1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Is traveling alone weird?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Jrmz94, Jun 16, 2021.

1. Jrmz94

Jrmz94 Fapstronaut

What are your thoughts on traveling alone? I pretty much don't have any friends to hang out with but I really want to travel. Ive travel before with "friends" before the pandemic unfortunately I'm no longer friends with them. I feel like going on a mini vacation will cure my boredom and depression

2. last chance

last chance Fapstronaut

I don't think that's strange in any way. The famous German polymath Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, for example, made a famous trip to Italy between 1786-1788. He traveled alone. If he could do that, so can you.

3. Oliver Gunter

Oliver Gunter Fapstronaut

Years ago an older co-worker told me that travelling alone was the best time of his life. He adviced me to do the same. I didn't do it often or for longer than 2 weeks but it was amazing! A couple that I met on my travels are still good friends of mine.

4. I love his majestic book about Italy despite are mostly letters.

Buddhabro2.0, ndaty and last chance like this.
  5. BodhiTree

BodhiTree Fapstronaut

Best way to feel alive.

6. Dave G 123

Dave G 123 Fapstronaut

I've done it many times, and always enjoyed it - maybe start out with a long weekend somewhere, and take it from there?

Buddhabro2.0, ndaty and Jrmz94 like this.
  7. PanteriMauzer

PanteriMauzer Fapstronaut

Its not weird , Bald and Bankrupt does that always and he is one of the most viewed youtubers

8. ElSabio

ElSabio Fapstronaut

It's not even slightly weird. I've traveled for years at a time alone. I work and live at a hostel now and at least 70% of long term travelers are solo probably more. I've never spent more than a couple of days without meeting a fellow solo traveler and it's way easy to make friends because there are so many people doing it. Don't even think twice about it. If you want to travel just buy a ticket to anywhere, stay at a cheap hostel and you will have instant friends.

Taylor25, Buddhabro2.0, ndaty and 2 others like this.
  9. Rents77

Rents77 Fapstronaut

Well, happy to hear the input in here, because I've planned a lot of concert tourism for 2022 and for the most part, I'm gonna be alone cause the artists / bands I want to hear aren't that popular.

Poland, Germany, Czech Republic... gonna be fun times.

10. gordie

gordie Fapstronaut

I moved to the Czech Republic alone at 25 years old, I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Taylor25, Buddhabro2.0, ndaty and 2 others like this.
  11. UncleBarnacle

UncleBarnacle Fapstronaut

I've been traveling my whole life, much of it alone, including going to India when I was 27 and living there for 5 months.

I've been everywhere except the Middle East and Africa, and I'll get to 'em!

Can't recommend it enough. In fact, having traveled with a partner, I'll go further and say that traveling alone is much better as it forces you to come out of your shell and talk to people, whereas with a partner, you usually talk to them.

"I'm never happier than when I'm goin' somewhere."

12. TerryDeirdre

TerryDeirdre New Fapstronaut

Traveling alone can be great.

13. Atticus

Atticus Fapstronaut

No, not weird. In fact, traveling alone allows one to paint the experience with their own mental paintbrush.

Very useful if one is dating as well.

Taylor25, Rehab101, vibemaker and 2 others like this.
  14. ndaty

ndaty Fapstronaut

I'll travel very alone for the first time next month, i dread of being lost but i'm looking forward to it!

15. BodhiTree

BodhiTree Fapstronaut

Being lost is the best part. Just enjoy it and be in the moment.

16. Captain Caboodles

Captain Caboodles Fapstronaut

Maps and gps are great. Don’t be afraid to ask for directions either! Have fun!

17. ndaty

ndaty Fapstronaut

Yeahh, thanku!
    I'll use google map for sure! I can practice some japanese by asking for directions, haha

Buddhabro2.0 likes this.
  18. It's fine, but it's definitely more fun with others.

19. It is perfectly normal. Going with people, when you want to be solo is the weird thing.

Buddhabro2.0 likes this.
  20. ElSabio

ElSabio Fapstronaut

Same here. I
    I always forget how stressful it is at first but it's the best way to travel. Nobody else you are responsible for. I find people who want to do what I want do and go do it.

Buddhabro2.0 and vibemaker like this.