1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Thomas3

Thomas3 Fapstronaut

2. Mathman1994

Mathman1994 Fapstronaut

Day 16

My romantic interest came over yesterday for lunch with my family, and then I went and played in a Yugioh tournament. I ended up in 13th place out of 17 (out of 32 if you count all of the people who dropped). Prizes only went to first place so most of us were going to leave with only the participation packs. I did two Spanish classes today, baked some bread, and did my laundry. Now I have a work meeting in 5 minutes, so I am posting quickly as I never checked in yesterday.

Best,
    Mathman1994

3. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

day 33
    I left instagram for few days as i say and the results are interesting
    -Little urges in all that time without it.
    -I didn't fish in all those days.
    Conclusion: I have to suspend instagram for a long time , i will use just if it a emergency.
    I will put this information in the prevention plan( it works as my Mithril in the journey).
    [​IMG]

4. jaberwaki

jaberwaki Fapstronaut

150 days :emoji_star2: You reached Henneth Annûn, a hidden refuge of the Rangers of Ithilien. You're now the commander of armies and ruler of hearts. People love you. “Who am I?” “You are our King, sire!”

5. Vanquisher12

Vanquisher12 Fapstronaut

6. OttarrTheVendelCrow

OttarrTheVendelCrow Fapstronaut

Day 189. Still battling some urges but keeping my progress within view. Why waste 189 days of accomplishment on a few minutes of failure?

7. MS PBH

MS PBH Fapstronaut

8. Day 3 complete!

I struggled with a mild urge for most of the evening but reached out to my AP to talk it over. The reason is that I was out and about all over town with a friend today. There was a carnal component, just catching glimpses of all the women enjoying the weather, but also that fact that it brought back (good) memories of spending time with other friends in the past. I guess it made me hungry for, not intimacy exactly, but just more close contact with people I care about who I haven't seen in a while. But I had enough presence of mind to recognize that PMO wouldn't give me those things and to leave it behind!

St. Anthony of the Desert, pray for us!

9. Cartographer

Cartographer Fapstronaut

Day 26,

It has been a nonstop day and I have moved my desktop computer to a shared office space which will limit my access to P.

I do have a laptop, however, it runs so slowly that it is useful really only as a word processor.

Best to you all Fellowship!

10. Baby Yoda

Baby Yoda Fapstronaut

Day 0
    I've got to reset my counter again. It is crazy to think how things can change on a dime. I was feeling great today and then boom. I spent too much time on youtube and let my guard down. You give an inch, it'll take a mile.

I am in a rut right now, I just know it, and I think its best that I take a little break from the site and spend some time thinking and getting out of this rut and loss of motivation I'm having in my life. I want to come back being able to look at everything with fresh eyes and a good mindset again. I do not know how much time that will be but I will be back on this challenge when I feel ready. Hopefully that is soon, and know that you are all in my prayers fellowship!

11. HE^MAN

HE^MAN Distinguished Fapstronaut

12. Are-we-there-yet?

Are-we-there-yet? Fapstronaut

Hey, no worries. Hope you're doing okay! I don't know your situation so I want to be sensitive here and not project anything but know we're all here with you man. It can be good to get away and analyze but the danger can be to let that isolation carry too long. Naturally, you don't have to be here, but yeah. I've just had my rut's turn into caverns of depression and I don't want that for anyone. But that might be me projecting onto you too so just ignore this if so haha.

Stay strong and blessings from the orcs... (it'd be from the fellowship but I ain't there yet. lol)

13. Are-we-there-yet?

Are-we-there-yet? Fapstronaut

Hey Bro, I feel like I've been there (and will be again). Just wanted to encourage you with this kinda random Gandolf quote but for me has always been somehow applicable to me in those type of slightly depressed times. Perhaps because it's a weird reminder of hope when we can not see it. That there are forces at work around us and that we are never alone as we might think we are. Just take this large community as an example!

Anyway, enjoy and blessings from an Orc

P.S. I agree with RiseToGreatness. Carpe Diem

14. Rubzi

Rubzi Fapstronaut

Day 7 check-in - The Dark Fortress, Barad-dûr.

HE^MAN, MS PBH, ListenPaul and 7 others like this.
  15. Day 8. marching on towards hobbit

HE^MAN, MS PBH, ListenPaul and 6 others like this.
  16. Vanquisher12

Vanquisher12 Fapstronaut

Curses! A moment of weakness last night caused me to wank, and I have fallen to becoming a Ringwraith. The worst of it was that I knew the inner cause of it, and could have prevented it.

But because I know the cause, I can prevent it next time, because next time I will be stronger.

17. Suki

Suki Fapstronaut

18. EpsilonDelta

EpsilonDelta Fapstronaut

14 days. Yesterday was quite unproductive. Should have cleaned by apartment, but didn't. Should have taken a run but didn't. Should have done more things at work but didn't. At least I did some bodyweight exercises and had pretty much no urges throughout the day.

Today I'm gonna fill my mind with good and strong intentions to destroy the PMO forces as the journey (as a hobit) begins tomorrow.

19. Ready to Stop

Ready to Stop Fapstronaut

Day 113 no PMO. Feeling very down the last several days. I think it’s God trying to get me to rely on him and not myself.

20. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

it's good to chill from time to time and as long as you done nothing harmful you still have move forward no matter how small was the step ! Our energy comes and goes in certain nature set rhymes so don't blame yourself if you instinctively done the right thing when you felt somewhat low ! Check out this term Biorhythm to understand yourself better !

Last edited: Jun 15, 2021