1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Deep regret and shame for what I've done *warning*

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by glchaka, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Lemondrop

Lemondrop Fapstronaut

So the post on here about 4chan really hit me hard. I’m almost curious if the exposure and anxiety have funneled into intrusive thoughts. I know I was a heavy 4chan user in like 2007-2010 and even though I never sought it out CP did crop up on /b/ and I did, and sometimes still do, have intrusive thoughts about some of those images. My point is I’m wonder if the fact that they are intrusive led you to look into it more, almost giving yourself more control and “testing” yourself to see if you’re into it or not. I know you’re worried about seeing a therapist but there are therapists that specialize in this and it might be worth it to seek them out.

2. Hey bro, I hope you're doing alright.I know everything's upside down right now, but just remember there is hope. They say the opposite of addiction is connection, so by that standard, you're doing the right thing by going to SA and talking with a therapist. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Keep doing things, keep up hobbies and exercise, they have great healing powers.

When you're feeling depressed or out of control, read the The Unity Prayer from SA aloud:

"I put my hand in yours, and together we can do what we could never do alone. No longer is there a sense of hopelessness. No longer must we each depend upon our own unsteady willpower. We are all together now, reaching out our hands for a power and strength greater than I ours, and as we join hands, we find love and understanding beyond our wildest dreams."

And as a postscript: "Keep coming back it works if you work it, so work it you're worth it!"

Platinum Polar Bear likes this.