1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

It's summer and i'm alone

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by p1p2, Jun 15, 2021.

1. p1p2

p1p2 Fapstronaut

Summer comes, and people make plans, go on trips, enjoy parties, go to the beach, and then there is me, who stays alone at home because I have no friends.

Every day I am more tired of everything, of life, of people, of not having a girlfriend, it is all in one. How do you do it? How the hell do you do to be happy?

I do sports, I have my hobbies, but I'm fucking lonely. I thought life was something else, and now at 24 years old, the only thing I want is for everything to end.

2. SaiyanWarrior

SaiyanWarrior Fapstronaut

Go out and make friends then. Join a club or contact school or college buddie. Or go to a restaurant and talk to cashier everyday and make him/her your friend.

Or even better if you're lonely then just sit alone everyday and meditate and get enlightened. Break away from the matrix.

Peace out

p1p2, Aléxandros and ivanhoe like this.
  3. Sounds like you have a 'story' about yourself.. time to change it.

This sounds more like depression than just loneliness. A lack of purpose. Have you considered for example, studying stoicism? Men don't try to to be 'happy' they have a need for a purpose.

First, don't feel bad about it - Loneliness is epidemic in society - broken families, fractured society, - there are a lot of lonely people. During lockdown I read Robinson Cursoe -this quote struck me:

“Those people cannot enjoy comfortably what God has given them because they see and covet what He has not given them. All of our discontents for what we want appear to me to spring from want of thankfulness for what we have.”
    ― Daniel Defoe, Robinson Crusoe

Start by what you do have and being grateful for that. You're 24, you know how many people over 40 (like me) look back on our lives with regret and wish we could go back to 23, 24? I remember getting down like this, I realize now it's because I couldnt' see all the potential opportunity around me!

Rather than look at your situation as dire, fixed, hopeless - look at it as an adventure. Ok you're alone now, read, improve yourself, go to meetups, try different things...

start working harder, train harder, become the man you want to be.

4. Aléxandros

Aléxandros Fapstronaut

Go to the gym, have the guts to go and talk to people in there,
    participate in social events,
    or be part of an organized trip with people of your age,
    and there's even more, just going outside your house will make you feel less lonely, and outside you can meet people.

look for some social activities every day, and don't be shy to talk to people, even about stupid things.

5. Aléxandros

Aléxandros Fapstronaut

I agree with @ivanhoe, by the way.

Even though I am full of friends and sociality, sometimes I prefer focusing on myself, my body, my mind and my soul.
    I go to the gym when no one's there, I read with my earphones on, I get out of social media, I practice loneliness.

But I understand you, there should be some balance.
    But if you get used to being alone, if you understand that you will spend 90% of your life with yourself,
    when you understand you are the only one you deserve, the only one you can trust,
    the only one whose company is really worth, your main friend,

then you will enjoy loneliness.
    maybe people will see how you are so good around yourself, without anyone, and will enter your life out of nowhere, curious to know what's so beautiful about you, how a man you are, that you don't need anyone to be happy.

My practical advice on that is: surround yourself with great books,

Books about being a man:
    No More Mr Nice Guy
    The 3% Man
    The way of the superior man

and even a book about making friends and being liked: How to win friends and influence people.

Good luck with your personal growth path!

p1p2 and ivanhoe like this.
  6. p1p2

p1p2 Fapstronaut

Hi guys, thanks for all the advice you have given me.

I am currently reading the 3% men book. But, I live in Spain and I don't know if I will be able to apply the same tactics as in the author's place. Also, I hate the fucking mask, I really hate it with all my desire, I feel dehumanized with it, and it takes away the desire to get out of it. For those of you who do not know, here it is mandatory to take it from her, and we are in summer, imagine at 40º from her with her wearing it ... It is hell on earth.

Regarding my socialization problem, it is difficult for me to make friends, most of the ones I had, they were people who only knew how to enjoy going to drink alcohol and eating junk food ... A lifestyle that I do not want for myself.

I'd be lying if I said I don't want a girlfriend, because it's the truth, I feel needed, and I don't know how to get rid of that feeling. I just want to be free, not depend on anyone, and it hurts me, it hurts me a lot that people value me because of how capable I am at succeeding with women.

It is a pain to my constant self-esteem. And of course, I see the people around me who have a girlfriend and I feel lost and destroyed ...

I suppose you are right about my age, my problem is that I reach 40 without a family and with nothing, I am also afraid of that ... I do not know why I am here, I simply would like to have a family and be happy

7. Totally agree. But I was listening to Jocko (are you familiar with Jocko Willink, ex navy seal- he has soem great books and podcast) he just said he puts it on for example when required in a store, because his 'mission' is for example to get an item in the store. So he says 'no factor' - that's his Navy SEAL way of saying he doesn't let it bother him :) > I figured if a tough as nails decorated SEAL can have that attitude then I can too.

First thing it is GREAT that you see that at a young age and want to change NOW. Damn I wish I was as smart as you are now when I was your age. It took me a LONG time to realize how wasteful it was.
    Ok you're walking away from conformist, average people - that's going to take a little effort and it might come as a little of shock -and remember also when you try to make positive changes unfortunately people will try to drag you down. "Hey what do you think you are better than us" "Hey what you don't drink, what are you a sissy" .

Read about examples of men who made positive changes and like others said, just keep focusing on what you can improve now - you'll start meeting people who are like minded as you do things that get you in those circles.

For example, if you do triatholons join a training group.

Nothing wrong with that sir! That's perfectly natural.

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."
    Do you know why the bible and the stoics are filled with quotes like this? because we humans spend more time ruminating about things that never happen to us or things that happened in the past. The stoics say its foolish to worry about what you can't control. Focus on what you can do now.

The solution is to get in the present.

p1p2 likes this.
  8. The generation of men who feel like this are either going to reach critical mass and remake the world, or be crushed out of existence by the tides of history. I for one wont be going down without a fight.

p1p2 and ivanhoe like this.