1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Lord of the Rings Challenge

Discussion in 'Events & Challenges' started by RiseToGreatness, Sep 22, 2019.

Should the Thread Title be extended?

Poll closed Jun 21, 2020.
  1. No, leave like that: "The Lord of the Rings Challenge"

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Fellowship of Nofap"

15 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: Rising Fellowship of Eärendil"

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Journey to Mount Doom"

5 vote(s)
    15.2%
  5. Yes. "The Lord of the Rings Challenge: The Quest of the Ring-bearer"

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Mathman1994

Mathman1994 Fapstronaut

I find myself desensitized to cold showers too, but for me, I cannot take hot showers anymore, it is too uncomfortable. The cold feels uncomfortable and yet paradoxically, it is comforting and I feel so much more relaxed after a cold shower than I do after a hot shower. I actually have to keep turning down the temperature because my body quickly acclimates, but in the end, I leave relaxed and ready to start the day.

Best,
    Mathman1994

2. crazyhorse11

crazyhorse11 Fapstronaut

Checking in friends

Restarted the 30 day challenge with Freedom Fight to help with studying the addiction again. Today's lesson references Romans 7:18-25

3. Onan the Barbarian

Onan the Barbarian Fapstronaut

Day 1 check in

So far: prayer, meditation, walk, healthy lunch, confession, work (still too lazy, brain-fogged, and unfocused, but it is getting better).

Thought for today: I do not have to be out of shape, depressed, or unmotivated. I do not have to wallow in laziness. I can take control of my life.

4. Are-we-there-yet?

Are-we-there-yet? Fapstronaut

Checking in early..

It's like the gods of old heard me yesterday and decided to punish me today. I've just been plagued all day with erotic images and urges. It's been terrible. I've sensed my irritability rise as well. Whether from lack of PMO or sleep I don't know. I've used the panic button a few times and it actually helped.

I just got to make it another 5 hours and I can sleep. I'll let you guys know how I do.

5. Revanthegrey

Revanthegrey Fapstronaut

Yes i did that too and the result was irritability i feeled like Boromir
    [​IMG]
    If you feel with a big urge ,deeps breath as we say here, that helps really.

6. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

Seeing posts of long streak holders who recently relapsed and none has been able to get back up. Sad. Please, never relapse. No days off

7. HE^MAN

HE^MAN Distinguished Fapstronaut

8. MS PBH

MS PBH Fapstronaut

9. Cartographer

Cartographer Fapstronaut

Looking forward to seeing you when you come back friend. Just a bit of my own experience, being away from this site only works when you do not have access to P (for me it was when I went on vacation without my laptop and had a P blocker on my phone). Be safe and we will be here once you come back

10. Cartographer

Cartographer Fapstronaut

Day 28,

Feeling good and staying active. Keeping my guard up and happy to have my desktop computer in a public workspace, rather than my room for the time being.

Edit: Did peek a little going to reset to 0. No progress lost, but going to stay honest to myself

Best wishes Fellowship

Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
  11. OttarrTheVendelCrow

OttarrTheVendelCrow Fapstronaut

Day 191. Pushing ahead. My urges have subsided to an extent. Staying diligent

MS PBH, HE^MAN, ListenPaul and 8 others like this.
  12. Mathman1994

Mathman1994 Fapstronaut

Day 19 officially

Don't worry if I do not post for a few days, I will be on vacation and trying to not use my devices for anything (as internet access is spotty where I am going). As such I will post back on here at least by Tuesday if not sooner.

Best,
    Mathman1994

13. 20
    My current state is very unstable.

MS PBH, HE^MAN, ListenPaul and 6 others like this.
  14. Suki

Suki Fapstronaut

15. EpsilonDelta

EpsilonDelta Fapstronaut

16 days. Running + bodyweight exercises in the morning, some walking in the afternoon, and hung out with friends in the evening. Almost no urges.

MS PBH, Suki, HE^MAN and 7 others like this.
  16. Day 10, double digits. Only 90 days left to triple digits ;)
    Keep it up everybody, we're doing alright

MS PBH, Suki, HE^MAN and 6 others like this.
  17. Ready to Stop

Ready to Stop Fapstronaut

Day 115 no PMO. Didn’t sleep much last night. Big day at work today so I’m feeling a little anxious.

18. Slider8

Slider8 Fapstronaut

Me too -stayed at bed for 8 hours but slept probably for 3-4. Don't be anxious, for it's a state of mind where it dwells on non existing fears. Stay in the present moment! :)

19. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

338 days dwarf king
    413 days no PMO, semen retention

Ready_to_Stop, MS PBH, HE^MAN and 4 others like this.
  20. archie.hill

archie.hill Fapstronaut