this.
  19. Hi all...I made it to 35 days with absolutely no problems...not even an urge to look once at P. But then yesterday sat on the sofa and I got some strong sexual urges and before I knew it my brain had just convinced me to pick up the laptop to look so I did and PMO'd 3 x that day....needless to say was a rubbish day!

So I'm starting afresh from today and will continue to work hard on this...have made 45 and 35 days the last 2 times so I am making progress but need to be careful about where the urges can come from

Thanks for all the support

20. Fantastic life

One of the benefits you get by going 35 days clean is, now you are able to take positive decision to start again.

Very nice bro !
    Congrats for earlier successful streaks and hope you will post that contains a message which says "finally i am free".:)

Have a nice day to all of you .